[3.2] Spellomancer, facetank 95%, clear 99.9% of the game with ease. Budget, Shaper, Uber, HoGM ...

Is Doryani's Catalyst better than yours?

"
a779 wrote:
Hi

I'm new so please pardon the noob questions.

Why don't you use Flammability and Elemental Weakness? I'm assuming they don't work for Scorching Ray?

What do you think about spending the 4 points to use Temporal Chains as the 3rd curse (beside Vulnerability and Enfeeble)? Would that make things safer?

Thanks

Also I must say I love your guide. Things you say make more sense to me than some other guides do.

Flammability and Ele Weakness work with ray. I dont use them, cuz i want to have easy automated curses. For that best way is CwDT lvl 1 for my build. For the ele curses to be good, they need to be lvled, which makes them unusable with only lvl 1 CwDT and high lvl CwDT is not fast enough. While Enfeeble and Vulnerability r very good even at low lvls. You can always make Curse on Hit Orb of Storms, if u like.

I havent done the math and went with my gut feeling with curses. With EE and 8 stages of Ray u give mobs -74% fire resits. Meaning more and more -resits will be less and less effective. While Vulnerability is always 33% multiplier.

For 3rd curse not enough gem slots :)
I rather have extra 4 points and not giving up some gem, i use, then Temp Chains. At the beginning i had those points for double curse, until i got it on amu. If u rly want, just swap Vulnerability with Chains. I find Enf and Vuln good defensive and offensive combo, fits my needs. But all this is optional, u can always get gloves with Vuln corruption and have 3 curses.
Last edited by 1337fun on Sep 4, 2017, 1:29:12 PM
"
hlhr724 wrote:
Is Doryani's Catalyst better than yours?

No. It is still a good option tho. Kinda a middle ground between Brightbeak and my scepter.
I just get a Karui Sceptre

26% increased Elemental Damage

23% increased Spell Damage
52% increased Fire Damage
+19 to maximum Mana
+13 increased Cast Speed
{crafted}44% increased Spell Damage

its a good choices or not?
Last edited by hlhr724 on Sep 4, 2017, 1:48:44 PM
"
hlhr724 wrote:
I just get a Karui Sceptre

26% increased Elemental Damage

23% increased Spell Damage
52% increased Fire Damage
+19 to maximum Mana
+13 increased Cast Speed
{crafted}44% increased Spell Damage

its a good choices or not?

yes

Sry im new and 44% increased Spell Damage cant be crafted

its clashed

I need to buy another one

another question Can i use a dagger or a wand in this build?
Last edited by hlhr724 on Sep 4, 2017, 2:13:33 PM
Happen to have a video of you doing a map clear? I know you mentioned SR isn't the best(which I'm sort of aware of) but I wouldn't mind seeing the build do a map if you happen to have a video laying around :)
"
hlhr724 wrote:

Sry im new and 44% increased Spell Damage cant be crafted

its clashed

I need to buy another one

another question Can i use a dagger or a wand in this build?

With wand u cant use melee movement skill and dagger is is not good, since useless implicit.

"
Glendoor wrote:
Happen to have a video of you doing a map clear? I know you mentioned SR isn't the best(which I'm sort of aware of) but I wouldn't mind seeing the build do a map if you happen to have a video laying around :)

Been planning to make one.
I love the idea but I hate scorching ray because clear speed in maps, what spells can be used with the build?
"
ByR wrote:
I love the idea but I hate scorching ray because clear speed in maps, what spells can be used with the build?

Almost any spell u want and is good as a none crit build, Spark, Frostbolt, Arc, Firestorm ... . Chaos and phys spells can be used too, but not as good. Can scale elemental much better in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info