▌3.0 ▌ In Case You're Wandering ♥ 3.8m to 9.5m Shaper ♥ Phys Wand ♥ Multiple Flavors

Just added an Uber izaro kill (4 man carry) video. If my internet wasn't potato I would of uploaded the whole run. Guardian and Shaper videos up next.
Hey, interesting build.
I have a few comments though.
To start, the budget version isn't even a phys wander, it's just a generic ele wander. Only 5k HP at level 100, with a Belly. Even the budget version isn't really budget. The Rat's Nest is 35ex, the Belly is 10ex, a mirrored GG legacy amulet, along with an essence crafted WED diamond ring, not to mention all the 21/20 gems. The 'budget' gear costs over 300ex. For a 300ex budget, you could make a much better ele wander with more DPS and more life.

You say that ele wanders are trash DPS, but that is only assuming you have a mirrored phys wand, along with mirrored or mirror worthy gear. Using your exact gear (except the wand) and almost the exact tree, but swapping in the current best ele wand in league, 5.417m DPS. Only 30k less than your build, with a wand that exists in league.
https://pastebin.com/smJLQmqE
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Last edited by Science on Sep 14, 2017, 10:03:56 AM
"
Desreien wrote:
Hey, interesting build.
I have a few comments though.
To start, the budget version isn't even a phys wander, it's just a generic ele wander. Only 5k HP at level 100, with a Belly. Even the budget version isn't really budget. The Rat's Nest is 35ex, the Belly is 10ex, a mirrored GG legacy amulet, along with an essence crafted WED diamond ring, not to mention all the 21/20 gems. The 'budget' gear costs over 300ex. For a 300ex budget, you could make a much better ele wander with more DPS and more life.

You say that ele wanders are trash DPS, but that is only assuming you have a mirrored phys wand, along with mirrored or mirror worthy gear. Using your exact gear (except the wand) and almost the exact tree, but swapping in the current best ele wand in league, 5.417m DPS. Only 30k less than your build, with a wand that exists in league.

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback.

There was definitely an oversight on the budget build I posted. I'm not sure what happened but it appears I saved over the budget build. I'll have to re-do it and post it later. I've removed the link for now.

In regards to the HP since it applies to all builds. You can face tank everything up to guardians and shaper. However guardians melt very quickly and it's easy to burn the shaper phases quickly as well. Unfortunately in those scenarios even another 1k hp isn't going to aid you in the event you're hit. If this is a concern of yours I have a tree that utilizes a 4l barrage with the new league items and allows you to use kaoms heart. You still get high 2m low 3m damage. This will go up once the items are merged into standard.

I guess generally speaking I meant that the ele guides are bad, not necessarily ele wands. I barely spent any time on this tree and reached decent damage. If I go gimmicky there are ways to grant all charges as well as other buffs that take the damage through the roof. My goal was just to get decent damage by only pressing one button during a boss fight.

Budget wise I play standard so my view may be skewed. However if you disregard the wand, the most expensive item is the chest. You can buy pretty mediocre filler gear stacking flat dmg, WED and most importantly, crit multi and still do loads of damage.
^ w/ <3
Nice damage, terrible defense, slow as fuck.
Last edited by NomadFX on Sep 15, 2017, 8:13:55 AM
Was looking through build, as i'm trying to build a phys. wander, that just refuses to come together.
DPS seems artificially inflated through Damage on Full Life (life character, not CI, not slayer) and checkboxes in config (intimidation?). High end version lacks INT to use imbued wand.
Else nice job, keep up the good work. Eagerly awaiting updates.
Last edited by nebel on Sep 15, 2017, 10:45:04 AM
"
NomadFX wrote:
Nice damage, terrible defense, slow as fuck.

You must have never seen a wander clear. There is a reason why no one wants to play with a wander in a party.

Instant leech is by far one of the best defense in the game, as long as you can survive hits. 5k is not the highest, but it's impressive for a wander. Look at any other wanders with a budget build (non lv100 tree). Doesn't even come close to 5k let alone having to rely on flasks to survive a longer fights. This build doesn't even have to rely on flasks due to VP. Flasks he has is really for more dmg and other utility, not for survival. And obviously you will need to dodge the one shot mechanics but who can't dodge those?
Last edited by 0rakel113 on Sep 15, 2017, 11:25:20 AM
"
nebel wrote:
Was looking through build, as i'm trying to build a phys. wander, that just refuses to come together.
DPS seems artificially inflated through Damage on Full Life (life character, not CI, not slayer) and checkboxes in config (intimidation?). High end version lacks INT to use imbued wand.

You can make up for the int loss from jewels. It's really not hard to find int. in rings either.
"
nebel wrote:

Hey mate, damage on full life is checked to calculate the support gem. You should always be at full life with your leech. Watch the izaro video for example. You only have fractions of a second when they hit before you're back at full.

Intimidation was checked because it's a 10% damage increase. When you use vinktar it doesn't actually shock shaper. It only gives you a 10% buff. This is why intimidation is checked and not "is enemy shocked". You'll see this error a lot when people try to calculate vinktar damage.

More info to come after Friday night football!
"
Desreien wrote:

Fact is, Ele dps is inferior to pure phys whether in scaling or just pure output. You mentioned 30K difference. I'm not sure if you have your builds doing dps in the millions, but 30K is a significant difference, which just proves my point of phys is better than ele. Take a non mirrored phys wand that has an equivalent or even slightly less Pdps than an ele dps. Phys will win and so even the cost difference proves why phys wand are more expensive than ele wand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info