[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

"
andrey476 wrote:
thx for the build shaper down bois

got the taming i have 30ex gear worth on him

i even forgot to turn on my auras cleared tier15 crazy best build ever done

What gear did you do him with, Im just curious, looking through people playing this build that has done shaper to see what I should be working towards, your profile is also not public so just wondering (:
Hey, what do you think about getting some mace nodes on the passive tree?
What is a good tooltip damage to aim for on molten strike?
"
Tobinator wrote:
how do u have so many skill points for the leveling skill Tree for level 17 already 38 points
You're right it can be a bit confusing, i'll look into changing it. To answer you question, it's just the level it says is required on PoB (which doesn't think about what level you do the quests that give passive points).

"
bobveka wrote:
Question resolved, deleting text.
Glad I could help =P

"
imrawn wrote:
I have to say thank you for the build. I got my first guardian and Shaper kills tonight as well with this build and like you said, full face tank. Though wasn't deathless, had 1 portal left lol. Most of my deaths were to the silver orbs and terrible placements especially during bubble phase, really don't know wtf to do there.

I played blade flurry before this with the intentions of killing bosses but I apparently don't have the mechanical skills to play a glass cannon cause I kinda suck at dodging things and the currency to just dps through the phases fast enough.

Though I did change a few things, I'm running Arctic Armour, Anger and HoA for my auras with CWDT flammability. Mostly cause I felt squishy in maps without AA. I'm still a noob when it comes to path of building but I'm planning to craft
and replace Meginord's. Just gambling to see how much damage I'm gonna lose for a faster shield charge. Also been running Uber lab on my runner for the +3 proj, no luck what so ever.
That's great to hear! I have the same issue some times when I'm too lazy to dodge things like slams and lose a couple of portals which is cool because we're on softcore.
Yea, I don't like blade flurry either, just doesn't feel right for my play style.
Yea the gloves are 100% replaceable, they're just the easiest cheapest option which gives a nice boost of 100 str. Once you have more $$ definitely replace them, Gripped gloves are the BIS.

"
AshRox wrote:
@ Op, Just wanna pass by to extend my gratitude for this build. A left-handed old dog here, that loves playing ARPG games(got hooked on this game lately) and I'd say it is a blast. I'm currently filling up my lower tier atlas but so far face tanking bosses(even without VP atm, un-optimized flask) is a breeze, trash clearing might not be like some dps oriented glass cannon build. Well at my age, I don't have the ninja reflexes to play such, so this build is just right for me.

Nonetheless, I would appreciate if you can skim through my character and critique/suggest on how to improve the current state of the gears(excluding the recommended uniques). Most of it are placeholders, there are lots of nice rings/jewels/helmet/belts but i can't pull the trigger knowing most are overpriced.

Ty in advance.

Edit: forgot, that i gotta do merc lab.
a couple of cheap/free/quality of life recommendations:
  • It looks like you're not capped on cold resist, uncraft the fire res on the chest armour and change it to cold resist.
  • If you want the game to be even easier/lazier, you don't need the blood rage/vaal shock trap. Trade them for cast when damage taken (level 1), Firestorm (level 38), Molten Shell (level 10). This will help keep you alive since you have the OP leech from Cloaked in Savagery.
  • With the free leech from the new CWDT change, if you feel comfortable you can remove 1-2 life flask and/or the Granite flask for either Silver and/or Sulfur flask. The silver flask just makes the game feel more smooth with the 20% movement/attack speed.
  • If you don't already use sunder for mapping just because it feels better then Molten strike.
  • I noticed you have an open jewel socket, maybe get a cheap 3 stat jewel just so it's not wasted (and maybe spend 1 more skill point on the other jewel socket).

"
wiwigvn wrote:
One question pls, can I make something similar with Slayer? Just lazy to reroll and personally want to try Slayer for melee this league. Have a starforge ready but not sure whether to go starforge or BLS. I'm also a lazy player (just want to facetank most of time)
Starforge will 100% not work with this build, I'm sure you can figure out why. Had a quick look at PoB with Slayer/Duelist, can not recommend it either, really turns into a different build from the one in this thread.

"
PunkSviin wrote:
Awsome build! Farmed shaper 4 times yesterday easy. Died a few times but only becuse im lazy..

Got a quetion though. I feel i lacking some damage, not much just a tiny bit. Was thinking about getting curse ele weakness on hit gloves and use haste aura aswell for AS what do you think about that?
Also thinking about getting devotos for the decterity and Attackspeed what you think about that?

Im missing the helm enchant and my jewels needs to get 4 damage affixes. But yeah, thx for an awsome build!
Thank you.
If you're specifically looking for more damage:
  • Yea, CoH ele weakness + Anger + Herald of ash does do more damage, slightly.
  • According to PoB Devoto would reduce your damage from a Black sun.
  • 15% to 20% attack speed on the BLS is an increase of about 4% more damage, could be worth it
  • Quality on Gems can add a lot of damage for very little cost imo
  • Can look at replcaning the gloves for rares with elemental res so that you can 3 damage stats on jewels because you don't even need life on the jewels. This would add the most imo.
Now if you just want more attack speed for quality of life, sure use haste and/or Devoto.

"
Here is a Corrupted T16 Forge of the Phoenix run I did at level 79
https://youtu.be/FgqYMmRyVyo
Awesome thanks for the video, will add it to the main post!

