Incorrect "My Games" location with folder redirection

When installing the game on a Windows 7 client, a "Path of Exile" folder is supposed to be created in the "My Games" folder.

However, when the client is included in a domain utilizing folder redirection, instead "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\<SERVERNAME>\users$\<USERNAME>\My Games\Path of Exile" is created.

The correct location would in this case be "\\<SERVERNAME>\users$\<USERNAME>\My Games\Path of Exile".

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No options can be saved. You need to do it every time you log in.

Minimaps are not saved. Simply portalling to town and back wipes the map.

In beta this was understandable; can't we have a simple prefs/ini file that stores this and works in every computer configuration?

Why is this not even replied to after so many months - even a GGG "We are aware of the issue" would be something.
Hi Gauhron,

Your options should be stored in your production_config.ini

Could you please confirm if you're running Path of Exile as an administrator?
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Hi Dan,

Yes the game is running as Administrator and I receive the UAC prompt every time I launch it.

There is no production_config.ini in the game directory. Is it supposed to be somewhere else?

The options not saving are a pita so I only play poe if I can be bothered to go through the settings each time. The real pig is the minimap data not being saved. If I am doing anything other than running a new toon through it just isn't fun to play with no map between portals.

I believe this was agreed a long time ago as being down to redirected My Documents folders but haven't seen any more word since then.
C:\Users\"User"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
C:\Users\"User"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

That is exactly the issue: such a folder does not exist if it has been redirected by a network policy.

And then PoE has the interesting and irritating faults mentioned above.
No fix in the new game version.

Game options are not saved on exit, minimap progress is not saved when you portal to town/lab then back again.

Still fundamentally broken with such a simple (and portable) fix possible.
I have the same problem.
The "documents"-folder in my Win7Pro is moved to a UNC-Path.
Additionally PoE creates a folder-structure representing the UNC-Path inside it's own program-folder.
Inside the target-location there is a production_Config.ini which includes all my set configuration. Setting this file to read-only works around the problem of reconfigure after each start.
Nevertheless there remains the problem with those wiped minimaps on each entry of a location.

Any clues?
Any more details needed?

Oh, one more thing:
PoE itself is located on a mapped unc-path (mapped as drive L:\ as steam does not support unc-libraries).
edit:
The redirected folder resides on another end of the network
Last edited by Thyranim on Aug 26, 2014, 2:45:30 PM
I don't even have a .ini file in the spurious folder.

Agreed, no minimap progress is saved when you zone/portal.

Mapping is even more tedious without a minimap.
Well, the question is: Have you write access to the network location?
Is there no production_config.ini in the network location?
Have you tried to create a Hardlink from C:\Users\*\My Games\Path of Exile\ to the network location?
Last edited by grijnskat on Aug 27, 2014, 9:36:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info