[3.0] Lightning Claw Cyclone Berserker (Guardians Farmable, Shaper Viable, super fast clear speed)

Hello :) after a little break with PoE (i stopped on breach league), i come with a new pretty BUDGET BUILD to farm Guardians and even Shaper. Atm i have many ways to improve my items (tankiness and DPS)

How it started
At begin i tried
with Cyclone (Dominus Thunder Punch looks cool, but its way too slow to even use it) the damage was not that bad, clear speed (CoMK + Shield Charge) killed almost every white and blue packs with one hit, but some bosses and monsters caused rly big problems, cuz i couldn't dodge effectively... Accidentally i put on Brightbeak and i saw that DPS is only a bit lower, so i tried few weapons and new gloves and i found the best setup for me

GEAR
Here i spend a lot of my time to find a best solution in terms of DPS and clear speed
Weapon - try to find claws with highest lightning dps and attack speed, elemental damage with attacks is a nice bonus

Why claws ? Why not foils ? My answer is simple, claws don't need so much dex as foils, so it's easier to cap your stats

Helmet - the only one option for me is
it allows us to use Shield Charge as a 6L, it's our map clearing skill, we can even gain frenzy charges with it, thanks to Ice Bite and extra damage buff thanks to Innervate

Chest - here you have few options, atm i wear
but i'm thinking about Brass Dome (extra armour - extra survivability), i'm counting now only on my leech after savage hit

Shield - the only one choice

Gloves - best in slot

Belt - high hp, high res, elemental damage with attacks
Boots - high hp, high res, movement speed
Jewellery - high hp, high res, flat lightning damage, elemental damage with attacks, lightning damage
Examples -

Jewels - try to get HP, attack speed and attack speed while holding a shield. AoE damage or lightning damage or even 3rd attack speed roll is nice to have but prices are way to high for me to afford them

Flasks - standard setup i think, freeze immunity, bleed immunity, Wise Oak (lightning res must be the highest to active lightning pen), movement speed and Atziri's Promise

How it works
Our clear skill is Shield Charge linked in helmet what provides 6L
CoMK + Shock Nova is nice setup to clear whites and blues even some rares, tough mobs you must destroy with Cyclone
Important Thing ! don't shield charge into Harbinger groups or monsters with a lots of hp or stun capabilites, just use cyclone, it's safier
Bosses - drop ancestral warchief, use blood rage and vaal haste, pop up flasks, spin2win
Shaper/Guardians - it's doable with cyclone (had done all), but if you want some more dps or you don't like it, change it for Blade Flurry

Auras
I use Wrath and Conductivity, if you get +1 curse amulet you can try to obtain or buy Thunderfists with Curse with Elemental Weakness on hit

Pros and Cons

Pros -
Fast as fuck (2+ attack speed claws)
Berserker life leech
Immune to stuns when spin
Sometimes destroy corpses (Ice bite freeze ability)
Possible to get 7k+hp
Spin2Win
Not 100% meta build

Cons -
Cyclone path finding is still not that great
Sometimes too fast with shield charge (it doesn't suit some ppl playstyle)
Version i use atm has like 0 armour or Evasion
Maxing the build can be rly expensive
It's only made for fun build, you can still find more viable builds

FAQ

Why you linked Elemental Focus with Cyclone ? You can't shock now !
Not true, you can still shock with Ancestral Warchief or Harbinger of Storms

What about reflect mobs/maps? One rare is ok... But reflect maps are no go

HC Viable? Definitely not :P

Claws or Foils? If you can cap your dex for Foils use them, they have better weapon range( 12 instead of 9)

Videos? My laptop is not that good, but maybe i will add some soon

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/czwkQCVz

Last edited by Weturon on Sep 14, 2017, 8:06:24 AM
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2017, 6:12:17 AM
Hey nice build, I don't know why no one replied to your thread.

By the way can you still shock with elemental focus support?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info