[3.0] Dreamfinder - Fast Clear / Fast Bossing / All Content

Updated - 6 Link acquired and all Guardians facetanked deathless (except Chimera, those adds are scary :P)

Will continue Min/Maxing while working towards 20/20 gems for Shaper.
honestly, i've been fiddling around with blade flurry vs my main char molten strikes single target setup. i honestly think molten strike is by far and large the best single target melee dps you can get. its barrage level.

when i tinker a few things around with your tree and stuff (like just getting point blank), molten strike super super outshines blade flurry by a fucking mile. even non crit.

pathfinder does slightly less dps than raider, but has all of its benefits, obviously.

in pob if i were to respec tree a bit, removing crit nodes just to get some more life and some proj benefits + frenzy charges, and replace the diamond flask with atziri's promise, molten strike melee hit is running 275k dps, and each molten ball is hitting 433k dps. getting the threshold jewels and helm enchant, even without dying sun you're looking at 10 projectiles.

now all 10 projectiles won't hit every single boss, some bosses probably, but even if half of those hits you're looking at over 2m dps compared to blade flurry 800k.
"
xMustard wrote:
honestly, i've been fiddling around with blade flurry vs my main char molten strikes single target setup. i honestly think molten strike is by far and large the best single target melee dps you can get. its barrage level.

when i tinker a few things around with your tree and stuff (like just getting point blank), molten strike super super outshines blade flurry by a fucking mile. even non crit.

pathfinder does slightly less dps than raider, but has all of its benefits, obviously.

in pob if i were to respec tree a bit, removing crit nodes just to get some more life and some proj benefits + frenzy charges, and replace the diamond flask with atziri's promise, molten strike melee hit is running 275k dps, and each molten ball is hitting 433k dps. getting the threshold jewels and helm enchant, even without dying sun you're looking at 10 projectiles.

now all 10 projectiles won't hit every single boss, some bosses probably, but even if half of those hits you're looking at over 2m dps compared to blade flurry 800k.

You might be right. Molten Strike is probably a better skill choice on your Naghamu Raider. Going non-crit, eo and raider is a totally different build though.

Also worth pointing out that calculated DPS isn't everything. Getting 5 off on Perfect Form is going to be expensive (197 Dex requirement), for Molten you'd probably want 3R/2B for highest DPS. Molten Strike enchant helms and Dying suns are also expensive. One of my goals with the build was to keep it semi-budget, otherwise I'd just be running Barrage.

I ran a couple maps with Molten just to test, and it feels clunky on a Vaal Pact character. That delay between attacking and getting leech from the magma balls can kill you on high tier content. Also, it didn't feel like I was killing any faster with Molten.

Another point here is, with some more min/maxing I should hit 1.2-1.4m calculated Shaper DPS with BF. PoB seems to take Ruthless's bonus and divide it by 1/3, but if you're using it correctly it's going to be active 80-90% of the time on bosses. So actual DPS is much higher.

Try it if you like, though. Dreamfeather can use almost all skills, part of why I started testing with this build.
Last edited by Icaros on Sep 24, 2017, 5:07:21 AM
im not talking about a totally different build tho, im talking about your build, and its pretty clear that molten strike is much higher dps if you just get point blank and keep everything else the same.

the gap becomes much larger if you min/max towards molten strike, but even without dying sun and the enchant you're doing significantly more damage (more than twice the amount) than blade flurry. with those things it can be even higher.

its fine if you don't want to use the skill and such, or if you don't like how it operates, but its very clear its much more dps.

molten strike works with anything too, you don't have to be ngamahu, you don't have to be full fire dmg. actually if i took my ngamahu build and just swap out the weapons to a dual hyaons, my dps goes up from 5.1m dps (about 2.8 shaper) to 6m.

you can stack flat dmg, you can build it around immolate, it literally doesn't matter.
Last edited by xMustard on Sep 24, 2017, 10:44:33 AM
I've been playing my pathfinder quite a bit. Experimenting with different setups. Different builds/weapons/spells/flasks.

One thing I find that should be said is Alchemist flasks are superior. Much like the local attack speed on a weapon being a multiplicative increase to attack speed from other sources(why people use that golden carpenter's hammer to get around). An Alchemist's flask is going to provide you with an insane increase vs a moderate one. Grabbing some flask duration off the 2 mana nodes near your starting point will smooth out the reduced duration. But you could say screw the stibnite flask and grab 27% phys reduction. I do this when I MF Vaults with 4k HP and tank slams with vulnerability and Added dmg mods.

