Equifax and their security breach that happened months ago

But they only reported it now.

Yep, I'm one of the people affected according to their records.

Looks like some of them have been selling the stock short in the lead up to the public announcement. I hope the SEC pays them a visit.

Maybe they even sold the information? Just a thought.

You think the government will investigate? I don't. Or by the time they do it will be old news.
Censored.
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2017, 6:08:06 AM
It appears that some of their execs sold stock before reporting the breech. Nice. ='[.]'=

ETA: I would dearly love to know how a private company has access to such sensitive information as the SSNs, birthdates, DLNs, and such of pretty much the adult population of the US. I know I never authorized them to have any of mine. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Sep 9, 2017, 11:06:40 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I would dearly love to know how a private company has access to such sensitive information as the SSNs, birthdates, DLNs, and such of pretty much the adult population of the US. I know I never authorized them to have any of mine. =>[.]<=
Yeah, right. Who just agrees to something they don't read?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Thats nothing didnt you hear about .gov leaking all the SF-86s under Obama. That has everything. Names addresses secret lovers, drugs done, teacher and neighbor interviews, physiological profiles, IQ tests, lie detector tests, etc for every govt employees past and present requiring an SF-86. Like 4 million. My dad was under that leak. He's a lineman now for power company nowadays but did time in sensitive zones on the down low with army ranger for 10 years. He;s a little worried. Just think they know every CIA officer and his whole family.

Guess this is to be expected with all info digitized.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 10, 2017, 2:18:04 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I would dearly love to know how a private company has access to such sensitive information as the SSNs, birthdates, DLNs, and such of pretty much the adult population of the US. I know I never authorized them to have any of mine. =>[.]<=
Yeah, right. Who just agrees to something they don't read?

So, you're implying that my one credit card company disclosed upon my application that they would be sharing my SSN, DLN, and other particulars with an independent credit rating agency? Yeah, I must've missed that part. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The credit business in America is all about sharing data and has been for many decades. On the plus side it enables greater access to credit for consumers and a quicker turn around for approval. On the negative side....the equifax hack. To avoid such things all you have to do is give up using banks and CCs or getting any kind of loan. Going cash only in today's economy is tough to do.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
The credit business in America is all about sharing data and has been for many decades. On the plus side it enables greater access to credit for consumers and a quicker turn around for approval. On the negative side....the equifax hack. To avoid such things all you have to do is give up using banks and CCs or getting any kind of loan. Going cash only in today's economy is tough to do.

Going cash only is practically criminal. =>[.]<=
I've often thought about selling everything and moving to Yukon territory and gold mining. Just bring my small gate backhoe, F350 4x4 with air lockers, 500 gallons of diesel, provisions and a utility dog(alarm for bears). Totally off grid. No electricity even let alone cell phone or ratings agencies. Sadly I have a young family and cant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmQB38aT5U&t=181s

"I was born in a welfare state
Ruled by bureaucracy
Controlled by civil servants
And people dressed in gray
Got no privacy got no liberty
Cause the twentieth century people
Took it all away from me"

Just replace 20th for 21st lol
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 11, 2017, 12:41:04 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

"I was born in a welfare state

You would be lucky to live in a welfare state instead of the work for peanuts or die state in which the low man has less than zero say.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
When you went to do the check didn't you have to agree to something?
Which i heard also included a clause to not join any class action lawsuit (or so i hear)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info