"
Chridian wrote:
So I just wanted to share a story with you here, all the while I praise you for this build.
So throughout the league I have leveled several characters, some more fun and successful than others.
I finally settled down with Ngamahus, got it to level 92, got slightly bored.
My friend suggested, hey try the brutus sprinkler build, its almost identical to ngamahus skilltree, and so I did.
And from leveling my whispering ice I remembered I had the helmet too, little did I know (or remember) I got the +3 molten strike proj enchant on it from way back.
So here I am now, enjoying the everloving hell out of this build, sunder feels pretty darn good to clear with and molten strike, well, it does incredibly well as a boss killer.
So thank you so much for this build, it is a blast!
Quick question though, how much is the fire dmg enchant on boots worth, like, is it noticeable?
edit: Actually let me link my gear and have the experts tell me what i need to work on!
Thanks man, that's great to hear.
Wow gratz on getting that helm enchant, it's worth so a lot if nothing else!
Yea looking at PoB you can get about a 5-6% more damage from the boot enchantment, but it only works if you've killed recently so isn't the best for boss killing.

"
Evilpat wrote:
Which spells do you recommand to use 1-68 before getting all the uniques?
Sunder for leveling all the way no doubt.

"
andrey476 wrote:
thx for the build shaper down bois

got the taming i have 30ex gear worth on him

i even forgot to turn on my auras cleared tier15 crazy best build ever done
Thanks, I'm glad so many people enjoy this build.

"
drkkbr wrote:
Hey, what do you think about getting some mace nodes on the passive tree?
When I 1st made the tree I looked at mace nodes, they're not that great tbh. Lots of them are physical damage, and we don't scale that much off of physical damage.

"
daved86 wrote:
What is a good tooltip damage to aim for on molten strike?
I don't have my guy geared up at the moment so I wouldn't be able to say. Tbh, tool tip isn't that great because it only shows the initial physical hit and not the important part, the magma balls.
Dedicated Kiwi~
"
TheAtaraxi wrote:
I think the Free Market (TM) has heard of you 9 mill dps and decided to up the cost of everything.

Jewels are selling for 50, Sprinklers are selling for 250, 15% blacksuns are selling for 20c, etc.

Sprinklers at 250? Must be price fixers. They are 5ex min. Have been for over a month.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 1, 2017, 8:52:25 PM
Hello, I want to thank you for this build and this sharing of experience that you made with all the players about this one, thank you again :).

I have a question about this
http://i.imgur.com/fm5XXSR.png
This represents the best gem for damage?
View that you use armor instead for survival the table of gems is it viable for the shapers? or you made them with armor?

Thanks you :)

edit : sorry if you do not understand everything I use a translator this is not my original language .
Last edited by Jim91360 on Oct 2, 2017, 2:51:30 AM
"
Jim91360 wrote:
Hello, I want to thank you for this build and this sharing of experience that you made with all the players about this one, thank you again :).

View that you use armor instead for survival the table of gems is it viable for the shapers? or you made them with armor?

edit : sorry if you do not understand everything I use a translator this is not my original language .

Yes, the picture shows the best auras for damage. But if you are ok with a bit less damage you could use Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour instead of Anger. Will add a bit off defense. And the build already does a good amount of damage, so losing a bit is no problem if it means to get more defense. Shaper should be no problem with both of these setups.
How do you feel about kaom's instead of unwavering stance?
I altered ur build a bit to be a lot more heavy in the farming aspects.
Please take a look! :)
"
MrCookie4 wrote:

Well, this build is a Boss farmer. No IIQ/IIR needed there, has pretty much 0 effect while bossing. It will have an effect while farming maps, but why use this build as a map farmer? There are builds 10 times faster out there for that.

Question:

Is "The Taming" really that good? Because we are using Elemental Focus, so no status ailments for us. And it is pretty expensive if you have to buy it. For that amount we should be able to get two rare rings with WED, life, resists and str. That should be much better than wearing a The Taming when we have no way to proc it.

EDIT: Ok, so our Totem can proc it. But thats mainly used for boss fights. I'm just not convinced it is worth it :D I mean, I had the 3 Bereks rings collecting dust and made a Taming, but thinking good Str, WED and life rings would be the better choice.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 3, 2017, 4:11:11 AM
"
Jim91360 wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/fm5XXSR.png = best setup for best damage.

"
MrCookie4 wrote:
I really like the 18% Str, and unwavering stance isn't out of the way. So 18% more Str > 1 skill point.

"
Mecielle wrote:
Question:

Is "The Taming" really that good? Because we are using Elemental Focus, so no status ailments for us. And it is pretty expensive if you have to buy it. For that amount we should be able to get two rare rings with WED, life, resists and str. That should be much better than wearing a The Taming when we have no way to proc it.

EDIT: Ok, so our Totem can proc it. But thats mainly used for boss fights. I'm just not convinced it is worth it :D I mean, I had the 3 Bereks rings collecting dust and made a Taming, but thinking good Str, WED and life rings would be the better choice.
I put in my PoB that The Taming isn't even the best, a GG Opal ring can get more out of it. TBH I feel like I shouldn't recommend The Taming because most people won't be using it right/most of the time it won't work that well.
Dedicated Kiwi~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info