The Ultimate Chaos Armour Set - An Insight into the Development Process

Can Freezing Pulse get some love PLEASEEEE I think its time for a new MTX !
I wondered why most of the armor had spikes or wings. The 2D front concept art explains why.
too Blizzardy for me
"
cgexile wrote:
I'm not a fan of this armor but I love the character effect. Like the Kitava chest it's too bulky/top-heavy/fat and throws all the characters off balance with a huge chest on top of skinny legs. Some of the 2D concept art appears to show a more balanced and slender chest with more bulk in the arms, but somewhere along the way it fattened up in the 3D phase and didn't result or match the original concept. Also the stuff that Jaan sketched together was way cooler in concept which the 'iteration' phase appears to have butchered. There is no focal swirly thing in anything he did in the chest piece and the chest is actually broken up in to two halves with an upper and lower section - probably so that it can flex like a real suit of armor. Each half looks like a collection or ram horns or some shit fastened together which was really cool, but the 3D version makes it look like all one piece with a giant swirly thing in the middle. Anatomically speaking, you can't bend in the final version, but you could in the concept version.

I think the 3d guys or the final decision makers need to stay true to what Jaan did or does, or Jaan needs to put the breaks on the results and say this is nothing like what I originally designed please try again.

This post shows how your process has failed with this particular suit of armor. I'm glad you actually showed the various stages so one can clearly see the radical differences between the start and the finish. It makes me think about what could have been with some of the others stuff that's been released over the years. Change your process so that the concept dictates the results and becomes the most crucial part or your workflow. Tell the concept artist exactly what you want so he delivers exactly what you need before you move forward with implementation.

This

Also the QA and Testing section at the end is embarrassing. I guess checking that it is in the shop and can be bought is consistently done. "Some of the more obscure checks include how it looks when ignited, shocked and chilled and whether or not it has the correct shadow." This line was only included to act like you take the extra step to look at the "fine details" whilst too many MTX exist where i would be astounded to learn someone DID actually QA it.

Spoiler
Didn't want to just toss it out there but...that chaos armor set is pretty damn ugly. TBH, I am using the gloves and belt glow, but i would rather wear vanishing dye on every slot or none at all than sport that crap.
Too cartoon for me. My Favorite armor is still the elite armor looks like normal and fits game. My second fav is outlaw or journeyman. Notice pattern here GGG? Some of us dont want that flashy cartoon stuff. I don't think I've ever worn some sets I bought like the flame one. Big mistake that purchase.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 6, 2017, 5:34:08 AM
Nice insight, I think there was more effort put into the chaos set though. Order mostly has texture overlay where has chaos has got far more 3 dimensional aspects to it.
I understand that this game is completely free to play and you guys need MTX to survive.

But, I would be much appreciated that you guys use these 4 months to create new content instead of those MTX.

For me, it is like a waste of time.
Daedric armor from Morrowind.
"
areyouabc wrote:
I understand that this game is completely free to play and you guys need MTX to survive.

But, I would be much appreciated that you guys use these 4 months to create new content instead of those MTX.

For me, it is like a waste of time.

You think they have 1 team, that stops on content to make MTX? Or perhaps, that it's a separate team that makes most of the MTX? Duh...

You also literally answered your own question, it's F2P, if they don't generate MTX sales then they have have the funds to make more playable content.

They've literally just released 6 acts as well stuff on top, and you're already complaining? Some people are unreal...
Last edited by FrozenShivers on Sep 10, 2017, 2:56:15 PM
Need more awesome sets, but little bit cheaper pls
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info