3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

hello, i have one question, im running with this helmet >
what i want to know is, theres one gem that i can swap into inc area to do bosses?
Hi. Thanks for this great guide. Is anyone answering in this guide now?

I am level 58 berserker and running with sunder. The guide say we can use sunder to late 60s, but I really want to try Righteous fire soon.

This league is mye first league in poe, so I need help with the passive tre.

When i switch to Righteous fire, what passive nodes do I need to take first, and what to take last?
The tree shows it for level 92, but does it matter what I take first and last? Lets say I start with rigteous fire at level 60, at the end of act 8.

My character is Surt_ https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Odd_the_king/characters

Odd_the_King
"
mateuspf wrote:
what i want to know is, theres one gem that i can swap into inc area to do bosses?

If you're trying to get more deeps using this helm, you can swap out Inc AOE and Efficacy with Arcane Surge and Swift Affliction. It will add around 20% more damage to your gem setup as Swift Affliction gets you around 45% more damage vs the 25% more damage from Efficacy. The reason for Arcane Surge in your setup is that Swift Affliction doesn't work with RF without Arcane Surge in the gem setup.

The downside to my recommended gem setup is due to the Swift Affliction requiring a green socket. Changing socket colors before every boss fight isn't really reasonable. That's why Rhah runs with two helmets. One for bosses and one for mobs. You can revisit page 1 and see his Abyss gear as reference.
"
cevdetarkun wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
I'm taking a break from PoE, and will probably not be playing next league. So, until further notice, this guide is no longer supported by me.

I know you are on a break but maybe someone else can answer my question.

Before 3.1 I used to play rf and we did a different build anyhow from this old build we used vortex blade and tempest shield.

So

instead of using shield charge with crit support and such cant we do...

shield charge (20) + cwdt(1) + vortex blade(7) + tempest shield(6-7) on gloves.

this way vortex is always up and it uses the cold,light attack almost all the time.
I am asking this because my computer is not very high end and it fps drops to 1-5 when I am in a party with bunch of spells going around and it gets hard to focus where to shield charge.
And

I am okey with a bit slower travel time with shield charge.
I think I do not loose much off a damage but travel time mostly.

what do you guys think.

It sounds viable. You lose critical strike, but addition of vortex blade and tempest shield make up for it as you're adding two additional forms of attack which can coincide with shield charge. Con is you lose the culling strike which effectively reduces boss hp by 10%, you won't really notice with mobs. The biggest issue is you lose fortify, which will make you less tanky and kind of really sucks since berserker version of RF is already less tanky as opposed to its other Marauder variations as it is.

I have low FPS too so I run with Cyclone+Culling+Fortify+Crit. To make up for reduced cyclone speed, I use 30% move speed rare boots, Silver Flask, and Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline. That's +120% move speed right there and I have no issue keeping up with party play while keeping EE+EO+Fortify up.
"
pathofweiners wrote:
"
mateuspf wrote:

If you're trying to get more deeps using this helm, you can swap out Inc AOE and Efficacy with Arcane Surge and Swift Affliction. It will add around 20% more damage to your gem setup as Swift Affliction gets you around 45% more damage vs the 25% more damage from Efficacy. The reason for Arcane Surge in your setup is that Swift Affliction doesn't work with RF without Arcane Surge in the gem setup.

The downside to my recommended gem setup is due to the Swift Affliction requiring a green socket. Changing socket colors before every boss fight isn't really reasonable. That's why Rhah runs with two helmets. One for bosses and one for mobs. You can revisit page 1 and see his Abyss gear as reference.

just got this one
so looks like arcane surge will never proc right? it is just to able Swift Affl?
Last edited by mateuspf on Feb 13, 2018, 2:05:46 AM
So I am trying out this style of RF using the waycrys and all for boosted sustain.
I very much enjoy the style over just flasks and pure regen. That being said I want to do this in the start of the next league (as long as it gets no major nerfs) as I love RF but remember at the start of legacy league how much a RoTP cost and how hard to was to get early RF gear.
Would leveling as sunder even going into lab farming as sunder or EQ still work with the 16 spare points or so spent on 1 or 2h dps depending on what items I can get early in the league?
"
mateuspf wrote:
"
pathofweiners wrote:
"
mateuspf wrote:

just got this one
so looks like arcane surge will never proc right? it is just to able Swift Affl?

nope.you dont spend manage first off when using RF and second of all that 10% spell damage is useless for RF. you want elemental damage.
RF bezerker rest in peace 3.2
Hi all,
I'm currently running RF in a 4-link but I was thinking of upgrading to a 5-link.
Path of Building lists Elemental Focus as the support gem that will add the most DPS but I am a little confused about it.
It says that 'Supported Skills cannot inflict elemental ailments' but wouldn't that include burning damage and isn't burning damage important? Am I misunderstanding what actually causes the damage from RF?

Thanks,
Adam
"
Hi all,
I'm currently running RF in a 4-link but I was thinking of upgrading to a 5-link.
Path of Building lists Elemental Focus as the support gem that will add the most DPS but I am a little confused about it.
It says that 'Supported Skills cannot inflict elemental ailments' but wouldn't that include burning damage and isn't burning damage important? Am I misunderstanding what actually causes the damage from RF?

Elemental Focus will work because 'burning' is technically not an ailment but target status, caused by 'ignite' ailment. RF is the other source of burning and applies it directly to every target inside the RF circle. Pretty nonintuitive - i know, but it's only one of things PoE isn't clear about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info