A Rant on map bosses and why 3.0.0 is a massive letdown (casual player)

"

Prisus, im not bashing you or anything , but just try to understand the game's problems from your answers.

Apologies. My intent was not to frustrate or offend. I was just putting out some suggestions that's all. I'm not saying what you are doing isn't right or wrong. I also don't disagree with your basic premise of bosses have too much health and are still unrewarding.

The new boss life has annulled the way you build many skills in this game now. Damage effectiveness is everything. Stormcall's natural duration tag has always caused it to feel a bit clunky unless you stack dps like crazy. It's th nature of the skill and many other lightning skills share its affliction.

I was simply stating that because of boss changes, etc it would be more beneficial to you to build crit.
Primary reason for inquisitor suggestion is that it would allow you to remove lightning pen from your links and focus on crit since you would bypass all resistances on crit you would do more effective damage.

Crit multiplier (even with the nerfs) is still the most effective way to scale certain spells in this game where damage effectiveness and gem scaling is mediocre.

I was just trying to help.
Roll zerker get VP and you ll be fine, can even brew some coffee/make food while killing the map boss
The problem with the bos in PoE is very obvious from someone coming from D3.

In D3, there are 2 type of 'maps', the normal map up 17th Tier or so, call rift. then there is Greater rift is is endless Tier (sky the limit)

In normal map, the boss drop a guaranteed Greater rift key which is need to play greater Rift map, as well as a guaranteed amount of a useful currency base on Tier level. On top of that loot typical of the boss. On top of that, guaranteed experience bonus

The Greater rift boss will drop a ton of loot on kill, in fact, he/she is the only one taht will drop loot, so the whole mapping is focus on only one thing, kill mobs. On top of that guaranteed currencies as well ability to upgrade your gems levels.

So the reward is worth the effort & risk, & amid the RNG, there is certain level of certainty of the rewards.

In PoE, map boss have a chance to drop a +2 Tier map (a chance only, RNG baby), & slightly better loot than your average mob gang. Yet the boss is disportionally higher risk & take much longer relative to the regular mobs in the same map. The reward don't justified the risk (exp lost), unless you either want to gain Atlas bonus (1 time only) or you are OP against him & can take him down easily.

My recommendation would be map boss to garanteed at least current tier map up to +2 Tier, on top of better loot & exp bonus.
Want a good advice OP? Focus on an aoe build, get a bisco collar and ignore the boss as well as the autists on this thread telling you that ''boss is supposed to take X amount of time'' while they play bullshit RF builds and Ancestral Warchief. To put it mildly, GGG fucked up in 3.0 and since the boss drop is dogshit anyway, might as well just focus on builds that can destroy waves (GGG nerfed pack size too cause reasons but at least bisco might help there).
'why i cannot kill end-game (red maps) bosses with act10-level gear and setup'

end-game is for end-game ready characters. your gear is random collection of thrash. you build spellcaster as non-crit where game assumes you WILL scale it with crit. again - your gear is entry-level garbage.

if you want to tackle end-game, dress up for the occasion next time
Yes now to make all the cry-baby whiners who complain about bosses not being instant kills satisfied(but but why would i fight when its not extremely rewarding) happy, listen to their criticism, and shift 40% of the expected map drops to the boss.

Then they can suck it and be forced to fight a boss because now it's rewarding with no efficiency compromise because the meta will adjust.

Also as for OP, there really isn't any nice way to put this except you pretty much have all your itemization and nearly all your gems slots unused and thereby is taking advantage of next to none of the powerful stuff that's gonna push your character ahead.

But ofc, we're somewhat back to GGG failing in their game design which leads to things being totally imbalanced and reactions such as the OP. Its all laid out in the game design, people will forever be people the paths and the specifics of the game guides people according to normal psychology to interact with the game in the way that they do. Therefore most of it actually comes back to the game devs however much unwilling they are to accept it. It is ignorant not to be able to recognize that. YOu should use your intuition and tell yourself it is not good enough that the design could be made in a better way and not accept anything less. Which brings me back to remind me of why i'm not giving feedback to the game anymore. There just is no point, the game is what it is and i look elsewhere for the future of arpgs.

But it also makes me happy that no one has a clue how to make the best arpg's, because therein lies my future, hopefully. At least that is where i set sail for, because i see the enormous untapped potential in arpg's and know there is a huge future for the ones with the insights, will and endurance to bring that vision to life.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

No Flashy Item Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1317366
"
Yes now to make all the cry-baby whiners who complain about bosses not being instant kills satisfied(but but why would i fight when its not extremely rewarding) happy, listen to their criticism, and shift 40% of the expected map drops to the boss.

Then they can suck it and be forced to fight a boss because now it's rewarding with no efficiency compromise because the meta will adjust.

Also as for OP, there really isn't any nice way to put this except you pretty much have all your itemization and nearly all your gems slots unused and thereby is taking advantage of next to none of the powerful stuff that's gonna push your character ahead.

But ofc, we're somewhat back to GGG failing in their game design which leads to things being totally imbalanced and reactions such as the OP. Its all laid out in the game design, people will forever be people the paths and the specifics of the game guides people according to normal psychology to interact with the game in the way that they do. Therefore most of it actually comes back to the game devs however much unwilling they are to accept it. It is ignorant not to be able to recognize that. YOu should use your intuition and tell yourself it is not good enough that the design could be made in a better way and not accept anything less. Which brings me back to remind me of why i'm not giving feedback to the game anymore. There just is no point, the game is what it is and i look elsewhere for the future of arpgs.

But it also makes me happy that no one has a clue how to make the best arpg's, because therein lies my future, hopefully. At least that is where i set sail for, because i see the enormous untapped potential in arpg's and know there is a huge future for the ones with the insights, will and endurance to bring that vision to life.

Lol are you by any chance one of the ''qualified experts'' Chris loves to brag about? Could explain why the game's balance is going down the drainer :D .
POE is not designed for casuals. Only the hardcore players who study builds and sandbox their ideas in a simulator like POB will be able to comfortably complete all content.

Being a casual and casually playing the game while trying to figure things out for yourself is both punishing and unrewarding. You literally get so little out of the game, and find yourself constantly hitting a solid brick wall with no way to easily get out of it because you'd need something like 40-50 respec points to try your build in another direction, which you're not even sure will work.

Welcome to POE :)

My advice is that if you're going to be a casual player, sheep a streamer and see what kind of builds they're doing so you have a template to follow, otherwise you're just going to have a bad time all around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info