[3.0] [Chieftain]FlameBlast Totem Chieftain w Soul Mantle 600k+ shaper DPS

And finally the Shaper is down, so I can officially confirm that the build is endgame-viable :) Currently sitting on 386k DPS per totem without flasks, once I get the proper boot enchantment from the endgame lab (damage penetrates 10% of elemental resistances if you haven't killed recently), it should go up to 406k regular/254k Shaper DPS without flasks, or 474k regular/311k Shaper DPS if you want to stack Wise Oak, Overflowing Chalice and Atziri's Promise. So yeah, you can get close to 1 million Shaper DPS even without some of the questionable stuff that the OP has included in his build, such as frenzy charges, Vaal Haste, onslaught (where the hell did that come from?), or lvl20 Arcane Surge that will take forever to proc.

Anyway, here's my take on the build, in case anyone is interested:
https://pastebin.com/fCJijDxT

All the gear in the pastebin link is what I'm actually wearing atm, so no theorycrafted mirror shit. The current build budget is around 17-18ex, but only because 1) I bought my 6-link Soul Mantle very early in the league when it was expensive AF, and 2) some of my gear is way overpriced and overoptimized. For instance, I paid 5ex for the shield I'm currently using, while the previous version with about 20% less spell damage and a crafted life mod instead of a T1 explicit life roll cost me only 7c. So the realistic build budget in current mid-league prices should be around 10ex, and if you can live with a 5-link Soul Mantle, 20/20 flameblast instead of 21/20, and no uber lab enchant on the helm, then you shouldn't have to spend more than 100c or so.

It's a shame the OP isn't maintaining the thread anymore, it should really be marked as "3.1" in the thread title.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jan 2, 2018, 11:38:13 AM
As the final update: just killed Uber Atziri with this build, so it is indeed "all content viable" (except for HoGM, of course, but that is implied by default :). Not much else to say about the build, I started the league with it, I've done all content with it, and I had a ton of fun running it. A pity that everyone seems to be running GC mines/totems, and no one cares about flameblast anymore :D
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
As the final update: just killed Uber Atziri with this build, so it is indeed "all content viable" (except for HoGM, of course, but that is implied by default :). Not much else to say about the build, I started the league with it, I've done all content with it, and I had a ton of fun running it. A pity that everyone seems to be running GC mines/totems, and no one cares about flameblast anymore :D

wow awesome to hear!
I might give this guy another spin this league. haven't really had much time to play, only have 1 guy at 90 and just beat shaper on him (blade flurry so it's ass at clearing)

probably will give this another go now :P
"
jonathan3344 wrote:

wow awesome to hear!
I might give this guy another spin this league. haven't really had much time to play, only have 1 guy at 90 and just beat shaper on him (blade flurry so it's ass at clearing)

Oh, nice to see the author of the guide is still with us :) Thanks for the awesome guide, man. It was my first attempt at playing totems, and it worked out really well. I'm happy I chose your build over AW totems :)
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
"
jonathan3344 wrote:

wow awesome to hear!

Oh, nice to see the author of the guide is still with us :) Thanks for the awesome guide, man. It was my first attempt at playing totems, and it worked out really well. I'm happy I chose your build over AW totems :)

I am currently in the process of building a FB totem char, respecced an old rf league starter. I'm gonna take inspiration from all the tweaks you've made (you've done a pretty kickass job) maybe by the end of the league i'll update the guide!
Scratch my earlier comment about "except HoGM" ;) Swapped my 21/20 Flameblast for 20/20 Scorching Ray (8c), threw a lvl 1 Frost Bomb into the mix (purchased from from Siosa for 1 wisdom), and finally did that stupid broken map. So the build can be tagged as "All Content Viable", with no strings attached. And yeah, I know, I was essentially running a 5-link, because SR doesn't benefit from conc effect/inc aoe, but I was too lazy to look up a proper SR setup :D
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jan 12, 2018, 11:07:14 AM
Just coming in here to let you know that there are people playing this build! :D
Only thing I dislike about Soul Mantle / Kikizaru builds is that with new Despair, Curse immunity isn't consistently possible. I can imagine many deaths to Shaper or Guardians when you get the unlucky Despair/Temp. Chains roll.

Leveling is challenging. I used Firestorm for the longest time because Flameblast is pretty clunky without a lot of cast speed and AoE. Switched to Flameblast for now because I am finally getting some points into AoE!

Also: movement skills. I really dislike Lightning Warp, so I'm trying Shield Charge. The only problem with that is that the Dex for Faster Attacks needs to be geared for.
"
Schwachsinn wrote:
Just coming in here to let you know that there are people playing this build! :D
Only thing I dislike about Soul Mantle / Kikizaru builds is that with new Despair, Curse immunity isn't consistently possible. I can imagine many deaths to Shaper or Guardians when you get the unlucky Despair/Temp. Chains roll.

Leveling is challenging. I used Firestorm for the longest time because Flameblast is pretty clunky without a lot of cast speed and AoE. Switched to Flameblast for now because I am finally getting some points into AoE!

Also: movement skills. I really dislike Lightning Warp, so I'm trying Shield Charge. The only problem with that is that the Dex for Faster Attacks needs to be geared for.

Welcome to the club! I haven't run into any particular problems with despair, and frankly, temp chains are barely noticeable. As for the Shaper and the Guardians, you have to be careful when fighting them anyway. The build may look tanky with up to ~8k EHP, but it doesn't have much in terms of defences, and you can feel it in high-tier fights. You don't want to get hit by any of the Shaper's attacks, or by the Minotaur's burrow attack, for example.

And as for the movement skill, Shield Charge or Leap Slam will be really slow even if you can manage the dex requirements for the Faster Attacks gem, because we aren't stacking attack speed anywhere else. We are, however, stacking A LOT of cast speed ;) So lightning warp seems to be the natural choice to me, although I'm not a particularly big fan of it, either.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jan 29, 2018, 3:29:36 PM
Hey guys, thanks for sharing your visions on this build.

I have followed them, equipped good gear and can tell that map clearing is one of the slowest within totem skills, even my ancestrial warchief doing map clearing faster and on top of that, kills bosses more safely and again, faster.

I am pretty sure that the only reason for upmentioned statement is the super slow cast speed of Flameblast.

Leaving PoB link so you have no doubts that my words are based on gamplay with the Flameblast and not my skills/gear failures - https://pastebin.com/LY1Kq4kn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info