A Rant on map bosses and why 3.0.0 is a massive letdown (casual player)

I’m a casual player and don’t play the meta.

Before you introduced the Atlas of World I’ve never cared that much about maps.
I was able to play up to tier 4 maps and nothing more than that.

but after the AoW expansion I was able to get myself to some low tier red maps for the first time.

with the new expansion: the fall of oriath, it feels to me that you decided to take the entire mapping concept and turn it to complete shit by FURTHER nerfing XP and ridiculously buffing the life of the bosses

take a look at my build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEswmqDc0QWBEPFLAWbxo4Gmwb8RzOHwIkqiTYJy8rJitQLJwtfS3SMjQ2iTbFNuk6WDrYPAU9X0WdRtdJT0wtTLNSU1NSValVxlZIWfNqAWpDcWJxhXIPcql1KnYRdqx-r37Hgh6Cm4PbhTKFbYuMjRmQVZctl5WXtJo7muCdrp8-n9-iAKcIrJisqq2Nr6exQrWFvKq86sBmwJrBtMT2zLfPftV11YHVptgk2V_Z_Nq52t3djOAS42rkIuTs5YvqGOvu7DjtPO9Q73z06fcy-d3-VA==?accountName=HeavyFerrum&characterName=OriathAreFlattards

summery:
on the tree, I took every possible defense and damage node that is relevant to my stormcaller

if you haven’t noticed, I got fucking 64% light pen on a +2 to light gems with Agnerod

even without and map mods
Just dare to say I don’t have enough damage.

So please GGG explain to me,
AM I SUPPOSE TO FIGHT A BOSS FOR 5 MINUTES?????????????
5 GODDAMN FREAKING MINUTES TO TAKE DOWN A DAMN BOSS???

Actually, I got no problem with that!
but what is my reward for that?

FUCKING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
NOT A SINGLE DAMN THING!!!!!

no maps
no currency
and not a single decent rare item

rare essence mobs are more rewarding.
HELL, harbingers now are more rewarding!!
A Breach is worth 20 map bosses kills

so, what is the ACTUAL point of a BOSS in a MAP?

WHY the most unrewarding thing in the map have billions of HP??

WHAT IS THE POINT?

I was sure that you will change the entire map tiers and levels and blend them with the new act 5 areas and bosses, I was SO disappointed to discover that you did nothing of that and instead the only thing you did is nerfing density and linearly blowing out of proportion the bosses HP without REVIEWING any of the problem that it can cause.

That is seriously bad balancing IMO

3.0.0 is a massive disappointment.
Act 10 Kitava is absolute Bullshit.
Performance is at its worst state than ever even though every single patch you say it has been improved.
disconnects and crashes all over the place.
and the game aside leveling has stayed the same and now even worst.

I Know that nobody cares, But I think that I've done with this league.

Another day , Another chaos
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 10:02:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You seem to be a relatively new player.

Your skill tree for a stormcall build has a few flaws. None that are very relevant other than the fact that you might be too defensive. You have quite a bit of life on the tree combined with MOM and an ascendancy with defensive options. That's great!

However, one key thing in this game is understanding the balance of defense and damage. Sometimes a good defense requires an equally good offense.

One of the things you may be finding as an issue is your lack of crit on a spell casting build relying on lighting damage.

I'm not saying you are completely off base in your links or whatever, but you need to consider possibly retooling a bit and going a crit spell caster. As it stands now, it would seem you are too defensive.

This game has a lot of spike damage and there is a good chance that even with your emphasis on defense, you could possibly get one shot anyway. You have to shrink your TTK (time to kill) on bosses by balancing your damage and life a bit more.

Personally I would go crit stormcall as an inquisitor over your current selection. Simply because you would get free penetration a bit more damage.

In your case, i can understand your frustration...but also understand that for a stormcall build you have not really built optimally.

You may want to consider looking up a guide for a storm call inquisitor and see what a difference a few nodes and an better ascendancy for your build can make.
Last edited by Prizy on Aug 30, 2017, 8:10:31 PM
@Prisus
Thanks for replying , from your answers I can see that you don't really understand what my point was

"
You seem to be a relatively new player.

I hope you kidding, I play this game for 3 years now, yea a new player >:(

"
Your skill tree for a stormcall build has a few flaws. None that are very relevant other than the fact that you might be too defensive. You have quite a bit of life on the tree combined with MOM and an ascendancy with defensive options. That's great!

Too defensive? so why bosses melt melt my face with 2 slaps?
its sad to see someone like you say that and not understand that its a problem.
for being too defensive you basicly get punished.

