3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Was just browsing for a RF build, started gathering some currency to at least be able to afford starter gear with a fast totem build, but got bored of it.

I played last league as a scion, the guide was quite detailed and helped me a lot to understand about RF and some basic mechanics, now I want to try a marauder one......https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1877277

I see you put shield charge as the main trigger for EE, with the scion I used cyclone, yes it's slower, but I found it to be less choppy somehow. I swear I found myself charging at a small rock that was barely the size of a pixel on the screen, It was annoying to charge into thin air and get stuck.

Also I'm wondering why you are not using blood dance? Especially when clearing maps, the frenzy charges heal you up really fast. Is it worth using kaom's roots over blood dance? What would you say the advantages would be?

Kaom's heart is out of the question for now,too expensive for me, I will try using the same type of atziri's splendour that I used last league on the scion, that armor+resist+life gained on kill really helps up to late game mapping.

I'm also wondering if sacrificing a few points from.....I don't know, somewhere in the passive tree and going towards the curse line might be better. Meaning if I were to go whispers of doom, and have vitality+purity of fire+ flammability, would it not be better? Meaning having 2 curses, one being flammability, the second one being despair from the flask.

Oh and one last question, would you guys recommend this over the other rf marauder/chieftain build? What would be more tanky, stronger overall and smoother?
Last edited by Nosferat on Dec 21, 2017, 2:12:52 PM
Question regarding the watcher's eye. How much of a luxury item is this?

Should I get that over an upgraded helmet (elder to 30% elem), upgraded jewels and/or opal ring?

Would I be so amazed like, wow, my life regen is crazy fast?
"
Ezevade wrote:
Guys is there a way for me to fix life regen under 3c so i can do lab?
I have no currency after i bought kaom's heart and kaom's roots, my health keeps going down when RF is on.

How fast is it going down? if it's a very small amount it's pretty normal after you get your Kaom's. You should notice it stop when moving if you have the right pantheon on. There is a 3c fix of buying a lvl 20 purity of fire, the 1% extra max fire res should balance you back out.
"
misterfob wrote:
Question regarding the watcher's eye. How much of a luxury item is this?

Should I get that over an upgraded helmet (elder to 30% elem), upgraded jewels and/or opal ring?

Would I be so amazed like, wow, my life regen is crazy fast?

I don't have one yet as I'm asking myself the same upgrade questions but on PoB it's a pretty big sustain upgrade. It boosts my net life regen with RF on from 1k to 1500. I'd say it's a better upgrade than going elder helmet to essence helm, assuming no RF enchant, my PoB is only showing about 10k dps between those two. Opals and jewels can be great dps upgrades but you are kind of limited by non overpriced jewels/essences on the market. I do have an opal I'm working on but I just throw 10c worth of essences at it everynight.
"
duabijitelur wrote:

Try use a Summon Stone Golem and ur Shield Charge setup, shud use increase crit strikes not crit dmg

Oh i didnt realize i was using crit damage, thanks lol

"
Slowacki wrote:
First of all, are you maxed on Fire Res? Also you might need to fix your passive tree a bit and pick the life reg nodes you've missed.

Which nodes i missed? I cant find any
Hey guys, complete RF noob here.

I just started this build 3 days go and I'm struggling a bit on T12+ Map bosses. It takes forever to kill them. Any pointers to make my toon a little tankier? I know pyre should be replaced by opal, but i dont think an opal will make me tankier. Also, im aware im missing 2 of the minor health nodes, those are next.

Any tips would be appreciated. (Currently sitting at 3ex 30c so im a little short on currency for major upgrades)

Gear here:
Spoiler

"

I just started this build 3 days go and I'm struggling a bit on T12+ Map bosses. It takes forever to kill them. Any pointers to make my toon a little tankier? I know pyre should be replaced by opal, but i dont think an opal will make me tankier. Also, im aware im missing 2 of the minor health nodes, those are next.

Any tips would be appreciated. (Currently sitting at 3ex 30c so im a little short on currency for major upgrades)

Added colddamage on you ring converts to fire from pyrering, That fucks up your EE
Last edited by knutkanon on Dec 22, 2017, 2:59:31 AM
"

Gear here:
Spoiler

What was already mentioned a better ring than pyre would be good, a good helmet you can find on poe trade, with X level concentrated effect and other stuff like increased area damage, makes RF a bit more powerful. For rings a better option than opal, I would advise something with +2 or +3 to socketed gems, beside the usual resist+life on them. Why? Because you would put purity of fire in it. Now if you have a 21 purity of fire, you need only +2 to level, if you have a 20 purity, you need +3 to level, for that 1% extra max fire resist, you will burn for less, ergo your regen will go up and you will be more tanky.

Get a doryani, or a doon cuebiyari while you are at it, for boss killings I think it would be better than the brightbeak, you might lose some speed and resist, but you gain damage. The best option would be to get a rare void sceptre, with as much increased ele damage+fire damage as you can get,problem is those rares are expensive.

You already have kaom, so there is not much you can do to become even more tanky, unless you are willing to spend tens of exalts on the best and highest gear, better gloves,better belt, unique prismatic jewel with life recovery(4 exalts as of now for the jewel), what you can do is tweak here and there to get more damage.

You are also a bit underleved to be running tier 12-13 maps with your current gear, try doing that when you reach 88-90.

Finally, later on when you will have the currency, sacrifice some points from the passive, go towards the whispers of doom on your passive line. Get some rare boots, or reshuffle your gems a bit. And socket a lvl4 enlighten support+vitality+flammability+blasphemy support. This way you can run 1 regen aura, 1 fire res aura, and 1 curse aura(without having too much mana reserved) + when you hit stronger enemies you can hit them with 2 curses, one being flammability, the second coming from the witchfire brew flask. Your damage output will increase by quite a lot.
Last edited by Nosferat on Dec 22, 2017, 8:57:46 AM
Does using Balefire sceptre with this build have any sense?

This deals alot damage but makes us less mobile but not sure if its worth the time to use it. Maybe on boss fights? Or skip entirely?
Last edited by Asag on Dec 22, 2017, 2:06:28 PM
Am I missing something about OP's Abyss build?? He seems to have 0 Chaos Resist in his gear.. Should we be aiming for that as well? Currently have gear with enough Chaos Resist to bring me to 11% over the cap. Should I not be doing this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info