3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
Bernhart wrote:
Hi,

just want to follow up on my "checklist", so please let me know any ideas how i can further improve my build:

open:
- watchers eye with double stat (vit / male or double male)
- catalysts on both rings (for +0,1% reg / charges each)
- 2nd weapon (why there are so few for RF in trade?)
- 2% regg enchant on boots (got 10% MS, so low priority right now)

done:
- aspect of spider on belt
- catalysts on belt
- add another 10 levels in next days and optimize passive tree
- uber lab
- annoint amulet

Best regards
Bernhart

1 corrupt kaoms are inexpensive for non-perfect implicits. my reduced fire damage was only +25c from a base kaoms and was -95degen (not amazing but cheap upgrade from nothing). I'd try to get +max all res and something else useful

There are so few weapons because there are so few of us playing this and making them. It's easy to make a mediocre 1h, but great 1hs are not fast or easy to craft. I spent a few ex on alt spamming/chaos spamming/failed fossils for my main wep. I then got lucky on some remove suffix/add prefix beasts. Annuls are nearly 100% unlucky for me, but the beast stuff is much better odds to not chop your best mod (ie. 1 of 2 instead of 1 and 3, and it annuls+exalt slam for 30c beast cost). I also don't think people playing other builds even know what our ideal 1hs even look like
Could someone take a look and give advise what should i update next? Currently have around 5ex.
I have a good weapon. Should I replace with the shied now?
"
La_D wrote:
Could someone take a look and give advise what should i update next? Currently have around 5ex.
I have a good weapon. Should I replace with the shied now?

1) Fertile Catalysts for your rings, 5c x 40 catalysts = lots of burned money for decent boost to regen/more life.

2) Malevolence Corruption on your rings. Actually loses you a bit of max hp but adds a decent chunk of damage.

3) Try to do 1 and 2, you'll have to self-craft because those don't exist, but you'd have some of the best rings imaginable for the build if you hit. You'll likely end up just burning currency though.

4) Decent Corruption on your Kaom's. Notably, -6% fire damage taken costs ~1 exa, so that's a nice little boost to surivability/regen for a small investment.

5) A Horror/Conc helm. This allows you to slot inc burning over efficacy and results in a decent DPS upgrade.

6) +2 auras Saffels. These run ~1 exa right now and you'll have to play tetris with your gems, but you could then move PoF and Malevolence up to the shield for more damage and +1 max fire res. If you then pick up the aura effect node above Sovereignty and throw in a Conc Potency jewel somewhere you can add ANOTHER +1 max fire res.

7) Look for +1 fire/int gems neck piece to up your damage.

8) Gloves can also do the same thing as #6 with +1 to aura gems craft as long as you already have #7 in place, you also don't have to break up your enlighten chain that way.

9) Soul of Steel Annointment on your Ammy (I'd probably upgrade it first though) for another 1% to max resists.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Jan 9, 2020, 11:53:25 AM
Check this out, I was goofing off in POE planner with the idea of how to abuse the new Thread of Hope.

If you slot a Large sized Thread in the left Templar jewel node, it gives you access to Discipline and Training as well as the 2 accompanying life nodes, Amplify, 1 of the AoE nodes, Sovereignty and the 2 mana reserve nodes without having to path toward any of that stuff.

If you then apply this tree:

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAO0AEzEAAHPG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OwQR5aKlu028FLUa3QKDes__Nf7L9chLhwBpvOzboDjya_tVl-t0Ucdl8ggf46_PdaGW77ZHOOlJYr4Zgz35yqayqWfPqGPcydqwaOJBVnz4t0nIPlG9mVLc-_grYvXgNtfI1kspKX7CbtYTFwzoZivsJ9toaj0GH-eiCxyj6mK24kxzcjxrr7qcI2CRWSJrgRZ1TUmh02mIYVm-egwlGceGIHar-SWBDbj2-gGFShtEnC4O2705eE5LQeu9XyQ186rq0DLyfGJEnL_xLFE0B5xv6Jd-kGQAAAAAA

Annoint Influence and add a Conqueror's Potency somewhere, wear a Saffel's Frame and a +1 ele resist Kaoms, you end up with 90% fire resistance.

You lose a lot of regen and damage in this tree, but you make up for it with the significant reduction of self-damage from RF and increased effect of malevolence. The biggest consideration is the ~10% increased life you lose from the tree. I can't find a better pathing that picks up more life, and you need 60% increased aura effect to cap fire res.

It probably needs a bit of work, but the concept is there.

Without the Conq Potency/Influence, you still get 89% fire resist, so you could alternatively go with Growth and Decay or Holy Fire on the anoint option.

With the 20% mana reservation reduction from all this, we can also drop Enlighten all-together and possibly just move toward a double CoH setup for Storm Brand.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Jan 9, 2020, 1:16:11 PM
i nearly made a 32% DoT amulet with an awakeners (shaper/hunter), but pob is suggesting doing +2 gem levels as slightly more dps. it also provides some open suffixes that could potentially hit more damage or resists(which could free up jewels used on resists to change for dmg).

anyone else do math on these? or have more reasons why not to do a 32% DoT amulet vs. skill levels?
"
jaeds wrote:
i nearly made a 32% DoT amulet with an awakeners (shaper/hunter), but pob is suggesting doing +2 gem levels as slightly more dps. it also provides some open suffixes that could potentially hit more damage or resists(which could free up jewels used on resists to change for dmg).

anyone else do math on these? or have more reasons why not to do a 32% DoT amulet vs. skill levels?

Righteous fire scales a lot on lvl since 3.8 check your PoB but 2 lvl on RoF is around 15% base damage increased while 32% DoT would be a 15% increased with less than 200% DoT total.
Correct me if i'm wrong

Had a lot of fun with this character, have moved on to a few other projects and need some currency, willing to sell this full build as well as gems and flasks (all important gems quality and 21) for 30ex

Whisper me in-game if anyone's interested!
amulet isn't really a priority I think anyways, maybe after you've rounded out all your other gear. there are plenty of good mods like %regen, %dmg = very 15str, fire multi. incursion flat life + %life. purity of fire/malev aura % reservation reduction. any combo of those things would still work. I bought a elder stygian and tried to craft a better belt than what I am using, I failed -_-

rhah's got the best +1 +1 amulet atm, I was able to make a blank +1 +1. when I have currency I might meta craft it.
"
jaeds wrote:
thanks for the watchstone craft example. I was under the wrong impression that it would only add influence and not carry over the mod. Does the awakener orb also carry over an elder mod or shaper mod?

Can an item have 3 influences?

yes, mods that are unique to shaper and elder items will also get carried over

two influences is max, one for each corner
"
jaeds wrote:
i nearly made a 32% DoT amulet with an awakeners (shaper/hunter)...

you can't stack the same mod like that, you can only roll fire dot once

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info