[3.1] Ngamahu Cyclone Zerker by Waldgaist (Shaper and Guardians farmer)

Hey Guys
im Waldgaist and im a big fan of fire themed builds.
I already played an Ngamahu Cyclone Pathfinder last league and decided to give it a go as a berserker this league. So here is my take on one of the coolest builds in poe.

This Build still works great in 3.1! For Bosskilling Zerker is still the way to go and for general mapping i would recommend playing a slayer

Changelog
07th January 2018 - Updated Passive Tree
7th September 2017 - Added Uber Atziri Video
5th September 2017 - updated my item setup
4th September 2017 - Added Changelog
4th September 2017 - Added flask and tips section
4th September 2017 - Added stats section
4th September 2017 - Added build description section
4th September 2017 - Added Pantheon section

What differs this build from other Ngamahu's Cyclone ones
There are three good ascendancy classes for an Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone build: Raider, Slayer and Berserker. Each one of them has it's own pros and cons. Raiders are focussing heavily on frenzy charges, attack speed and movement speed for great clear speed while mapping. Slayers are looking to be fast, tanky and efficent uber-lab runners while not using vaal pact. And Berserkers are focussing on tankiness and damage.

Most Ngamahu Cyclone Berserker builds are taking a lot of dmg nodes and are playable with a fairly low budget. This build instead focuses heavily on hp while not dealing less damage then those budget builds due to optimal gear choices. I created this version of the Ngamahu Zerker because i want more HP (currently at 8582) to farm Guardians and the Shaper easier while streaming. I tend to often look at the chat mid-fight ^_^

Pros and Cons
Pros:
- a lot of HP (up to over 8k)
- Vaal Pact with awesome Leech Rate
- Resolute Technique (no need for accuracy)
- good damage
- stun immune due to how cyclone works
- good farm char for Shaper and Guardians
- Uber Atziri viable

Cons:
- can't run ele reflect map mods without proper preparation
- can't run cannot leech map mods
- not as fast as a raider (movement speed wise)
- expensive build for new players

Bandits
I highly recommend to kill all bandits

Pantheon
Major
The best choice is Soul of Lunaris. It gives u to 8% physical damage reduction and movement speed which also helps our clearspeed a little. Also we get 5% spell and atatck dodge combined with a chance to avoid projectiles. It is by far our best option here.

Minor
You have two options here. The first one is Soul of Gruthkul which gives you up to 5% physical damage reduction. Combined with Soul of Lunaris you have a total of 13% physical damage reduction which is almost as good as a basalt flask! If you have troubles with elemental reflect (might be a problem if you are not elemental weakness capped in a red map) you can choose Soul of Yugul which reduces reflected damage by 25%.

Gear
My Item Setup

Weapon
This build utilizes the Ngamahu's Flame Axe which is why it is a must have item. Make sure to get one with decent rolls (~220%ipd,~10%ias). If you have enough currency you can also buy a corrupted one with +2 to weapon range. You don't have to 5 or 6 link the axe. Just make sure to 6 socket it.

Helmet
You want to use an Eternal/Royal Burgonet Helmet with the cyclone damage enchantment. As for stats you are looking for high life and resists. A good int roll is also very good since it frees up your rings from getting int.

Body Armour
You have two choices in this item slot. Either a Carcass Jack or a Belly of the Beast. If you don't have a +2 weapon range axe i would recommend using a Carcass Jack.

Gloves
You want to use Spiked Gloves for this slot. And again you are looking for high life and high resists and if possible a flat phys roll. If you are already good on resists an increased attack speed roll would be awesome.

Boots
The best base for boots are Titan Greaves. Again look for high life and resists and also 30% increased movement speed. Do no invest in boots with less than 30 movespeed.

Belt
You can use a Rustic Sash or a Leather Belt. I prefer a leather belt since im already satisfied with my dmg. You are looking for high life, high strength and high resists. If possible try to have one open prefix so you can mastercraft movement speed with tora on it.

