That Hurricane Irma

This hurricane is right back to cat 4 after being cat 3 for nearly 12 hours. It is also moving very very slowly and being such a fat hurricane, I will be feeling it for the rest of the night and possibly until Monday morning. Good thing is that it is slowly moving away from Florida, but if it decides to head into the Gulf of Mexico, oh boy, it will get back to cat 5 hurricane somehow and be a very messy hurricane if touches down land somewhere else.

Overall, this hurricane has been one very massive troll. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Two hottest years back to back on record cat 5 everywhere, half great barrier reef dead in last 20 years, ppl better wake up quick

Only human would be stupid enough to pump billions of years accumulated carbon and methane into the atmosphere in less than 200 years and it have no effect.

That guy doesn't believe you. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 10, 2017, 7:08:40 AM
I was not able to sleep last night since as early as 4AM EST, the wind picked up a lot, pretty much pounding on the window and my room vibrating once in a while. It has been like since then and Irma is about to touch Naples soon.

So much rain and wind, especially when the gusts are going over 90mph easily every few minutes. Going to be like this for the entire day. I am lucky I have not completely lost power yet, but I am getting a bit of flickering.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hi,

had to think about you every once in a while since you opened this thread. All the best. If we don´t hear from you for a while, you probably lost electricity. Just say hello when it is over.

Maybe it is a good idea to stay in those rooms, where flying branches cannot enter through a window, like the "off wind" (?) side of the house. I know you protected them, but still.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Sep 10, 2017, 2:05:59 PM
"
Hi,

had to think about you every once in a while since you opened this thread. All the best. If we don´t hear from you for a while, you probably lost electricity. Just say hello when it is over.

Maybe it is a good idea to stay in those rooms, where flying branches cannot enter through a window, like the "off wind" (?) side of the house. I know you protected them, but still.

Well, both the rain and wind have calmed down a lot now compare to how it was early this morning and even past noon.

To be honest, I was not expecting the hurricane to start raining a lot yesterday at noon and in the afternoon, so I was not able to finish up placing the shutters on the linedoor (I have a habit of saying window, but it is really the linedoor).

Sorry for the late response since I was really tired and the storm calmed down enough that I was able to take a long nap.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Looking like Irma is a nothing burger of an apocalypse MSM news was pimping - Don't worry when this one is done, we will have a new one tomorrow.

I'm sure Korea is about to nuke me at any second.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 11, 2017, 12:52:02 AM
So yea, Hurricane Irma left so much mess down here. So many trees (all shapes and sizes) pretty much on the ground and damaged a lot of things in their way. Luckily, most of them fell away from the houses, so less structual damage.

It did not help that some of these trees caused a lot of dead ends, so the usual routes to go to the supermarkets are blocked off by........trees. Took time to get in and out because of traffic and again.....trees in the way. The county officials are already removing a lot of stuff while the law enforcements are acting as street lights in some of the areas that have no street lights working properly. The ones do not have street lights working and no law enforcments enforcing, we pretty much have to treat that section like the red stop sign.

Of course, being that this is Miami, there will be plenty of a-holes around to make your day feel a bit more stressful on the street.

With the curfew still in effect, the few supermarkets that were open today just closed recently and was able to get food for this week.

- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
So yea, Hurricane Irma left so much mess down here. So many trees (all shapes and sizes) pretty much on the ground and damaged a lot of things in their way. Luckily, most of them fell away from the houses, so less structual damage.

It did not help that some of these trees caused a lot of dead ends, so the usual routes to go to the supermarkets are blocked off by........trees. Took time to get in and out because of traffic and again.....trees in the way. The county officials are already removing a lot of stuff while the law enforcements are acting as street lights in some of the areas that have no street lights working properly. The ones do not have street lights working and no law enforcments enforcing, we pretty much have to treat that section like the red stop sign.

Of course, being that this is Miami, there will be plenty of a-holes around to make your day feel a bit more stressful on the street.

With the curfew still in effect, the few supermarkets that were open today just closed recently and was able to get food for this week.

Seems like you had at least some luck then. I hope it gets better for you and all the others soon, though it could get messy again with Jose on his way... let's just hope that he won't get as big as his predecessors...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Seems like you had at least some luck then. I hope it gets better for you and all the others soon, though it could get messy again with Jose on his way... let's just hope that he won't get as big as his predecessors...

I am really lucky of not having to deal with power outage. One of my friends has had a power outage since Sunday morning (specifically at 7am EST when Irma started peaking with very strong gust winds and heavy rain) and still waiting for the electricity to come back.

I hope Jose does not come this way since it would just get stronger again before blasting us another day of heavy rain and wind. -_-
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info