Severe loss in performance from popup overlays

Not sure why this exactly happening, but any "popups" that overlay the screen when the game is in windowed mode severely kills the games FPS+performance.

For example, notification that someone has logged on Steam/Skype and the little notification window pops above the game. It's only there for a few seconds.

This isn't happening for any other game....ideas?
"
sanddemon wrote:
Not sure why this exactly happening, but any "popups" that overlay the screen when the game is in windowed mode severely kills the games FPS+performance.

For example, notification that someone has logged on Steam/Skype and the little notification window pops above the game. It's only there for a few seconds.

This isn't happening for any other game....ideas?

This is a common issue for a lot of windowed games.

The error is in the windows configuration. Not the game itself. I first experienced it in WoW, window mode.

First result on google:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/gametechnologiesgeneral/thread/f2d305f5-cd46-48ca-bf3c-2544902dc365/
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I'll give this a try but no other game has this issue.... Diablo3, SC2, Dota2, WoW, EVE, etc.... it seems like the fault is in PoE's court, even though I can technically get around it with this change (maybe, try it later today).
Nope, didn't fix it.
Would you be able to mail me your dxdiag? I'll pass it on to our tech guys, see if they can spot something interfering with it, cos it doesn't seem to be happening for me.
Balance & Design
Emailed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info