Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. Looking awesome. Anyone playing?

"
kolyaboo wrote:
It's out now. Last week officially I believe.

And it is that buggy? Wow...
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I.. I.. i fell in the trap

Well, they got me too! But right now I'm involved in PoE so I haven't explored it much past tutorials. When I grow bored with this league which will happen sooner rather than later due to repetitive temple mechanic, I will explore more fully. No bugs yet but haven't got far.

Their end game and crafting system is what sold me. End game looks better than GD, crafting about equal to it.
Censored.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I.. I.. i fell in the trap

Well, they got me too! But right now I'm involved in PoE so I haven't explored it much past tutorials. When I grow bored with this league which will happen sooner rather than later due to repetitive temple mechanic, I will explore more fully. No bugs yet but haven't got far.

Their end game and crafting system is what sold me. End game looks better than GD, crafting about equal to it.

Edited to add: played a couple hours or so today, haven't even been in PoE yet and that should tell you something. I really like it so far. This might change but so far I like it better than Wolcen and I'm about as far into game as Wolcen has so far.
Censored.
No, it's not fair but I like the gameplay better. For now. I never played Van Helsing so I can't speak of it. I can't compare it to GD yet because I haven't gotten far enough.
Censored.
On sale for couple more days. I never buy games at full price. Not when there are so many sales. Makes no sense and I tended to get pissy when I bought something at full price then, a wk later, WHOA it is on sale! So solution is don't pay full price.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
No, it's not fair but I like the gameplay better. For now. I never played Van Helsing so I can't speak of it. I can't compare it to GD yet because I haven't gotten far enough.

Try it. Its not the greatest by mechanic and has a lot of troubles but it has great lore with much easter eggs and fun. Youll laught not once or twice. Its a good game :)
64 bit. There is no other way? Well then this game will wait when it comes to me.
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 17, 2018, 7:24:59 AM
I played it a bit more now and have some more things to say. So i'm gonna give my honest preliminary review.

This game is clearly a work in progress. It is far from reaching a state where it feels complete - however, that said, it doesn't feel broken. What they have works and they are clearly fully intending to release as is and make it obvious that more things are coming over time in the game.

Examples: My forge(crafting station) i just finished researching all stuff and my forge power is just a bit over 50%. There is a system of radical/puritan depending on your choices as inquisitor - currently not enough choices in game to follow the full path, a path which in the ends rewards holy/daemonic weaponry which are not in game yet.

They have also laid out a quite serious plan of pushing content out consistently over the next few years and i for one could see them going through with that np.

The itemization is very generic, but also a lot of posts about that i have seen over time. One could imagine that in the next 1-2 years they may do an overhaul but for now it is a bit simplistic although not that bad.

The balance/polish is not fully there yet. Example: one of the most annoying "bugs" or whatever we wanna call it is that cutscenes remove all your buffs which is a real bummer and proper annoying if you rely on several(they can have long cooldowns and durations). That is probably my single major issue with this game at this point in time, so you can imagine there aren't many actually too serious issues and i'm sure they will handle that one too. I haven't had a single crash yet either and i think performance went up a bit after last patch too.

All in all, the game is unfinished but not broken. It is fun to play, at the very least the story i quite enjoy, and before you know it they will keep adding patches and content as they have planned and i'm sure making improvements and tweaks.

Final verdict: worth playing, probably will get boring too fast due to lack of content and also rather generic systems which means everything is very similar to what you have been doing since the very start of the game. Play now and earn various rewards from their content waves(for example this weekend kill 5k rebels and i get some random emote... But who knows what rewards will come. I am satisfied i bought it and played now, and then i can join in for events when i notice them after i have sated my desire to play it. It does tend to draw you in and steal too many hours before you notice it though, so be warned.

EDIT: I like my psyker - "The warp will consume me alive", "The price i pay for power", "I will shred your mind" or whatever it is he says - rofl it's real funny im unleashing these warp things when i get too much warp heat(all the time) so i'm having to be careful that i don't spawn some shit that's gonna kill myself i can spawn mostly damaging effects that's hunting me or sometimes demons but also sometimes 50% dmg buff for myself. In the end im flying all over the place i've found it a good tactic not to try too hard to reduce my warp heat and just keep moving so i'm gone from the stuff i spawn, plus i'm glass cannon so rushing into new stuff can get dangerous. Funny stuff.

EDIT2: There are also tons more skill points to be added in content. Read you can currently get somewhere around 80 points but devs said they had plans to reach upwards 200. One planet there is one guy that can give you some extra stuff once and you can run some missions and earn some more. I expect to see more of similar things in the future.

EDIT3: another example is the planetary system

There are 4 levels.

Sector, subsector, system and each planet

So one system might have 4-6 planets, and in the available subsector there are 6 systems. However from what i can decipher only 1 sector is available to us and from this only 1 subsector is in use which is all everyone are playing in atm and if i get it right it appears there are like 6-8 possible subsectors. Point being again, room for expansion later as content gets added.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 17, 2018, 4:11:25 PM
Oh, that's a good review. I'm not far enough to even craft yet. Maybe tonight?

Finally got crafting this afternoon. It seems a good system (not that I really understand it yet). Tarot deck is a neat idea for endgame content btw.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jun 17, 2018, 8:03:21 PM
I see you are on probation :( but will comment anyway. Yeah, the sound sounds a bit, dampened? Not sure that's right word. The music, on the other hand, is great, though one of the main themes sounds like it was partially lifted from Gladiator soundtrack. Also one doesn't hear it much or else it is so low I don't notice. Before going on about it, I should check my audio settings. DUH.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info