What happened here?!

Saw the concept art on the supporter packs' armor and they look absolutely fantastic! However, why did GGG destroy all that when it comes to in-game?

These in-game looks are what stopping me from buying the packs (Oriath and Harbinger ones). Can GGG enhance on the looks? If that can be done Ill grab the biggest packs right away!! Pretty please?

The left: Concept art, the right: In-game @#$%$^$%$#

Last edited by ArmaniExchange on Sep 12, 2017, 12:58:38 PM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2017, 9:39:21 PM
rainbow art sell better than raw art.

2d art is awesome, 3d model is great for the polygoncount restriction. Those pink smoke/light effects around the armor is killing it but it sell so...
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 12, 2017, 12:27:03 PM
i ever thought we accidentally got the asian version of the beast supporter pack. now i know.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
IT NEEDS MORE VFX
100% agree. The concept art looks fucking amazing. The finished product... well, there's a reason that it is the supporter pack set I see basically NEVER used in town. It doesn't even make sense thematically. Look at the color palette in the Belly of the Beast and the Harvest. The colors in the concept art totally fit with that zone. The neon purple and pink eye fucking that we ended up with is just unusable. It also makes it very difficult to even discern any of the (now that I see the concept art) really amazing detail in the design. It is totally obscured under the neon pink and purple bullshit.
U MAD?
Needed more pink, purple, and cowbell...

...but yeah, fail.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Holy crap the concept art is amazing! I thought that armor set was just a glowing ugly mess, now I know it's a tragic glowing ugly mess. :(
Since you brought this up, I must admit I'd feel really interested in the Beast Supporter Pack if the in-game armour looked better.
As it is now, I don't like it a bit: as you people point out it's excessively gaudy and doesn't fit a bit the rest of Path of Exile (exception made for some scorpion pets and a couple of recent set, such as the Purple Necrotic Armour set and its complimentary MTX).

Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for our wallets) I imagine that GGG will not change its look, as many people have already purchased the supporter pack, and some might like it better as it is.
However, I wish they did something to polish this armour set because it could look really awesome.
/oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info