Amulet
Xoph's Blood is by far the best item on this slot. There is no reason to take any other amulet!

Rings
As for rings try to get good Steel Rings with high flat phys, high life and resists. If possible elemental damage with attack skills would be an awesome addition. Also you can get int on one of your rings if you are still lacking it.

Jewels
You want to try to get at least triple stat jewels with life and two damage mods (area damage, phys damage with axes, attack speed with axes, attack speed with two-handed weapons, phys dmg with two-handed weapons and fire damage). Try not to get increased melee physical damage since this stat only affects your cyclone and not your molten burst damage.

Gem Setups
Weapon

Body Armour

Swap in conc effect for inc aoe when you wanna kill a big boss

Helmet

Gloves

Boots

Stats

All screenshots were taken in my hideout with Herald of Ash and Blasphemy Flammability active.

Flask management and tips for Guardians and Shaper
Hydra
Do not waste your flask charges until she disappears and reappiers the first time. After she reappiers the first time press all your flasks and kill her without going to a second add phase.

Minotaur
You can start popping your flasks as soon as you hit him the first time. You will get enough charges from his adds back until he is dead. If you are running him on difficult mods try not to fight him under two or more overlapped stonefall aoe's.

Phoenix
You start the fight like the Minotaur one. Attack him and pop your flasks. Try to stay on him almost all the time. As soon as he is doing his explosion leap away from him and kill one or two of his adds. Repeat this till he is dead.

Chimera
Try not to use any of your flasks while fighting him. Use your flasks for the add phases since they will do way more damage then him and you want to kill them as quickly as possible. For the smoke phase which occurs after every add phase you want to have one use of your lions roar and life flask so you are able to sustain his damage till you find him. Also you can facetank every attack he is doing so don't be too scared of him.

Shaper
Pre Shaper
Try not to use any flasks on the fourth encounter this way you have all you charges up when you are entering the arena.

Phase I
Do not use any flasks at the beginning because he most likely will make his slam attack which you need to dodge and therefore you will lose a lot of the flask effect uptime. Use your flasks whenever he is firing his laser as this leads to almost 100% effective flask effect uptime.

Phase II
Again you don't want to press your flasks as soon as he's targetable. The chances of him slamming or starting a Zana red bubble phase are to high. Make sure to use your flasks while he is doing his DragonBall Z impression.

Phase III
As you already know... yeah, don't waste your flasks at the beginning. You can use your flasks once when he is lasering. If you don't get an add phase after that wait till his clone pops up and use your flasks again to face tank his clones laser or frostballs.

Last edited by waldgaist on Jan 6, 2018, 11:10:13 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2018, 4:11:17 PM
Thats a very nice build. I love the return of investment! *thumb up*
No vaal pact or Atziri's Aquity, not a SLayer = I don't think so.
"

You must be blind, Sir. This build utilizes vp. And slayer is bad af btw ;)
"
waldgaist wrote:
"

Slayer is worse than Berserker, ya. But it is a runner up for lab farmer. Anyways sorry. Thought I saw your build didn't take VP, was like....ya,no :P
Nice build!

May I know the tool-tip dmg for molten burst and cyclone?
Pantheon?
"
"
waldgaist wrote:
"

Slayer is worse than Berserker, ya. But it is a runner up for lab farmer. Anyways sorry. Thought I saw your build didn't take VP, was like....ya,no :P

Got ya. All good :D
"
SmiteThee88 wrote:
Nice build!

May I know the tool-tip dmg for molten burst and cyclone?

Sure. 16.351 avg dmg on molten burst and 108.705 dps on cyclone while in hideout with herald of ash active.

Gonna add a stat section when im gonna update the guide ;)
"
TheGrammaton wrote:
Pantheon?

Lunaris and gruthkul or yugul. Gonna add pantheons to this guide. Thanks for reminding me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info