That Hurricane Irma

Last update has winds already at 185mph and pressure at 926mb. It will lose some strength before hitting South Florida in the weekend. It will still make an impact down here at 145mph, but can strengthen again if it happens to go in between Cuba and the Keys. Just imagining it getting back to category 5 hurricane before striking here sends me a bit of chills.

Still, a good portion of the Greater Antilles (even the Lesser Antilles is already feeling it) will face the full fury of it and that really sucks. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 5, 2017, 8:21:41 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 8:23:16 PM
Is Mar el Largo in its path? If not, its just more fake news covered unnecessarily by CNN.

If it is in the storm's path, then the only question is how much it will dampen the President's revenue stream.

Spoiler
Seriously, let's hope it doesn't move into the Gulf of Mexico and instead moves up the Atlantic and stays offshore.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Is Mar el Largo in its path? If not, its just more fake news covered unnecessarily by CNN.

I like this guy! Give him a free Mirror !!
Psalms of Moribund
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Seriously, let's hope it doesn't move into the Gulf of Mexico and instead moves up the Atlantic and stays offshore.

If it dips under Florida, picks up steam in the Gulf, and slams into Houston, I'm gonna laugh at the absurdity of it.
Looks like TS Jose is right behind H Irma to pick up the steam left behind from Irma, but Jose might end up drifting into the Bermuda Triangle and head straight up North.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 5, 2017, 4:55:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Thoughts and prayers, JN.

Luckily, I live like over an hour away from the coast, so storm surge will never be an issue. Though, I will still have to help my Dad place the shutters to protect the windows from any flying debris. Thanks, Charan.

My thoughts and prayers are there too for those the inhabitants in the Caribbean islands.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Two hottest years back to back on record cat 5 everywhere, half great barrier reef dead in last 20 years, ppl better wake up quick

Only human would be stupid enough to pump billions of years accumulated carbon and methane into the atmosphere in less than 200 years and it have no effect.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 5, 2017, 8:30:44 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Only human would be stupid enough to pump billions of years accumulated carbon and methane into the atmosphere in less than 200 years and it have no effect.

The alternative is way slower progress in terms of pretty much everything.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
(((they))) just want to force gods hand , you can expect way bigger and more disasters from now on - i for one will jump infront of one asap - a swift warm embrace of death is better than whats coming afterwards.
Irma lost a bit of strength, but is still pounding down in the Caribbeans. It will not be long before it reaches Florida by the looks of its trajectory path so far.

On the other hand, Jose is now a cat 2 hurricane, but will not touch the US mainland.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info