One shot killed?

Ughhhh. I really hate starting over. I think I'll just run with this until I can get more regrets. Since I don't have too much issues with regular enemies I'll just grind and do the labrynth for now.

I'll take a look at the skill tree and see what I can do to get better health or spell resistance since that seems to be all I'm lacking.

I too had trouble with the cauldron fight on my spectral throw guy and he had about 2k hp.

Like you, I don't take pleasure in straight up copying builds from other people. I'd like to feel that my build is mostly my own creation where the results were inspired by my own creativity. But coming to a game this late means almost every conceivable build has already been nutted-out by the many veteran players and this leaves almost no room for originality, or at least not in the strict sense of the word.

That is what I consider a major flaw and a major blessing at the same time. The Passive system is beautifully complex and allows almost infinite creative freedom. But as time goes on, all these possibilities dry up and are exhausted.

Now if you want anything remotely viable, it is taken from the history pages of other players builds. That is not to say you cannot unintentionally re-create something, but it's going to be pretty much the same thing plus or minus a point here or there.

Unfortunately, you just have to suck it in and use a build that is incredibly efficient, otherwise you're not going to have much fun and accomplish far less, far slower than you would with a mainstream or cookie-cutter build.

Making your own build, especially as a newbie, is quite admirable, And to some extent it can be done, but probably not going to be all that different than the thousands of builds already documented.

It took me leveling two characters to 75 to realize as of this current meta, investing strongly into hp helps in pretty much any build, And I would say almost a necessity. Stack some Life, throw in a bit of dmg and things will glide along much smoother.

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
Ughhhh. I really hate starting over. I think I'll just run with this until I can get more regrets. Since I don't have too much issues with regular enemies I'll just grind and do the labrynth for now.

I'll take a look at the skill tree and see what I can do to get better health or spell resistance since that seems to be all I'm lacking.

You would do well to focus on getting your resists primarily from your worn equipment (including jewels if you choose), not the skill tree.

Don't take me wrong - if one is passing anywhere near some of the +to all elemental resistances, it can be a very good idea to pick them up to lessen the pressure for resistances on gear, and they mostly come bundled with very nice additional bonuses, but it is something to do in moderation, because it is normally easier to find sufficient resistances on gear (as all gear can have resistances) than finding the things one miss because of a focus on getting resistances from the tree.

I may not feel like that right at the moment if you've been struggling with resistances and wonder how you can make do without e.g. the three skill points spent on picking up 54% total resistance, but I'd much rather finish chapter 10 with resistances that aren't quite capped and strong life pool and decent damage than with capped resistances and lacking either of the two others.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Sep 15, 2017, 7:40:37 AM
So (little update) I have gotten alot stronger since I started this post my health is still low because I can't find any decent gear with a health mod that doesn't suck.

I have made it too act 10 and started the boss fight to kill Katina and what I don't understand is

1.) Why the fuck does it go from 2 areas of relatively easy to kill mobs to a boss fight that's completely impossible? Even my ice golem gets destroyed almost emediatly

2.) Why is it that both sin and the supposed "God of innocence" try to help me yet are as unless as used toilet paper? Honestly they do no damage at all and all the SHITTY mobs the guy spawns all go after me instead of these 2 clowns. It would be nice they could actually help.

3.) What the hell is evasion even a thing if it isn't worth worth a fuck in boss fights? Every boss fight I have done I get instantly killed because I can't evade the attacks and like I said KY health sucks atm. (EXCEPT for the labrynth guy. I evade some of his attacks)
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
So (little update)
1.) Why the fuck does it go from 2 areas of relatively easy to kill mobs to a boss fight that's completely impossible? Even my ice golem gets destroyed almost emediatly

2.) Why is it that both sin and the supposed "God of innocence" try to help me yet are as unless as used toilet paper? Honestly they do no damage at all and all the SHITTY mobs the guy spawns all go after me instead of these 2 clowns. It would be nice they could actually help.

