Harbinger League Statistics

Let me help you get to the true reason behind those stats.

"
Ancestral Warchief, which provides a strong DPS boost as well as another body to draw the attention of foes, is unilaterally the most popular non-utility skill. This makes sense in the context of a melee-driven meta (note the popularity of both Cyclone and Sunder) as an affordable and reliable way to add a little damage and range to your melee build.

If you're using any melee physical build, you're almost forced to use this. There's a very big problem in terms of damage for melee once you get to tier 15, unless you have very, very good weapons(think about investing 200c+ for 5~10% upgrades at this point, and each upgrade thereafter is going to cost at least double and give less than half in terms of damage gain). Going crit is cheaper, lol.

"
Righteous Fire is extremely popular in both Standard and Hardcore trade-enabled leagues. It's worth noting that, although Rise of the Phoenix isn't one of the top items in Standard Harbinger, Righteous Fire is approximately as popular as it is in the Hardcore variant anyway.

You do realize that you don't have to use Rise of the Phoenix to play RF, right?

"
Despite Fight For Survival's popularity in Standard Harbinger, Frost Blades isn't one of the top-used skills. Neither is Frostbolt, despite Frozen Trail taking a spot in almost every other list.

Ah, the complete misunderstanding of statistics you're looking at, classic. Those two jewels in particular enable said skills to be playable. You have no choice but to use them. Their popularity only highlights the underlying issue of band-aid fixing badly designed skills which can be enjoyable if only because they are different.

"
This indicates that the most popular high-level builds at the moment don't require specific unique items to function. We see similar patterns early in almost every league, though it is unusual for these early-league builds to be melee-oriented.

Well, it's not like ES changes had something to do with that... Because, you know, spell damage nodes are surrounded by ES nodes... Which are pretty garbage unless you basically have double T1 ES rolls on your gear. Compared to just putting on Kaom's Roots and having 7~8k life, lol.

P.S. I mean no ill intent, I love this game and I see it for what it can be, not what it currently is. There are so many things that can be better, can be improved, can still be fixed from past mistakes. I just don't want to wait another 18~24 months for something which once was nerfed into the ground and forgotten to at least be playable again. No one has access to fully mirrored gear to fight "test dummies" in temporary leagues.
Last edited by this_name_already_exists on Sep 6, 2017, 5:34:55 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Of course META stands for Most Effective Technique Available so I'd expect it to be an easier go. There are many metas though and some you may discover on your own. Thats petty fun.

I'd always just assumed it was the literal meaning of the word (prefix) meta, and short for metagame/metagaming.

First time I've heard it used as an acronym, am I just getting old? lol
mh... data is beautiful! but the questions are, how many lvl 95+ are not playing costantly beachhead? that's the read question!!!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
thanks for increasing the prices for average players by telling us the popularity of unique you just increased their prices. would appreciate it if you keep the stats to yourself.
Last edited by Saladin2 on Sep 6, 2017, 5:48:16 AM
Nice to see myself among those <1% ppl who already have the 40/40.

Breach boss splinters are all about RNG. I had that completed by myself with some serious luck. Got the 50 splinters even before reaching red maps(and therefor obviously zana 8), so that should not be a big problem. Bosses come easy with the double and triple boss maps,especially since ppl are seemingly shape i.e. racecourse nowadays.
The only pain in the ass is the end game grind. Guardians are easy to get,beachead boss obviously the other choice but no one is gonna do 200 pale court bosses as prophecies are a big pain to do all the time. So you either do 100 atziri runs which is a money burner as ther income is nowhere near to the cost you have to pay for the 100 sets. I've got 5 sceptres and 2 full uber sets from 100 runs vs the ~450c i had to spend for the sets so i lost like a good ~250c and still haven't sold like 50 flasks and 15 belts.
Alternatively of course you can do the 100 uber labs, which is very well profitable, you can make a mass amount of currency out of it but running the lab is too boring for me and you better make a build around it that can quickly run it with gathering all the keys so you have the $$$$ profit in the end, obviously those guys who rushed early league and did the uber lab carry srvice made huge money out of it and the challange as well.
All in all, it is a great league in my opinion and challanges are easy to come by but the 40th.
Last edited by mmmonszter on Sep 6, 2017, 5:50:30 AM
At 23 now but still 2 easy challenges to complete and i can join the 5% group. Lvl 20 gem and lvl 90 just need time and nothing more ☺️
Yey! I'm on the 5% that still around, despite that this is my first league & I just played this game since last month. Aiming for the 36 challenge, but I doubt that I can reach that, since the only challenges left for me where base on large amount of RNG & grind. As time goes by, I feel less & less to play, because of those RNG road blocks & less reward.

I also wish they put the stats of what percentage of the entire POE player base played/joined the Harbinger league. And a separate chart for number of achievements reached by SFF in this league.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Please GGG, can we get the numbers for 40, too?
can't believe those that completed 36 challenges are less than .5%
I'm at 36 challenges and honestly this league challenges are quite easy compared to the past leagues, I'm surprised to be in the top 1%. o.O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info