Another exile from Diablo 3 to the Path of Exile

Hi, long time D3 barbarian player here. I recently moved into PoE and loving it. Everything we could wish for a better ARPG is given in Path of Exile. I gave some money for a full stash space and for 1 armor skin in order to support GGG.

Amazing game, thank you very much.

It is also nice to leave very much toxic diablo community behind, current state of the community is far from being constructive (was a past forum veteran fighting to fix the barbarian class, but people's toxicity made me leave the whole thing aside).

Wishing to love my new home.

Regards

Prokahn
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 8:04:19 PM
Welcome to wraeclast, fellow exile!
It's always nice to see some new faces here. If you need any help with build ideas, boss mechanics or anything else, feel free to ask. Except for a few well known and generally accepted trolls there isn't really anything negative going on in the forum. The moderators are doing a VERY good job at that. In general, most people are willing to help, so you won't even have to wait too long for an answer.

Well then, good luck, have fun and happy looting out there!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Welcome to wraeclast, fellow exile!
It's always nice to see some new faces here. If you need any help with build ideas, boss mechanics or anything else, feel free to ask. Except for a few well known and generally accepted trolls there isn't really anything negative going on in the forum. The moderators are doing a VERY good job at that. In general, most people are willing to help, so you won't even have to wait too long for an answer.

Well then, good luck, have fun and happy looting out there!

+1
Welcome (over)board, Exile! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Hi

I have personally never seen anything bad at D3 forums (they were helpful when I was a n00b quite recently there).

But welcome aboard!
Censored.
Tossed ashore into foaming surf
It's the first of many Wreaclast nerfs;
But up you go and on your way
Hillock waits so don't delay;
Hack and slash or cast and run
Lioneye's Watch begins your fun.

EDIT:
Some arrived in twenty thirteen
One of those was BBQueen;
But you showed up for three point oh
And the ten act climb through what you do not know.

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Sep 12, 2017, 6:01:11 PM
LOL
Wish someone had written poetry to me when I was a n00b.
Censored.
Howdy!

Welcome to the asylum, friend.

It's interesting that you mention the community. I would describe the Path of Exile community as being given to extremes. A positive example is when GGG failed to deploy a patch for the... er... third time(?) and Reddit spammed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ until GGG succeeded a short time later. A negative was people losing the plot when the console port was announced.

The devs are better than most at communicating with the playerbase (see my Reddit link above), the community is passionate which can manifest in both good and bad ways, and the game's regularly updated although, as you've likely noticed, the MTX don't come cheap.

It's certainly a great ARPG, and if you get addicted into the game, you can easily have thousands of hours of fun. For the most part GGG is a very ethical company; I don't think you'll regret supporting them. Just stay away from the mystery boxes imo - they're borderline at best imo.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
LOL
Wish someone had written poetry to me when I was a n00b.
Fixed it for you.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Lol awesome posts. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just finished the 10 act in the harbinger league and got into the end game content with the Map Device. I immediately got 1 question:

1) Is it normal to get one shotted by the map boss or the big pile of Harbingers when we got into the end game content for the 1st time? Is this situation common?
I am still lacking the last two stages in the ascendancy. The third one is open, but the ascendancy boss hits much much harder now (my previous ascendancies were easy and passed at one go each time, but the third one is a pain).

2) Is all res worth sacrificing for more HP?
I tried to pile all the life nodes and only the big one near the centre is left to reach. Currently I have 3000 life, 5000 armor, 2500 evasion (with the evasion aura), 64%-75% all resists and 5-10% chaos resistance (the sheet values). I am aiming for the life nodes near the centre from now on, which I will be reaching in 4-5 levels. I guess I need at least 1000 more life at the current level. For more HP at the current level, I need to play around gem, necklace crafting, but this will lower my Fire-Cold and Lightning all res.

3) I did not have any issue with all the ascendancy up to the 2nd one, but the 3rd one's boss is easily one shotting me, not sure why I am even dying. I have used Ruthless gem and I wonder if the boss has reflect or something or the issue is the life or armor amount?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info