[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

can i use Abberath's Hooves?
deleted
Last edited by Lilwick on Mar 22, 2024, 12:39:51 PM
"
AshRox wrote:
@ Op, Just wanna pass by to extend my gratitude for this build. A left-handed old dog here, that loves playing ARPG games(got hooked on this game lately) and I'd say it is a blast. I'm currently filling up my lower tier atlas but so far face tanking bosses(even without VP atm, un-optimized flask) is a breeze, trash clearing might not be like some dps oriented glass cannon build. Well at my age, I don't have the ninja reflexes to play such, so this build is just right for me.

Nonetheless, I would appreciate if you can skim through my character and critique/suggest on how to improve the current state of the gears(excluding the recommended uniques). Most of it are placeholders, there are lots of nice rings/jewels/helmet/belts but i can't pull the trigger knowing most are overpriced.

Ty in advance.

Edit: forgot, that i gotta do merc lab.
a couple of cheap/free/quality of life recommendations:
  • It looks like you're not capped on cold resist, uncraft the fire res on the chest armour and change it to cold resist.
  • If you want the game to be even easier/lazier, you don't need the blood rage/vaal shock trap. Trade them for cast when damage taken (level 1), Firestorm (level 38), Molten Shell (level 10). This will help keep you alive since you have the OP leech from Cloaked in Savagery.
  • With the free leech from the new CWDT change, if you feel comfortable you can remove 1-2 life flask and/or the Granite flask for either Silver and/or Sulfur flask. The silver flask just makes the game feel more smooth with the 20% movement/attack speed.
  • If you don't already use sunder for mapping just because it feels better then Molten strike.
  • I noticed you have an open jewel socket, maybe get a cheap 3 stat jewel just so it's not wasted (and maybe spend 1 more skill point on the other jewel socket).

Hi Reno, just got the time to check on the forums and wasn’t expecting the detailed suggestions on my post.

As an update, done the merc lab, cap resists, added some +life(currently at 6.2k hp), bought/change some flasks and slotted Inertia jewel on open slot. It always slips my mind to change to CWDT/Firestorm/Molten Shell but had already done T13,14 & 15 maps for shaper’s orb, farming T10-13 easily with the current set-up. Changing to this CWDT/FS/M.Shell setup will let me respec that fat +30 dex point.

There were few deaths here and there due to mistakes, lack or no knowledge of the boss mechanics, high latency(120-150ms) on most days.

+Additional Molten Strike enchantment on affordable helm is so hard to come by or unjustly price. I still got 2 map trials to finish that will bolster the damage.

But overall, I’m enjoying running red maps to test the build’s endurance which so far has proven it. With your suggestions, I guess I’m ready to tackle the guardians.
Lol, guess what.. I facetanked uber izaro at lvl 67. What a joke!!. had 35k buffed molten strike orbs and he got melted anyway. Now my unbuffed molten strike dps is 70k in hideout.

Few questions

1) What is the safe limit for life for mapping higher tiers(lvl 12 and above) with some crazy mods such as crit chance and multi. is 5.5k enough? because its risk charging into mobs with these and u got crit hit with 2 mobs in succession == instadead. Happened to me when I was playing raider VP build and 5k life.

Right now my projection with trash gear at lvl 90 is over 6k life.

2) Also regarding EO, how often do you think it will proc because we have max 10% crit chance and it is really worth going 3 points to get it.

3) if we have high life (> 6k) why do we need unvawering stance as it almost impossible to be stunned. Also running two cwdt (one high level and one low) is a life saver lol. Saved by that so many times... good job on that one.

4) shield charge is very tricky sometimes, esp in the corners... is leap slam a better choice?

5) Again my projection at lvl 90 with crappy gear is 500k fully buffed molten strike damage and 7 projectiles. That equates to 3.5mil dps. I guess that should be enough to melt all the bosses. So is it better to invest that currency in maybe jewels with global crit chance for EO procs, instead of getting molten strike projectiles on helm.

6) please take a look at my tree and char and suggest any other less obvious upgrades
hey buddy still leveling, got most of the gear... my question is the +3 helmet, is it better fo farm for myself or buy any of those devotos/rats nest/ tempest binding? thx for the answer, will give you feedback for the build once i hit 90
where on the tree you add in the "inertia" jewels?
So I read through basically almost all the posts. Is it possible that you can update the gem section with other gem setups we can use with a description to go along with it so we can make our choices. Ex: We're not using The Taming, we want more damage, we want to be more tanky etc. Thank you in advance. Leveling this build right now after shopping for a good 3 hours.
good build. hope u can answer.
Last edited by FamousAzzkicker on Oct 20, 2017, 8:07:02 PM
Thanks for this guide. I was able to kill Uber Atziri for the first time and my gear is not optimized, the dps is crazy. Shaper was also no problem. Was thinking of optimizing further but at this point... why? Very strong build, respeced my DP Zerker to this, glad I did.
Shaper down Molten Strike low bugget not use Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet
https://youtu.be/43gBkZahgkw
Uber Atziri down brutus Molten Strike low bugget not use Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet
https://youtu.be/2CVojyQAML0
Last edited by pan090 on Oct 21, 2017, 10:31:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info