[3.2] Forest Fire.

"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
HeManNZ wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for the build, Im running the tempest helm and a 6-link molten strike QoTF. Great mix of speed and dps, the only thing which is lacking a little is survivablity.

i've done the same, and personally i prefer raider. i went avatar of the chase for the bonus evasion, and with a jade of reflexes plus a stibnite flask active, and onslaught (which is on permanently if you like onslaught support to cyclone) i end up with 91% melee evasion and 84% projectile evasion. thats before dodge/blind/etc. you're essentially immune to physical damage.

Your build has ~120% less movement speed. You are guaranteed to get onslaught on kill with Rapid Assault - why do you use Onslaught Support instead of inc AOE on Cyclone? Have you tried essence crafted gloves or helmet instead of The Tempest Binding? Innervate and Ice Bite don't really benefit Cyclone that much in this build. Have you tried Three-step Assault? Should be really big with your setup.

dunno how much movement speed you get, but i have 195 when using hatred, and 241 when using grace with my flasks up. sometimes i find just the 241 being too much, and i don't need the extra evade so i usually run with hatred.
ya you're guaranteed onslaught for 4 seconds. theres maps where i find my 17 second frenzys drop off so i like having onslaught for quality of life. i get 14s onslaught duration instead of 4.
i don't find i need inc aoe or more damage on cyclone at all. cyclone is just there for the molten balls which im spec'd to min/max more than anything. cyclone is a way to deliver utility for me. if anything i'd possibly drop onslaught for culling strike. maybe i'll test it out. my cyclone dps is just fine for clear even in t16

three step suck. the 100% inc evasion is just local im pretty sure, so it really wouldn't do much. i need the life and resists on my current boots.
Last edited by xMustard on Sep 27, 2017, 10:07:22 AM
Best fuking build ever made in 3 years of poe gg wp
I was really looking for something that has a good combination of offense, defence, smoothness, speed, and the ability to do all content.

I feel that this build will be the great find in balancing this. I have been running a QotF wander for a bit and love the speed it provides but dislike the squishiness. I have tried a variety of builds but really love the speed/defensive layer that QotF provides and wanted to do something with it that isn't a wander.

So now I am building this in-spite of it being late in the league. The plan is to get some experience with the build now, so that next league it will be my starter.

Why I feel this build is amazing?

- Cyclone at high move speed feels awesome
- Stun immunity while using cyclone
- Status immunity from Pathfinder - So amazing, makes our flasks much more optimized as well!
- Ngamahu provides addition AoE reach and DPS
- You don't have to worry about killing enemies with Cyclone as the meatballs clear up packs as you fly by.
- Can run on 4L to start a league
- Unique flasks make it better but aren't required to start.
- Can run Molten Strike for additional DPS on boss fights, but is actually optional
- Works great for lab as you don't run VP and have good move speed and movement skill
- Good clear speed early league to push into endgame content and early farm
- Can clear endgame content. Not the best boss killer but good enough to beat the content.
- Scales well with additional gearing (amulet, 5-6L, flasks, headhunter, etc.)
- Can take Inspired Learning in the duelest area for early mapping with minimal sacrifices (this I highly suggest)
- Get's free onslaught on tree from using an axe!
- Makes huge use out of endgame flasks, particularly dying sun for AoE and proj.

All these reasons make this build just feel "right". As if it is the perfect storm of what I want in a build. Scalability, versatility, budget friendly to start, fast, and the ability to complete all content.
Last edited by Healfezza on Sep 27, 2017, 11:36:13 AM
Questions for build users:

Have any of you tried Red Dream/Nightmare in the Marauder Jewel spot? Would provide additional layer of "free" defence in Endurance charges as well as increasing Immortal Call duration. Plus since we run fire damage we get 5% added chaos as a bonus.

Have any of you tried running Inspired Learning on the Duelist jewel slot? Would cost a few respec points but would provide addition buffs for map clear.
Last edited by Healfezza on Sep 27, 2017, 12:19:28 PM
"
Healfezza wrote:

Have any of you tried Red Dream/Nightmare in the Marauder Jewel spot? Would provide additional layer of "free" defence in Endurance charges as well as increasing Immortal Call duration. Plus since we run fire damage we get 5% added chaos as a bonus.

Can't deal chaos damage with Avatar of Fire.
"
Healfezza wrote:
I was really looking for something that has a good combination of offense, defence, smoothness, speed, and the ability to do all content.

All these reasons make this build just feel "right". As if it is the perfect storm of what I want in a build. Scalability, versatility, budget friendly to start, fast, and the ability to complete all content.

Glad you like it! I have theorycrafted another build that has everything you like about this one and some extras. I will be min-maxing it next league and post it as soon as i can. Also QotF Cyclone, but different weapon and some cool synergies.
hey, the guide and build looks great. how much do u think a 20ex budget will get me on this? some stuff seems pretty expansive.
Would you be willing to discuss the core concepts of the build now? I would be curious to hear about it! Of course the build wouldn't be finished but getting a look at the underlying principles would be interesting!
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
Healfezza wrote:

Can't deal chaos damage with Avatar of Fire.

Oh yes, woops!
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
Healfezza wrote:

Glad you like it! I have theorycrafted another build that has everything you like about this one and some extras. I will be min-maxing it next league and post it as soon as i can. Also QotF Cyclone, but different weapon and some cool synergies.

Just looking at some weapon options that might work in a similar build/style...

Uul-Netol's Embrace - Bone Nova explosions account for AoE clear. Low base attack speed makes this less desirable though.

Mjolner - A classic setup with cyclone that can provide AoE clear with a lightning based skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info