"
However, one key thing in this game is understanding the balance of defense and damage. Sometimes a good defense requires an equally good offense.

IMO my offence is amazing , I can melt trash mobs with no problem and before 3.0.0 this build was able to clear maps with no problems, you kinda miss the point of my post.

"
One of the things you may be finding as an issue is your lack of crit on a spell casting build relying on lighting damage.

ohh man another person that tells to go crit...
crit got nerfed over the years and for me its the same as non crit , to go near 100% crit for me is impossible with agnerod
and the moment that i will go crit i will need to spec out of some defensive like that 40% MOM that i cannot live without.

"
I'm not saying you are completely off base in your links or whatever, but you need to consider possibly retooling a bit and going a crit spell caster. As it stands now, it would seem you are too defensive.

again with this "too defensive" thing of yours , i die in 2 hits from bosses

"
This game has a lot of spike damage and there is a good chance that even with your emphasis on defense, you could possibly get one shot anyway. You have to shrink your TTK (time to kill) on bosses by balancing your damage and life a bit more.

yea thanks for highlighing the entire problem with this game again, again you miss my point. iv posted feedback not help with my build, in legacy this build was amazing, didnt have any problem with ANYTHING

"
Personally I would go crit stormcall as an inquisitor over your current selection. Simply because you would get free penetration a bit more damage.

can you please tell me what you think about EO? and again tell me thats not good again

"
In your case, i can understand your frustration...but also understand that for a stormcall build you have not really built optimally.

OK then , than theres only one way to play Stormcall with Templar?
Crit Inquisitor? conclusion? ------> No build diversity

"
You may want to consider looking up a guide for a storm call inquisitor and see what a difference a few nodes and an better ascendancy for your build can make.

hhm no thank, i dont think that someone need to look for a build guide to succeed in a game

you answers highlight most of the problems with this game right now
this is something that i will remember forever:
"your too defensive"

Prisus, im not bashing you or anything , but just try to understand the game's problems from your answers.

Another day , Another chaos
What struck me as odd is that you don't have a CwDT setup.
For example: cwdt-> immortal call-> inc duration -> frost bomb

I'd change the separate orb of storms and the cruse to a CoH setup, makes for a smoother gameplay.
In short drop and forget so one can focus on avoiding bad stuff.
Ex: orb of storms-> coh -> curse -> inc area
For more damage swap inc area to arcane surge (low level so it triggers for each cast of orb of storms).

It looks like you have room for some Vaal skills also.
And space for boosting the golem..

In short, you aren't really using the sockets in the equipment as you could.

Edit: added coh + arcane surge
Last edited by Dharall on Aug 31, 2017, 3:27:05 AM
Your tree looks somewhat fine for a non-crit spellcaster, but your gear looks like randomly put together.

Why didn't you 4S/4L your items? Why are you not using more skills and support gems?
You're running on less than 50% efficiency atm.

And why are you using these gloves? The only thing they seem to do is decreasing the AoE of your curse (while increasing its mana cost a bit).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Get a decoy totem (and link it with totem resistance as you have many free sockets left). That should help a lot against many bosses. Next step would probably be merciless lab for pursuit of fait.

Your tree looks too offensive for me but I'm a HC player and can't judge stormcall.

You probably have little life and a lot of mana with 40% MoM. How do you refill your mana after a big hit?
3 Socket items. ("i'm an old player and know thing better then you, plebs")
Useless jewelry.
Useless gloves. ("i'm an old player and know thing better then you, plebs")
No buffs.
No defensive mechanics aside from "unsupported MoM" (either on passive tree or on items\with CwDT\etc). No Arctic Armour (at least, for a "stationary caster" like Storm Call). No Decoy Totem. NO ANYTHING.

"GEME IS BAD"

Oh, come on! -_-

P.S. and yes, sweetie, you should fight map boss for at least couple of minutes.
Cause he's a fucking BOSS, you know.
People are spoiled with "5 seconds Shaper deletion" already.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Regardless of things he can do better, i think this will be a problem for casual players in the future. If bosses are cancer for experienced players, they must be a massive turn off when you don't understand what is going on and have a sub par build.
That's PoE for you. Nothing makes any sense and you're forced to follow guides of people who took the time to find out what actually works. Fun right?
There are 1c gloves that are much better than what you already have. You are level 90 too and not even self found, what the hell. Pretty sure self found guys of similar level have got better gear.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 13, 2017, 7:09:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info