3.0 [theorycrafting] Scion - Unholy Paladin "Death's Oath"

----------------|||----------------|||----------------
----------------|||-Introduction-|||----------------

Hello everyone.

I have been around and thinking of how i can make build around the chest armor "Death's Oath"
- I have seen a few on Youtube, but from watching them i seen alot of flaws where they not really
empowered the Aura of boosting the Chaos DoT Effect.

This leaves open with an additional "Direct attack", and this is where im little stuttered...
it is here i would like having suggestions.
- Im considering using a 1h + Shield (essence GMP ++)
- CWDT-IC-Increase Dura.

Second option is swapping into a 2hander... but i would like to have feedbacks.

----------------|||-Path of Building-|||----------------

Download PoB (Latest):

Code for "Path of Building"
- Allow you to see my suggestion of GEAR, Tree nodes, Ascendancy and much more.

----------------|||-- ------------ --|||----------------
----------------|||--Gear & Tree--|||----------------
----------------|||-- ------------ --|||----------------

Dont have Path of Building, but want a quick overview?
Check these screenshots below!
For ALL Pictures http://imgur.com/a/dnF3r

GEAR
Spoiler

SKILL TREEE
Spoiler

DEATH AURA
Spoiler

DARK PACT
Spoiler

----------------|||-------------------------|||----------------
----------------|||-I NEED YOUR HELP-|||----------------
----------------|||-------------------------|||----------------

When giving feedback please follow these steps.
1. Pros/Cons
2. What makes this most optimal Gem-links with gear, syncronization

Please give me your feedback on this.

I have also had tests with
#Essence Drain
#Blight
#Contagion

.... I look forward to hear some feedback from the community.
- If i make this build working properly, with help of PoE Community i will convert it to a viable build and share my thoughts ideas and goal.

HINTS
Goal to reach maximum efficiency
- Increased Damage
- Increased Damage over time
- Increased Chaos Damage
- Increased Life
(Increased Life Regeneration)

Remember it is Crucial to be Chaos Capped, as you suffer Chaos dmg over 3sec when killing an enemy. This is also where Life regeneration covers up for it.

NOTE: since this is not "Lightning, Cold, Fire". Spell damage will not affect the build.
- Atleast not from my in-game testing.

Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
Last edited by SevenSinsOfHell on Sep 4, 2017, 1:25:17 PM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2017, 4:41:04 PM
Hello, maybe i can help you out a bit as i'm also building around death's oath. I just don't understand you... You said you watched a few video on yt about it but they lack dmg on aura ,correct ? As i can see in your pictures you also didn't empower aura much. You took only one aura node. My build got almost all aura nodes (only don't have one in duelist area cause it's too far away) +all chaos/dmg over time nodes.Dunno, your build seems solid just dunno about ascendancy and its life based, mine is totally different CI occultist and will switch to "not low life nor low mana" when i get currency for presence of chayula. If you want to build around death aura and maximize the dmg of it, you really have to take all aura/chaos/dmg over time nodes + to use blight with 2 threshold jewels and i think abyssal cry to stack with same supports in chest. If you want to build primary on something else and have aura as second dps booster you can do many many things... Feel free to ask whatever you want, i will be glad to help you out if i can. Peace.
"
hobla wrote:
Hello, maybe i can help you out a bit as i'm also building around death's oath. I just don't understand you... You said you watched a few video on yt about it but they lack dmg on aura ,correct ? As i can see in your pictures you also didn't empower aura much. You took only one aura node. My build got almost all aura nodes (only don't have one in duelist area cause it's too far away) +all chaos/dmg over time nodes.Dunno, your build seems solid just dunno about ascendancy and its life based, mine is totally different CI occultist and will switch to "not low life nor low mana" when i get currency for presence of chayula. If you want to build around death aura and maximize the dmg of it, you really have to take all aura/chaos/dmg over time nodes + to use blight with 2 threshold jewels and i think abyssal cry to stack with same supports in chest. If you want to build primary on something else and have aura as second dps booster you can do many many things... Feel free to ask whatever you want, i will be glad to help you out if i can. Peace.

Do you have an recommendation of "changes" to the skill tree?

I have been thinking of a few other Main-abilities

# Blight*
# Contagion
# Dark Pact

- my base plan is to go for DP > Cont > Blight in that order to try it out.
- You mentioned "empower aura mod" are you speaking of the Empower-gem? or Nodes?, If so which once?
- The Blight Jewels are open to be replaced based on "primary" attack ability

Death Aura = Secondary "Passive" Dot-DPS
(DPS ABILITY = Primary "Burst/Increase" for bosses, UNique (Faster killing of harder enemies)
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
Well if you ask me strongest ascendancy for this build is occultist. Im speaking of boosting aura dmg with Charisma, Leadership, Influence and Sovereignty. You can't take only Champion of the cause because it is in duelist area far away. Blight with jewels will also increase the dmg of aura. Ofc spell totem + whiter will do the boost.
Last edited by hobla on Sep 6, 2017, 7:01:05 AM
"
hobla wrote:
Well if you ask me strongest ascendancy for this build is occultist. Im speaking of boosting aura dmg with Charisma, Leadership, Influence and Sovereignty. You can't take only Champion of the cause because it is in duelist area far away. Blight with jewels will also increase the dmg of aura. Ofc spell totem + whiter will do the boost.

I want to create first an Scion - Unholy paladin.
Then i will create as you say the second option "occulist Witch" - Unholy paladin.

But i do appriciate the feedback and will look more into it as i progress!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info