Bosses ruin the game for me personally. ( XBOX )

My character is only 68 but my resistances are maxed ( not going past %75 ? ) I have more health then ten men, I am using a mace and shield with high block chance with life steal and these bosses are just plain stupid to fight against. Do you hate melee GGG?, I'm serious. do you ? It seems like it, two things that are anti melee it seems, bosses and those stupid green spirits that run away everytime you hit them, not to mention the mobs that run away too. I regret rolling a melee class %100 !!

Now lets talk about the bosses, sure its clear you spent a lot of time designing them, they sure do look cool with cool phases and what not but the difficulty spike is beyond unnecessary, I am 8 levels higher then the Sun and Moon bosses yet I died not once, not 3 times but 23 times because the damage they do is off the charts even with my gear and stats. Its bullshit ,totally bullshit !! I lost all my experience leading up to the next level because of this shit, I couldn't even get a hit in as melee because when I got close I would get destroyed no matter what, that fight took me almost 25 minutes to finish. I'm sorry this is not good game design. To make things worse bosses for the amount of work they require don't drop ANYTHING AT ALL! , a few shitty blues and maybe a yellow item maybe two at most. I am so pissed off right now I don't even want to play again, the thought of logging in and going back at it fills me with dread and that breaks my heart.

I've been waiting to play this game for a long time but if this is how end game is going to be forget about it. I'm not new to these kinds of games, I know how they work and my character is pretty tough but bosses, its like I have no gear at all, that is not a good thing. Its really no wonder why 9 out of 10 PoE videos I watch the person is playing some kind of range bow class because melee doesn't stand a chance it seems. I'm not here to run the game down ,I do like it a lot but this kind of thing really makes me not want to play, whats the point of gear if it doesn't seem to make one bit of difference when fighting a boss. I know they are suppose to be hard, I get that but something is wrong here, this doesn't feel right to me, I have a survivabilty based shield tank and it feels like I am playing some flimsy paper clothed rogue.

Oh , one more thing, where in Hel's nipples are my pants? I've slain gods, and countless men and monsters yet I still look like I got caught cheating on my wife. THE HELL!
Psalms of Moribund
Last edited by ghstbr on Sep 6, 2017, 5:52:50 PM
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 4:33:09 PM
I cant tell if this thread is serous or not.

Melee is extremely strong, Melee isnt the problem. The build / playstyle you are using is.
"

Melee is extremely strong, Melee isnt the problem. The build / playstyle you are using is.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about, all you did was come here and say "you're wrong" Can you do better or is that all you got ?
Psalms of Moribund
Nah i read it, Just you moaning about how you dont know how to play the game and you think the loot is shit.

Just another thread of someone who has play time of under 100 hours and thinks they know how the game should have been made.

/thread
*EDIT*
Psalms of Moribund
Last edited by ghstbr on Sep 6, 2017, 7:33:09 PM
Maybe you can actually post your build/gear so experienced players can tell you where you went wrong because I'm pretty sure a melee lifesteal build is the easiest thing to lvl with currently.
I would love to, but im on XBOX so it would take ages to post every relevant detail unfortunately :( The best I can do is ...

lvl 68 Maruader, mace and Shield, all health and defense nodes along with a few dps ones like the far left mace tree. All resists are at %75 ( %130 ) Chaos resist is at %30. Health is over 5k and armor is sitting at 7k. Again I would love to post everything but surely you can understand how hard that would be on console since we have no detailed tab we can share.

Again , only bosses give me a problem, I literally faceroll through everything else and I mean FACEROLL, its not me or my build I am certain of it. I am not even really asking for help so much as just venting and seeing if anyone else feels the same way about bosses.
Psalms of Moribund
Last edited by ghstbr on Sep 6, 2017, 7:31:45 PM
"
ecruz26 wrote:
Maybe you can actually post your build/gear so experienced players can tell you where you went wrong because I'm pretty sure a melee lifesteal build is the easiest thing to lvl with currently.

This. I just played through the entire story and started maps with my Reave Gladiator who has been equipped in trash gear the entire time and have had no problems with any of the content (and it only has .40% lifesteal) so if someone is having issues then it's 100% on them.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
ghstbr wrote:
I would love to, but im on XBOX so it would take ages to post every relevant detail unfortunately :( The best I can do is ...

lvl 68 Maruader, mace and Shield, all health and defense nodes along with a few dps ones like the far left mace tree. All resists are at %75 ( %130 ) Chaos resist is at %30. Health is over 5k and armor is sitting at 7k. Again I would love to post everything but surely you can understand how hard that would be on console since we have no detailed tab we can share.

Again , only bosses give me a problem, I literally faceroll through everything else and I mean FACEROLL, its not me or my build I am certain of it. I am not even really asking for help so much as just venting and seeing if anyone else feels the same way about bosses.

I believe you can at least use the skill tree on the site and link a custom one thats the same as your maruader other than that I think its your outlook on boss's they arnt meant to be facerolled/facetanked (of course a vaal pact'd melee build can do this I believe) I play a energy shield based witch and only died 1-2 times during boss fights. I've found that mobility helps quite a bit.
"
ghstbr wrote:
"

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about, all you did was come here and say "you're wrong" Can you do better or is that all you got ?

If he is wrong then why don't you prove it somehow. I run a melee build on xbox and I am doing just fine. If your resists are maxxed, your health is high and your block chance is decent then I really don't know why you are dying. You should be able to avoid enough damage to finish any boss in the story line.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info