Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. Looking awesome. Anyone playing?

I'm taking an extended break from PoE and suddenly this game pops on my radar and into steam early access. Did a bit of reading, where they plan on taking it and I'm impressed. Bought it and downloading it now.

I looked through some gameplay vids here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQL_zntyehgtLwvfeCE98w/videos and it looks to be something to really sink my teeth into.

It's persistent - a must for any ARPG in my eyes -- there's only PoE and Diablo 3 right now, and I strongly dislike Diablo 3.

If anyone else dives in, let me know, message me, reply, throw a rock through my screen -- maybe we'll get something going since we already have PoE in common which has been my favorite ARPG of all time.

e: Playing it, really digging it.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Last edited by Psomm on Aug 31, 2017, 6:35:58 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 5:31:43 AM
It's a game I'm vaguely aware of. I'm partial to some 40k action and I do love ARPGs, but I think we've all been burned by a few disappointing 40k games - paying that much for one in Early Access is a risk I'm not willing to take. Especially now as I'm currently saving for a video card.

I'm a bit concerned that it'll be decent but not something I could sink a lot of time into - I'd only buy it if people I trusted gave it a shot, enjoyed the progression, and thought the game would be around for a while. And if it performed decently through WINE, assuming it remains an exclusive...
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
The thought of supporting anything from GW makes me a bit ill but this looks okay

i massively agree and i used to own tabletop armies of 40k , all the dawn of wars but their pricing and quality of products have just hit a massive decline and its getting old now.
meh i may shitpost a lot and come across as angry but i am indeed very rational - i was and still am a huge fan of warhammer 40k - i literally look forward toward any new release but tabletop is dead to me - too big of a timesink and hard to find people to play with in my area plus i kinda grew out of it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And your saltiness continues to be explained in surprisingly rational ways. :P

I'll wait for the return of Necromunda and bust out my old die-cast Cawdors.

do show some paintings when finished if you dont mind , im a sucker for well done figurines - albeit i always sucked at it myself.
haha okay , then we´ve something in common - i always admired painting tourneys and singledisplays of some crazy colorpatterns trying to recreate it and fail miserably at the proper ammount of paint applied plus brush maintenance , my b rushes looked like toiletsweepers after a few useages but i was 13 back then now 28 meh. maybe someday ill revisit this old hobby of mine.
This is interesting from a game design perspective - compared to the hack n slash.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Two things holding me back from trying this:
1) Neocore
2) price tag for an EA game

I liked neocore at one point...then after one of the van helsings was released, they had some set bugs and I pointed out how to fix it easily(edit a text file to have all pieces of the set refer to the same set name). They came across as incredibly hostile and I haven't touched any of their shit since.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
If you see me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off,
it´s propably due to far better games beeing called "lazy designers" compared to the w40k universes approach to putting the two most basic units against each other, n-word vs orks, lol.
Or did they recently design soldiers that lay eggs ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Just wanted to jump in and offer my brief opinion.
I am always very hesitant to jump in on early access games and in particular GW stuff as they have had a tendency to give their license to any old developer with often disastrous results, hell even when they give it to a big name like Relic, we end up with Dow3 which I will not speak about here.

I picked this game up about 3 days ago and honestly its fucking amazing, yes its Alpha and yes there are a few bugs BUT what is already here is not only extremely faithful to the 40K lore but is actually pretty deep with lots of grind but more importantly a LOT of fun.

I am an arpg fan having put over 6k hours into D3 ,who knows how many into D2 and a fair amount into PoE but this game (maybe I'm biased as I love 40K) has me hooked so far.

I just wanted to post this to maybe persuade anyone sitting on the fence atm, if you like arpg games and especially if you appreciate 40K you can't go wrong with this.

Neocore also do seem to be listening to bug/fan feedback and a lot of stuff gets fixed/added in patches, they also have a solid roadmap to release which is encouraging.

Lastly it's online only as D3 is and already has a great community and chat is always a good time while playing.

Get it !
Its good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info