3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
rhah wrote:
"
fr0z1k wrote:
I play this build as a league starter and just finished my first lab in level 32.
I still use Sunder for leveling and probably intend on going with it until level 60, the only problem is i do next to none damage so it takes me forever to do anything, i do only 187 damage with 1.4 attacks per second. I took all the recommended tree nodes for damage (Born to fight, butchery, destroyer and splitting strikes) and i'm using a quite basic 2H Stone Axe.
Atm i have Sunder linked with Fortify and Melee Phys sups.
I don't use any other skills (except from decoy totem) at the moment.
Any tips on how to improve my damage? As it is extremely hard to run through the story line as every time i need to kill anything it takes forever :(

Try to buy a higher damage weapon. I think i used these two in the past.

at level 33 - Reaper's Pursuit axe
58 - Kaom's Primacy

edit

Also drop fortify from sunder and add more damage gems to it. I don't know which ones are the best since i haven't played it in a while.

Added Fire Damage Support
Ruthless Support
Multistrike Support
maim

add a damage aura:
Herald of Ash
Hatred

totem helps with damage:
Ancestral Warchief

you can link it with some support damage gems as well

Thank you, will try that
Hi,

I use this build in standard and am working on purchasing end-game gear. I just purchased a helmet with concentrated effect and burning damage both lvl 20. I just bought swift afflication 20% and realised that it has too much dex to put in, same as summon stone golem which I had to stop lvling at lvl 11. Switf afflication is barely lvl 5 and requires too much dex.

My question is, should I keep those low lvl or is there something I'm not getting, where do you get all the dex from?

edit 1 : Would it not be better to use efficacy and another gem that doesn't require dex such as immolate?

edit 2 : ok so i read somewhere that efficacy needs a duration tag in order to work even tough it is not sayd on the gem itself, so still need to run with arcane surge, but atleast I would be able to max them out and not have a bottleneck due to dex?

I don't know how to calculate dps and edps, but I would be curious to see and compare a 4L helmet with both concentrated effect 20 and burning damage 20 with 3 diffrent variations :

1 - RF, Elemental focus, Swift afflication (lvl 1) and arcane surge
2 - RF, elemental focus, efficacy and arcane surge
3 - RF, elemental focus, immolate and enhance (lvl 2)

The reason I'm asking is because I spent a small fortune on that elder Helmet and did not notice any damage difference when going from a 4L to a 6L
Last edited by jimcai on Dec 9, 2018, 5:14:17 PM
"
jimcai wrote:
Hi,

I use this build in standard and am working on purchasing end-game gear...

swift+arcane combo is only really good for two things: in a boss killer helmet (a helmet you switch to on bosses), or a deep delving helmet. It's not a recommended for general mapping since you'd be giving up a lot of AoE. Dex req is another big issue with it. Don't bother with this until you know what you are doing.

Efficacy works without a duration tag. Immolate doesn't work with RF. Use the recommended gems in the Build >> Gems section.

To see how much damage you do you need to use path of building program.
Playing this in betrayal now.

Leveling was sort of rough, as I think i switched off of sunder too early. However I just got to 60 and everything is a breeze now. An exalted dropped for me so I was able to buy both of my kaoms ways, a saffels, and a balefire and now I can facetank betrayal encounters like nothing.

Just need to farm up a heart now. What's a good interim chest piece? Belly?
http://poe.trade/search/unoharinohiahu

This new flask mod looks great for RF build !
"
Zamo wrote:
http://poe.trade/search/unoharinohiahu

This new flask mod looks great for RF build !

Shit that's very good, still haven't unlocked it though..
"
spartanreborn wrote:
Playing this in betrayal now.

Leveling was sort of rough, as I think i switched off of sunder too early. However I just got to 60 and everything is a breeze now. An exalted dropped for me so I was able to buy both of my kaoms ways, a saffels, and a balefire and now I can facetank betrayal encounters like nothing.

Just need to farm up a heart now. What's a good interim chest piece? Belly?

yeah, belly is pretty cheap so id get that and an elder helmet with burning damage, or burning + conc
Finally giving this build a serious go this league since totem hiero took a kick to the groin :P

Have to admit that I'm liking Smite more than Sunder for leveling, but beyond that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've always played casters so I'm basically flying blind. I have no idea at all how to play/level anything else >.> I know to follow your basic passives guide while grabbing some of the dps nodes as a temp, but other than that...nothing. The main different is basically going to be skill gems and gear (obviously I suppose), the rest seems to basically be the same? I don't even know what skill gems to use for a melee char, especially with smite since that's lightning? And ranged? I think? Kind of? Talk about fish out of water...
I don't understand people saying this is not budget friendly for league start, you can get king's path and king's heart for cheap enough if you focus on them early (got cards for about 14c, prophecy was around 30c)
Same for jewels, I got life/burning/double res for 5 chaos.. that's super cheap for such a good option

My main concern this league will be getting a BBBB RF helmet... hopefully they patch the missing recipes soon enough
"
Shuggananas wrote:
I don't understand people saying this is not budget friendly for league start, you can get king's path and king's heart for cheap enough if you focus on them early (got cards for about 14c, prophecy was around 30c)
Same for jewels, I got life/burning/double res for 5 chaos.. that's super cheap for such a good option

My main concern this league will be getting a BBBB RF helmet... hopefully they patch the missing recipes soon enough

On non-hardcore league ofc. No one plays RF there cuz its useless lul.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info