Should vendors sell R-G-B linked items? [POSSIBLE SPOILER]

SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER

*** If you don't want to know about vendor recipes, stop reading! ***

I've noticed that vendors will frequently have for sale items with red-green-blue linked sockets, but for the normal price (say, 1 Orb of Transmutation.)

I've gained a tidy stack of Chromatic Orbs by simply buying these items from the vendors for the (imo) lower price and immediately selling them back for a Chromatic.

Is that intended behavior? (Or am I misinterpreting the value of a Chromatic Orb?)

Last edited by Cristo9FP on Feb 20, 2012, 1:44:15 AM
I dont think it matters as a problem for the economy, I use it too and offered this hint in the recipes thread before.

1) The vendors offers dont change that much (only after levelup, or at re-login of course)

2) The offers tend upon higher tier items later in the game, lowering the chance of cheap chromatics.

In summary, I found a lot more R=G=B's as loot than to buy, I take it as a nice surprise if I can make a good deal with the npcs ;)

A bigger problem (if its counted so), was the offer of cheap stuff with item drop modifiers for exchanging into alchemy shards - but this is far gone (and so, solved) with the latest patch.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Yeah, this kind of thing is intended - A reward for checking the vendors as you level, and for players willing to take the extra time to check, an extra reward for levelling up. If it is too easy to do this, like the low level alchemy shard runs, we have a problem!
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
If it is too easy to do this, like the low level alchemy shard runs used to be, we have a problem!

Modified your response. The whole time since this little exploit has been patched, I have yet to collect enough alchemy shards to get an orb... ;-P
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Feb 20, 2012, 6:35:23 PM
I got *one* single shard ever since. Two full Orb drops in the same time.
"
Rory wrote:
Yeah, this kind of thing is intended - A reward for checking the vendors as you level, and for players willing to take the extra time to check, an extra reward for levelling up. If it is too easy to do this, like the low level alchemy shard runs, we have a problem!

Thanks for the response! Good to know it's not an exploit per se :)
"
Garr0t wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
If it is too easy to do this, like the low level alchemy shard runs used to be, we have a problem!

Modified your response. The whole time since this little exploit has been patched, I have yet to collect enough alchemy shards to get an orb... ;-P

You can still get them by selling items with +qty or +rarity, but only the higher flavors of those mods.

Also key your eyes peeled for flasks with the "Surgeon's" prefix ... one alcehmy shard each!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info