3.) What the hell is evasion even a thing if it isn't worth worth a fuck in boss fights? Every boss fight I have done I get instantly killed because I can't evade the attacks and like I said KY health sucks atm. (EXCEPT for the labrynth guy. I evade some of his attacks)

1.) Kitava is end of storyline boss. GGG tends to overtune them for the first couple expansions. Expect it to get a little easier in December, then be cake when the next league starts.

2.) They are there for flavor, you still have to kill end boss.

3.) POE requires multiple layers of defense. What else are you using? Endurance charges? CWDT-IC? Fortify? Dodge? Block? High movespeed? Basalt/Jade/Granite Flasks? Resistance flasks? Arctic Armor?

How are you masters? Find good gear and see if you can craft life onto it.
Since I'm playing on xbox I can't show my character but I can tell you my stats

Life: 2,008

Mana: 923

ES: 429

Armour: 36

Evasion 9,023

Resistances:

Fire: %57

Cold: %76

Lightning: %59

Chaos: %5

Main skill is wild strike and does 18,567 DPS

I currently have only 3 uniques on (except for my weapons)

I have the Dolores scorn circlet. (I wanted a diffrent head piece but the one I want is too expensive)

I got Harris ire chest piece wich is really good gives me 2k evasion %10 chance to dodge both attacks and spell damage plus 60-71 added cold damage.

And lastly I got the Thunder fist murder gauntlets. Only reason I got those is because it diddnt really decrease my stats by much and gave me a added the 7k dps.

Also I have taken 7 or 8 respect points and put them into health but
I think I'm just going to start a new character. An evasion build is just not cutting it. If evasion worked for more then just physical attacks it would be diffrent but with now way for me to evade those kind of attacks and taking full damage from them just makes my build shit
The main problem is that you got really low life and not capped fire/light resist (chaos isn´t a big issue here).

You would make screenshot of your gear/tree. I can only recommend you to use path of building planner which is really great and will learn you a lot about how things works etc.

Evasion works fine vs attacks but won´t save you vs one shots. It´s just only one layer of defense and you need more things to survive in PoE.

Do you play SSF or are you able to trade (dno about trading on XboX) but you should be able to craft some useful items by yourself.
Do you have hideout and your masters leveled? It´s quite easy to take 4 link white item (high base from act 9/10) and use level 4/5 essence with either resist or life and craft the remaining byusing crafting bench.

Bcos of I can´t see your tree/items I can only imagine you put lots of points into damage and evasion which is not a good idea. You need to create "balanced" character (good mix of defense and offense).

What level is your character? You should have at least 150% life from the tree and most of your items should have decent life roll with some resist.
Do you really need all your unique items? You should wear only unique that fit your build and can´t be replaced by good rare item.
Honestly health is my only issue (besides no damage reduction past evasion)

And other then my chest piece and the 1 unique sword I have I don't really need the other uniques I got. But when I equipped them they where no worse then the gear I had. Even the helmet had a better life roll then anything I could find without slashing my offense. And I have been refunding points to put into health but it's not really working. I'd have to have at least 4k health to survive attacks enough to get out and heal. Right now I get hit once by almost anything and I either have a sliver of health with little time to heal or I get instantly killed. It's just as much my fault for not having the fore knowledge of how weak an evasion build would be as it is the games fault for having evasion be unbalanced
Also I have been trying to get a good ring or amulet to compensate for my resistances but everytime I craft one it's worse then what I got soooooo.

Also I don't know jack about the masters and crafting. The game never even told me what to buy to get the crafting options, in fact I found the crafting tombstones by accident think it was just a regular hide out decoration lol and looking at it everything was really expensive and never bothered to really look into it.

And as far as my skill tree it's a mess and I'm trying to fix it haha.
May want to spend some time here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Also this can help with build planning: https://poeplanner.com/

There might be better resources, but these will get you started.

Main problem I see is you only have evasion. In a fight like Kitava with no room and high mob density, you are going to get hit, and everything hits hard. You need other forms of defense like fortify, CWDT-IC, decoy totem, etc. All depends on what you are playing.

Also, evasion doesn't help against the DoT ground effects, which are super damaging fire(possibly chaos). If you can't max resists you will definitely need to use flasks. Also move speed or movement skill to get you out of them as quick as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info