3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
Nosferat wrote:
What would I gain, and what would I lose if I would not use kaom's boots, compared to using socketed boots that would have a lvl 4 enlighten+blasphemy+flammability.

With my gear:

+16% dps vs trash
+5% dps vs standard bosses
-1% dps vs shaper/guardians
-9% max life
+ resists and movement speed from rare boots

You'd also need to carry a freeze immunity flask.

You also can't run 3 auras and have enough mana to spam shield charge comfortably, with just an enlighten 4. I only had 35 mana with enlighten on two auras.
"
toasterdu77 wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
I'm just going to mention the helmet. In case you did not know, you can use vorici, you can get 3 blues with him.

And for the fourth, use this basic thing like in the video. That is how I made my helmet have 4 blue sockets, and it cost me something like 120 jewelers or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJscDAIhoec

Oh, thanks! I dind't know that. It will help a lot.

I have a video up demonstrating this method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZIG9dwQVvI
"
toasterdu77 wrote:
"
Scarri wrote:
What issue are you having with bosses and guardians? Your gear is similar to my first RF char of the league, I have a lvl 20 burning essence helm but I was using brightbreak still. After he RIPed I did shaper and all guardians deathless in standard.

I take too many damage in just one hit. The first hit trigger immortal call, then I die. My immortal call was level 20 atm. I keep using charge shield for more damage & defense, I dodge some AOE, but... Not enough. This is why I'm asking for help, I don't know what is wrong :/

lvl 20 is super high, I have my CWDT set at 15-16 so it triggers around 25% of my HP taken in a hit. Otherwise it just sounds like you need practice. You don't need to spam shield charge endlessly, just get EE, EO, and fort up then run around dodging things. You aren't meant to face tank.
Last edited by Scarri on Jan 2, 2018, 6:20:30 PM
Hi, thanks op for the write up and big kudos to Pohx. I really enjoy the build, however, I wish if anyone can look over my gears, and tree for immediate upgrades... grant it I am poor as hell.

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

Thanks !!

Andy
p.s. Anyone ever try to fit in scorching ray? ..
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Jan 3, 2018, 3:13:58 AM
"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
Hi, thanks op for the write up and big kudos to Pohx. I really enjoy the build, however, I wish if anyone can look over my gears, and tree for immediate upgrades... grant it I am poor as hell.

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

Thanks !!

Andy
p.s. Anyone ever try to fit in scrotching ray? ..

You are missing all jewels? Just take out those 5% life nodes and take every nearby jewel socket on the skill tree. Get some cheap 6-7% life, 1-2 damage + stats/resist jewels to them. Also get kaoms roots.

About fitting scorching ray, I did try it for a little while at the start of league, but it was never really needed. It would mean dropping out kaoms roots which is not really an option. Only place where having scorching ray would make difference is end game bosses, but they go down fast enough anyway.
"
rhah wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
What would I gain, and what would I lose if I would not use kaom's boots, compared to using socketed boots that would have a lvl 4 enlighten+blasphemy+flammability.

With my gear:

+16% dps vs trash
+5% dps vs standard bosses
-1% dps vs shaper/guardians
-9% max life
+ resists and movement speed from rare boots

You'd also need to carry a freeze immunity flask.

You also can't run 3 auras and have enough mana to spam shield charge comfortably, with just an enlighten 4. I only had 35 mana with enlighten on two auras.

Well, that is not as much as I would have thought, damn, the compromise is not really worth it. Ty for that, I was not sure what direction to take. I though that since kaom's chest+life nodes+ jewels gives you a comfortable +9K hp, instead of going for even more hp, one could spend the last 10-11 points on a double course+heart of flame for a better dps against the very last percentage of the game, 15+maps, guardians,shaper, uber atziri and so on.

On my last RF scion build, the mana issue was not a problem, it is true that there were a bit more intel nodes in that build, but even with less than 30 mana remaining after having enlight4+blasphemy+flammability+ vitality in gloves and having purity of fire running separately in a socketed ring , I could constantly cyclone or shield charge,depending what map,what boss and so on, and never run out of mana, as it was regening as fast as it was emptying itself, although that might be due to the trickster ascendancy class taken there that gives some mana regen.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jan 3, 2018, 3:46:28 AM
Do you think worth lvl 16 burning damage try to get 4 blue sockets? OR shall look for lvl 20? Essences are expensive as hell 50 c each, so dunno if shall i still gamble
"
Scarri wrote:
"
toasterdu77 wrote:
"
Scarri wrote:
What issue are you having with bosses and guardians? Your gear is similar to my first RF char of the league, I have a lvl 20 burning essence helm but I was using brightbreak still. After he RIPed I did shaper and all guardians deathless in standard.

I take too many damage in just one hit. The first hit trigger immortal call, then I die. My immortal call was level 20 atm. I keep using charge shield for more damage & defense, I dodge some AOE, but... Not enough. This is why I'm asking for help, I don't know what is wrong :/

lvl 20 is super high, I have my CWDT set at 15-16 so it triggers around 25% of my HP taken in a hit. Otherwise it just sounds like you need practice. You don't need to spam shield charge endlessly, just get EE, EO, and fort up then run around dodging things. You aren't meant to face tank.

Maybe I need practice, indeed :)

Thanks for your advices.
builds starting to become squishy at level 44, any suggestions for mid level gear?

thanks in advance! :)
"
adddemon wrote:
builds starting to become squishy at level 44, any suggestions for mid level gear?

thanks in advance! :)

As a side thing, you have the sorrow of the divine flask, do you know what zealoth's oath does when you use that flask?

Oh and finish your first lab and take chieftain as your ascendancy till you feel comfortable to go berserker, you get more life regen that way, you can respec 1 ascendancy point for 5 respec points, later on when you need it.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jan 3, 2018, 12:17:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info