Need help coming up with a fun build

I need serious tips on any fun builds to play.. because I tried many and most builds are either boring or dead as to date. Need some fresh spirit to bring this game back to life again! Any ideas?

Things I tried:
- Frost blades
- Spectral Throw (Ele)
- Non-Crit Cycloner
- Cospri's CoC Discharge
- Blade Flurry
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2017, 3:44:00 PM
First of all, what do you consider fun?
Clear speed? If so, then I won't be able to help you.
Innovative, creative playstyles that don't give a damn about viability and only exist to bring something new into our everyday lives? In that case I DO have a few.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618065/page/1

funniest build i ever played.
Maybe a crit bow raider build? Focus on dodge evade and dance around enemies while dealing good damage. Been a while since I went proper bow but tornado shot is always a decent bet.
Last edited by ladish on Sep 11, 2017, 8:05:21 PM
Looking back, I'd say that contagion/essence drain was one of the more fun builds I've played.
How about an avatar of fire barrage build using emberwake to stack tons of ignites.

You could do that as a wander or bow build if you went bow you could start as a
marauder and use lioneye's jewel for the staff/bow nodes and signal fire quiver.
As a wander I would guess inquisitor could be a good start or maybe scion/witch for the
reflect damage reduction.
They have killed everything fun. Game today is lame AF. But face tanking Dark pack zerks are pretty nice and ranged deadeye barrage and some AE.
Git R Dun!
"
FCK42 wrote:
Innovative, creative playstyles that don't give a damn about viability and only exist to bring something new into our everyday lives? In that case I DO have a few.

Well I like to shatter things, and I like crit. And I like cyclone.

But all the cyclone builds I know is non-crit and require the Resolute Technique node to hit stuff. Unless it's a mirror gear build that let's you be crit, and the build can't cost 200+ ex.

Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Well I like to shatter things, and I like crit. And I like cyclone.

But all the cyclone builds I know is non-crit and require the Resolute Technique node to hit stuff. Unless it's a mirror gear build that let's you be crit, and the build can't cost 200+ ex.

Huh... shattering, crit and cyclone... there should be plenty of stuff that fits those three by using cospri's malice. Cyclone is a very nice delivery skill for it, it deals cold damage and you trigger spells socketed in it on crit. Lycosidae helps you not missing targets.

A different option: Debeon's Dirge, the new cold damage axe. Go raider, go cyclone, use ice bite and there you go, a decent, shattering cyclone build that deals almost exclusively cold damage.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
How about an avatar of fire barrage build using emberwake to stack tons of ignites.

You could do that as a wander or bow build if you went bow you could start as a
marauder and use lioneye's jewel for the staff/bow nodes and signal fire quiver.
As a wander I would guess inquisitor could be a good start or maybe scion/witch for the
reflect damage reduction.

Emberwake only gives +1 ignite now..

Shattering things is so satisfying. If you didn't like frost blades or cospris cyclone though...maybe mathils ice shot build with deaths opus?
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 13, 2017, 8:40:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info