One shot killed?

Anyone know what I have to do to so my character stops getting one shot killed by boss spells? I just fought the sewer boss from act 8 and I died like 10 times in 1 minute from his stupid ass period explosions.

I don't understand either because 75% and better resistance for everything but chaos (wich is -19% somehow) and yet everything that isn't melee fucks me up especially bosses with elemental attacks. What characters doing do I need to please to get the gear I need to be less squishy? I want to know.

Thanks for the help
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2017, 4:20:10 AM
A lot of the bosses have abilities which are telegraphed that you are meant to avoid. It's going to be difficult to get gear good enough to let you ignore those dangerous abilities while you're at a level where the content is relevant to your character; and that shouldn't be how you seek to get past them. Having more challenging, mechanics-based bosses instead of facing the brainless Vaal Oversoul three times was part of the point of GGG adding the six new acts.

Maybe check out YouTube to watch someone else play through the fights so you can see how other people approach it, and which attacks / spells they get out of the way of.

Make sure you've enough life, too.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
That attack isn't telegraphed well so it's harder to avoid but it also isn't lethal if you have a decent life pool.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
You may already know this, but during that boss fight you accumulate curse stacks. You can get rid of them by clicking the valve. If you have 5 stacks of vulnerability, you will take a lot more damage than you would otherwise.

If you are already doing this, then you need to make dodging her attacks easier for yourself. Make sure you have a quicksilver flask, boots with move speed and a movement skill with faster attacks/casting support.
The boss diddnt even have to attack me for me to die almost instantly. Those stupid blood bubbles that explode pretty much killed me in 2 or 3 hits so trying to get to the valve would have been pointless.

And if those were not the thing that was killing me I'm not sure what was because I only lasted a few seconds after I died the first time.
Ok so do my stats even matter when it comes to boss fights? I just got past the Solaris and lunaris boss fight and every attack they did pretty much instantly killed me.

I had close to 7k evasion and all of my resistances besides chaos was 75% (100%) or better so I don't understand how every attack from 90% of bosses wipes me out when I have the best gear I can find.
Oh and after dying 20 times all I got for that fight was a bunch of gear that was worse then mine and a useless unique that no one will ever buy
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
Oh and after dying 20 times all I got for that fight was a bunch of gear that was worse then mine and a useless unique that no one will ever buy
Welcome to PoE.

Also, evasion and ES are bad for leveling. Armour could help if you really go into it, and life is the king.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
Ok so do my stats even matter when it comes to boss fights? I just got past the Solaris and lunaris boss fight and every attack they did pretty much instantly killed me.

I had close to 7k evasion and all of my resistances besides chaos was 75% (100%) or better so I don't understand how every attack from 90% of bosses wipes me out when I have the best gear I can find.

There's your problem. Evasion is a dice roll, you either evade the attack and are fine or get hit and die because you have weak mitigation (in the case of phys attacks) or don't have a high enough life pool (in the case of elemental). If you're playing an evasion build you need high life and VP or be prepared to spend a lot of time staring at a respawn prompt.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
If you're playing an evasion build you need high life and VP or be prepared to spend a lot of time staring at a respawn prompt.

I agree on the part about life, but VP a necessity in act 8? Seriously? ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info