[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

Cant decide between this build and https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926743/page/1

Both use MS. Kinda prefer starkonja as head (3 proj for black sun crest doenst exist in the market aswell...).

Budget doesnt matter.
"
pyloniac wrote:
Cant decide between this build and https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926743/page/1

Both use MS. Kinda prefer starkonja as head (3 proj for black sun crest doenst exist in the market aswell...).

Budget doesnt matter.
I had a look at his tree/item in PoB, I spent about 15 mins (so not a huge amount of time) trying to get better results from it but it looks like BLS has much better DPS. I mean dropping from 800k per ball down to like 560k per ball. It could be that I didn't spend enough time changing everything up but it doesn't even look close. Max life was about the same.

But yea, if you can't get a Black sun with +3 (very rare, I had to farm lab to get mine), you can use any helm with +3, it just won't be min/maxed for DPS. You're looking at about a 5% drop in DPS with a +53 Strength helmet but a 4% increase in life with max life/hybrid rolls and you can get resistances on it which can really help out.

"
luckstar53 wrote:
In the dying sun flask, should we buy low AoE roll ? Because for touch the small targets?
Correct! To min/max, the lower the AoE the better to get more balls to land on single target.

"
sapphires wrote:
can this facetank shaper with out xoph's blood?
Yes it can face tank even without the Xoph's amulet. Really this build does DPS often enough and hits hard enough that with Cloaked in Savagery up it'll out leech Shaper DPS (except for the slam). When I was 1st started doing Shaper I didn't have the amulet and was sitting at like 5.8k life and face tanking.

"
Drupy20 wrote:
Awesome build. I went with the resistance with shields wheel which opened up some nice damage mods on rings.

What is your tooltip in hideout? I'm still only 83 but wanted to gauge my damage as I level
I need to rebuild the character, I use this guy to do bosses, but I also play a wander for mapping. Once I have enough Guardian maps I can swap over and check tooltip DPS sometime this weekend.
Dedicated Kiwi~
I dont understand why but I tried importing your character to PoB, adding skill gems and all but cannot get the 800k dps like the PoB theorycraft (I can get your character to ~180k dps at most). Most of the build use unique items so the variable range should not be that huge, right?
"
wiwigvn wrote:
I dont understand why but I tried importing your character to PoB, adding skill gems and all but cannot get the 800k dps like the PoB theorycraft (I can get your character to ~180k dps at most). Most of the build use unique items so the variable range should not be that huge, right?
Turn on flasks, update the configurations, 21/20 gems, The theorycraft is min/maxing, I'm not min/maxed and have taken gems out as I'm not playing on him atm.

I've linked the PoB, you can check that to see what's differences.
Dedicated Kiwi~
"
RenoFox wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Turn on flasks, update the configurations, 21/20 gems, The theorycraft is min/maxing, I'm not min/maxed and have taken gems out as I'm not playing on him atm.

I've linked the PoB, you can check that to see what's differences.

Thanks a lot. It seems each of the rare gears (incl rare jewels) contribute a lot dps to the build so without them the dps cannot reach that high.
"
pyloniac wrote:

Budget doesnt matter.

Brutus better imo. But map clearing will be better with atziri disfavour (not corrected just my idea)

Why is The Taming Prismatic Ring in your PoB description for Ele prolif only (instead of Empower I guess) but Ele prolif is not in your PoB gem setup but in the guide-gem setup here but without Taming ring? Confused.

Can I used The Taming + Ele prolif or Empower + Rare ring? Which is better?
Last edited by pyloniac on Sep 6, 2017, 5:30:56 PM
Just killed Shaper at level 87, first time killing him on any character. The single target is great, the clear speed is really what lacks but it's acceptable on a 6L. My only change was the swap for shield charge since it's a bit faster in my opinion and I'm a very pro leap slam person.

I don't have the +3 Molten Strike enchant, losing my helm drops me 600+ life and doesn't allow me to use my dex gems. I honestly don't know if it's worth it...it probably is.
"
vantro wrote:
Just killed Shaper at level 87, first time killing him on any character. The single target is great, the clear speed is really what lacks but it's acceptable on a 6L. My only change was the swap for shield charge since it's a bit faster in my opinion and I'm a very pro leap slam person.

I don't have the +3 Molten Strike enchant, losing my helm drops me 600+ life and doesn't allow me to use my dex gems. I honestly don't know if it's worth it...it probably is.

Have you tried Spectral Throw? That's what I used to clear trash last league as BLS. I had 2 separate 6L bellies that I would swap between for trash/bosses. Not the most cost effective solution, but cost wasn't an issue for me. Cheers!
"
pyloniac wrote:
Why is The Taming Prismatic Ring in your PoB description for Ele prolif only (instead of Empower I guess) but Ele prolif is not in your PoB gem setup but in the guide-gem setup here but without Taming ring? Confused.

Can I used The Taming + Ele prolif or Empower + Rare ring? Which is better?
Sorry about the confusion, The Taming is better DPS for Min/Maxing.

Yes, The Taming does add more damage to the build with ignite and shock up. If you're talking about Shaper, it can't be frozen and hard to always shock. The totem itself doesn't do that much damage, it's used to buff you. So if you want you can:
Ancestral Protector - Empower - Ele prolif - increased duration.
The empower add 2% more attack speed to you so it's worth keeping imo.

"
vantro wrote:

Congratz on 1st time Shaper, that's really cool to hear!
I also use shield charge, it just feels better for getting around.
Just want to make sure you're using Sunder for maps/clearing. If clearing/mapping is really important you can also switch out Conc effect for Inc AoE. And if you want to go even further, take out multi-strike as Sunder kills most trash in 1 hit anyway. This build is a boss killer, it'll never map as well as wander and archers.

"
snuze wrote:
Have you tried Spectral Throw? That's what I used to clear trash last league as BLS. I had 2 separate 6L bellies that I would swap between for trash/bosses. Not the most cost effective solution, but cost wasn't an issue for me. Cheers!
I also played around with Spec throw for testing, it didn't feel as good as Sunder partly because of damage is much lower, the sttack speed on this build isn't as high as 'real' spec throw builds and like you said, need another 6L body armour. Sadly Sunder is as good as it gets for melee characters.
Dedicated Kiwi~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info