Doing this could open your chest slot up for more Variety

For mapping purposes this jewel is more than insane with a HH and just strong enough to always use as pathfinder. Spamming all flasks + auras for any build is going to be 50-120 flat fire dmg. With a headhunter(rare monsters have 3-4 buffs to take each) you have 20 second of 15-36 flat fire per rare killed. Like a esh's mirror but lasts longer and fire dmg.

Hope that helps. GLHF
IGN @ExileProz
Would we be better off having a second 6 link chest for our clearing skill/boss skill, and using a different helmet?
I feel that for map clear speed the QoF is impossible to beat. For T15+ bosses it is totally easy to swap in a chest. but truly uneeded if you build correctly and use portals for flask charges. With HH you want to bumrush the boss and go ham for the duration of your buffs. If you are using a QoF you will approach the boss with more buffs active due to the speed at which clear.
IGN @ExileProz
"
SirJukesAlot wrote:
I've been playing my pathfinder quite a bit. Experimenting with different setups. Different builds/weapons/spells/flasks.

One thing I find that should be said is Alchemist flasks are superior. Much like the local attack speed on a weapon being a multiplicative increase to attack speed from other sources(why people use that golden carpenter's hammer to get around). An Alchemist's flask is going to provide you with an insane increase vs a moderate one. Grabbing some flask duration off the 2 mana nodes near your starting point will smooth out the reduced duration. But you could say screw the stibnite flask and grab 27% phys reduction. I do this when I MF Vaults with 4k HP and tank slams with vulnerability and Added dmg mods.

Doing this could open your chest slot up for more Variety

For mapping purposes this jewel is more than insane with a HH and just strong enough to always use as pathfinder. Spamming all flasks + auras for any build is going to be 50-120 flat fire dmg. With a headhunter(rare monsters have 3-4 buffs to take each) you have 20 second of 15-36 flat fire per rare killed. Like a esh's mirror but lasts longer and fire dmg.

Hope that helps. GLHF

You might be right on the flasks. Mine just ended up rolling Experimenter's/Chemists. I usually roll for the intended suffix more than the prefix, and even getting that can be expensive now.

Something you're missing about Perfect form is its evasion scaling based on uncapped cold resistance. Evasion is damage with Dreamfeather. Stacking cold resists (or all resists) gives us another way to improve evasion. With Taste of Hate, we're easily getting 200%+ evasion which puts Perfect Form ahead of other evasion chests by a mile, not even counting its other defense benefits.

In terms of Mantra of Flames/ HH. It's cool if you have that, but most people don't. Without HH, Mantra is lacklustre compared to static electricity. I hoped to make this build as budget friendly as possible, recommending HH doesn't really fit that.

I'm sure it's awesome if you have one though.

"
Would we be better off having a second 6 link chest for our clearing skill/boss skill, and using a different helmet?

If you happen to have multiple 6 links with expensive colors laying around, it might be better. There's not much to be gained from 4 more links at this point though, other than vaal skills, or maybe damage on your ancestral protector.

"
I feel that for map clear speed the QoF is impossible to beat. For T15+ bosses it is totally easy to swap in a chest. but truly uneeded if you build correctly and use portals for flask charges. With HH you want to bumrush the boss and go ham for the duration of your buffs. If you are using a QoF you will approach the boss with more buffs active due to the speed at which clear.

I'm right on par with QotF wanders in Beachheads, just whirling. I do recommend QotF in the guide, though.
more than likely those wanders are not using proper flasks and high evasion queens, with 1 of the 2 HH speed buffs I hit 700+ movespeed. I've stopped doing rotos due to complaints about me being 3 screens ahead and I don't want to wait.

Give it try, you'd have to experience it I guess.

For bossing though perfect form is probs best if you wanna face tank and not think about what's going on. I haven't compared the dmg aspect of it.
IGN @ExileProz
Last edited by SirJukesAlot on Sep 24, 2017, 10:49:08 PM
"
SirJukesAlot wrote:
more than likely those wanders are not using proper flasks and high evasion queens, with 1 of the 2 HH speed buffs I hit 700+ movespeed. I've stopped doing rotos due to complaints about me being 3 screens ahead and I don't want to wait.

Give it try, you'd have to experience it I guess.

For bossing though perfect form is probs best if you wanna face tank and not think about what's going on. I haven't compared the dmg aspect of it.

I had a 500%+ MS pathfinder last league.
Not about to recommend Headhunter in the build. Of course an 80-100ex item grants you power.
Run it if you have one. Most people don't have that kind of currency in a temp league, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info