[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Quick question,

for your main hand, before apep, wouldn't a rare with T1 lightning dmg to spells in addition to spell damage be stronger than just straight spell damage/crit?
Last edited by RatedPG on May 31, 2018, 11:10:57 AM
"
RatedPG wrote:
Quick question,

for your main hand, before apep, wouldn't a rare with T1 lightning dmg to spells in addition to spell damage be stronger than just straight spell damage/crit?
Are you talking about a wand or dagger?

In general, Apep's is extremely good for it's budget, especially when you use it on skeletons.
Mirror-tier rares should outclass it however.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on May 31, 2018, 1:17:50 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
RatedPG wrote:
Quick question,

Are you talking about a wand or dagger?

In general, Apep's is extremely good for it's budget, especially when you use it on skeletons.
Mirror-tier rares should outclass it however.

I meant a dagger so you don't lose your movement ability. Ive just noticed while leveling, anytime I find a weapon (dagger or otherwise) with added dmg to spells usually is a lot stronger sheet dps (this i know is flawed) than spell/crit. Just wondering thoughts.
"
RatedPG wrote:
I meant a dagger so you don't lose your movement ability. Ive just noticed while leveling, anytime I find a weapon (dagger or otherwise) with added dmg to spells usually is a lot stronger sheet dps (this i know is flawed) than spell/crit. Just wondering thoughts.
The tooltip doesn't account for totem life because it can't tell whether they're self-casting or using skeletons.

So naturally sources of added damage show up a lot stronger than they actually are.
Builds and Guides:
Quick question:

You ran this build again in the Flashback event...
Did you level it as you suggested (with firestorm first) or you chose another way?

Thanks!

Jaeger

You think clear speed on this will ve good enough to not be frustrating in incursions? If it weren't for that worry Id probably run this as my starter.
"
Quick question:

You ran this build again in the Flashback event...
Did you level it as you suggested (with firestorm first) or you chose another way?

Thanks!

Jaeger

Leveled pretty much exactly as in the guide, but got a Tabula sponsored since I didn't start day 1.

I actually stopped using it after I got the Nycta's Lantern because it was better.

Although I'd probably swap Frostbolt for Freezing Pulse for the first few levels after the buffs.

"
You think clear speed on this will ve good enough to not be frustrating in incursions? If it weren't for that worry Id probably run this as my starter.
Clearspeed should be really good actually, considering Incursion will mostly be linear and indoor areas.
If you don't like it you can respec into other totem spells very easily.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jun 1, 2018, 9:52:12 AM
Hello. Is there some serious changes to the build for 3.3? Just wanted to start league with this build again.
"
ANALizKALa wrote:
Hello. Is there some serious changes to the build for 3.3? Just wanted to start league with this build again.
No changes since 3.2 besides Trickery now giving 20% increased damage and Soul Mantle/Apep's Rage getting 3D art.
Builds and Guides:
Epic guide congratz
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info