[3.3] MF Windripper Deadeye | TS and Barrage | PoB Link

"
DrRuler wrote:
Hey guys, I am new to the build, just hit 77 and finished Uber Lab with a friend. I'm having trouble clearing anything fast, my damage output on rares and bosses feels abysmal after T5, I'm sure it's a combination of the budget I have and my non-20 gems, but I just want to do a quick checkup with someone who could look my character over and tell me if I'm doing anything else horribly wrong.

I'm fixing the flasks today (still not going to have Dying Sun though due to my current micro-budget) now that I finally bought my WR. I'm also aware my helm enchant is for LA not TS, I just swapped over when I got off The Tempest.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DrRuler/characters/QueenOfTheRegerts

Thanks for any help you can give.

One thing you can do is drop one of your life flasks and pick up an atziri flask for like 1c. Its quite a bit of damage because it will be adding 10-15% of your elemental damage as more chaos damage. Thats a cheap easy fix until you can pick up a dying sun, you can also try out a wise oak but balancing resistances is cancer.

Not sure if you are playing hardcore or not but if you feel safe you can spec out of phase acro and the 3 nodes leading up to it till later on.

I see you are going for forces of nature which is good. Grab that, and next you should be getting Assasination up top, and trickery down into blood siphon. That is a lot of damage that you are missing out on.

You don't need primal spirit unless you need the int or strength, Druidic Rite is slightly better. Same flask charges and mana but you get + flask duration.

Your biggest damage increase right now will be dropping 1 life flask for Atziris, and also you are just missing out on levels :P more points is more damage.

Outside of that you need to pick up dying sun, lioneyes fall gives a ton of leach and crit multi.

Also you have to keep in mind you really only have your Tornado shot linked with 2 things that actually increase damage. Mirage archer helps clear speed a bit but if you swap that out with something else you may be 1 shotting packs anyway, and obviously GMP is mandatory but that 6l will be a big damage increase.

I have never played with Hyrri's but it is probably okay. I prefer to buy a 80 ilvl+ shaper quiver and alt spam till +1 arrow and go from there.

Hope this helps some! You can also try and swap it up and drop GMP and Tornado shot and throw in Rain of Arrows till you get a 6l. I did that and it seemed to be faster at lower gear levels :) hope some of this helps. In short you just need more gear and levels :P
"
Garrotte56 wrote:
"
DrRuler wrote:
Hey guys, I am new to the build, just hit 77 and finished Uber Lab with a friend. I'm having trouble clearing anything fast, my damage output on rares and bosses feels abysmal after T5, I'm sure it's a combination of the budget I have and my non-20 gems, but I just want to do a quick checkup with someone who could look my character over and tell me if I'm doing anything else horribly wrong.

I'm fixing the flasks today (still not going to have Dying Sun though due to my current micro-budget) now that I finally bought my WR. I'm also aware my helm enchant is for LA not TS, I just swapped over when I got off The Tempest.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DrRuler/characters/QueenOfTheRegerts

Thanks for any help you can give.

One thing you can do is drop one of your life flasks and pick up an atziri flask for like 1c. Its quite a bit of damage because it will be adding 10-15% of your elemental damage as more chaos damage. Thats a cheap easy fix until you can pick up a dying sun, you can also try out a wise oak but balancing resistances is cancer.

Not sure if you are playing hardcore or not but if you feel safe you can spec out of phase acro and the 3 nodes leading up to it till later on.

I see you are going for forces of nature which is good. Grab that, and next you should be getting Assasination up top, and trickery down into blood siphon. That is a lot of damage that you are missing out on.

You don't need primal spirit unless you need the int or strength, Druidic Rite is slightly better. Same flask charges and mana but you get + flask duration.

Your biggest damage increase right now will be dropping 1 life flask for Atziris, and also you are just missing out on levels :P more points is more damage.

Outside of that you need to pick up dying sun, lioneyes fall gives a ton of leach and crit multi.

Also you have to keep in mind you really only have your Tornado shot linked with 2 things that actually increase damage. Mirage archer helps clear speed a bit but if you swap that out with something else you may be 1 shotting packs anyway, and obviously GMP is mandatory but that 6l will be a big damage increase.

I have never played with Hyrri's but it is probably okay. I prefer to buy a 80 ilvl+ shaper quiver and alt spam till +1 arrow and go from there.

Hope this helps some! You can also try and swap it up and drop GMP and Tornado shot and throw in Rain of Arrows till you get a 6l. I did that and it seemed to be faster at lower gear levels :) hope some of this helps. In short you just need more gear and levels :P

What are your thoughts on Deadeye vs Raider ascendancy? Raider with that many frenzies and constant uptime makes me think damage would be higher and that the movespeed would be faster?
"
What are your thoughts on Deadeye vs Raider ascendancy? Raider with that many frenzies and constant uptime makes me think damage would be higher and that the movespeed would be faster?

I personally haven't played raider since harbinger league, and I wasn't playing MF or WR on it. But I have seen a few people switch over to Raider with higher end gear (+2 helm, Rigwalds corrupted, high end jewels)

The 100% onslaught is crazy for movement speed and the frenzy charges are really nice. Ice bite may be BiS with +7 frenzies. I have thought about trying it but I just haven't yet.

With Deadeye the appeal is extra evasion for more movespeed, tailwind, and farshot helps cancel out the effect of pointblank. Endless munitions is crazy good for early league when you don't have a dying sun. And obviously chain and pierce are amazing too.

Playing raider just feels so good with the onslaught I have to say though. I think playing raider is best with a aura bot/ higher end gear. When my friend gets back on his aura bot I am gonna mess around and try it
Awesome post. Thank you very much.
Thanks a lot Matt_Senpai for this build, i'm having a looot of fun in Incursion with it :)

1 Question though, finally managed to buy Rigwald's Quills (48% projectile dps), once i bought it my girlfriend pushed me to vaal my old quiver, now i dont know which one is better, need your advice :)

Which one is better ? thanks for your help
Hey, Im trying out this build right now
but I have some questions:

1) Why take Point Blank? Doesn't that make our damage lower? Because so far I'm just attacking with a considerable distance from mobs

2) In the build you tell us to use Storm Cloud if we don't have a Windripper. Is Storm Cloud the best option? Because I have it and I'm playing SSF so I don't know if it's gonna hold until (if) I can get a Windripper. I also don't have a Rigwald's Quill, just a Hyrri's Demise, so Storm Cloud+Hyrri's until endgame is ok or should I just reroll to another build for now?

Sorry about all the questions, have not played any bow or evasion build for a long time
when the game calculates skill dps (in this case TS) does the order the gems are placed matter?

my 6L QotF is R > G > G > G > G > G and my 5L Windripper is B > G > R > G > G

does the colour order/gem order actually matter at all?
accidental double post
Last edited by nymzeepoe on Jun 23, 2018, 10:54:36 AM
"
nymzeepoe wrote:
when the game calculates skill dps (in this case TS) does the order the gems are placed matter?

my 6L QotF is R > G > G > G > G > G and my 5L Windripper is B > G > R > G > G

does the colour order/gem order actually matter at all?

No only that they're linked. Otherwise there's no different. If you highlight the Gem you can see what it's supporting or what is supporting it.
"
fmagesty wrote:
Hey, Im trying out this build right now
but I have some questions:

1) Why take Point Blank? Doesn't that make our damage lower? Because so far I'm just attacking with a considerable distance from mobs

2) In the build you tell us to use Storm Cloud if we don't have a Windripper. Is Storm Cloud the best option? Because I have it and I'm playing SSF so I don't know if it's gonna hold until (if) I can get a Windripper. I also don't have a Rigwald's Quill, just a Hyrri's Demise, so Storm Cloud+Hyrri's until endgame is ok or should I just reroll to another build for now?

Sorry about all the questions, have not played any bow or evasion build for a long time

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely confident in my ability to answer your questions -- I'm pretty new to this and bow builds as well. However, I think I'm a little bit further along than you in the process, so I have some guesses.

1. Deadeye has Far Shot, which increases projectile speed and makes them deal more damage the further they travel. This helps mitigate some of the dropoff from Point Blank. In addition, the source of the projectiles is wherever your Tornado Shot is and so you have some flexibility with moving that +50% PB damage around the screen. Your PB has more reach than if you were, say, using Lightning Arrow and the PB boost were limited to being within short range of your actual character. I don't have precise math to back me up, but I suspect that all in all, the Point Blank/Far Shot/Tornado Shot combo is a significant net positive boost to damage over just TS on its own.

2. I'd recommend upgrading from Storm Cloud to The Tempest. You can do this via a prophecy, which IIRC requires you to return to Act 2 and kill Fidelitas again. If you can get the prophecy, totally worth it. The Tempest carried me to blood aqua and level 66 without a hitch.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by kyshale on Jun 23, 2018, 4:10:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info