WoW is still the best game in the world!

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No chess is. Chess will be around a lot longer than WoW and has stuck around for 1300 years.

Checkmate.

/thread
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Being swedish I'm partial to elk.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
When i play wow now i play it like an ARPG + group finder dungeons i always loved those. Don't bother with things that require commitment to a guild and fixed schedule and just do whatever i can on my own whenever i feel like playing.

the problem with LFRs are that many mechanics aren´t hitting as hard as they should and give you a false impression of many fights , not to mention the loot is in its weakest version.

last time i played was in MoP all the way to ToT boss haven´t touched it since and dont like the commitment of 2-3 raid days ala 4 hours an evening with minbreaks inbetween either anymore.

some people just grow out of WoW , others hang on nostalgia or like a friend of mine are the ones holding the guild together and fixing raidfailures of people giving them hints and tips what to pay attention to so its sort of like a family therapy session weekly.

been a raidleader and guildleader myself in one or more MMOs and the stress it puts on you is just redicoulus without getting paid , but once a boss fell after hard work all the happy people gratzing eachother and being a bundle of joy was always worth the effort.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
First & best MMO for sure

First? What?

Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, City of Heroes, Lineage II, Starwars Galaxies, EVE, Entropia, Asheron's call, FFXI, Phantasy Star Online and even Runescape released before WoW, many of those by a long time.

I love WoW, it's a fantastic game but it's built on the shoulders of giants. It's nowhere close to 'first'.
the best MMO ive ever played with limited funding and sadly going bankrupt (not sure if still around or even active) was Darkfall Online - so many thrilling chases , running from people , setting up traps , farming farmers , grindspots in an all open PvP GvG game which also had skillshots first person , melee , archery , magic , selfheal , stamina and manabar. if i could go back in time i´d play it again even with all its faults (hiding inside textures via mountplacement attacking unfair mobs that would 2shot you through buildings etc.
I liked City of Heroes/Villains. It was a more casual MMORPG, but it was fun in its own way.

I had a Stone armor + energy melee tank, and an Ice/Radiation controller. Could face tank and arch villains (except for the ones that did psionic damage), no problem, without a healer.

Party compositions weren't really set in stone in that game, like in WoW for example, where you pretty much have to have a tank, healer, and DPS for any successful raid. If you got enough healers, you don't need a tank, if you got enough controllers, you don't need a tank, etc. Some tanks could double as DPS, some controllers could double as DPS, etc. If someone has kinetics, everyone becomes DPS, etc. Force field buffs + empathy buffs and everyone is as sturdy as a tank, etc. I've done TFs where we had 5 blasters and one Ice/Rad controller, and it worked. Ice/Rad was god tier as a support/heal/debuffer/CCer.
"
roflnewip wrote:
Im just gonna leave this year

WoW was pretty nice in the first few years - that whole 40 man raid thing was too good to be true but after the great vanilla time the game became a little worse every expansion until it became completely bullshit about 8 years ago. Sadly, you can't bring back the great old days many private servers tried but they all failed.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 10, 2017, 11:13:14 AM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
roflnewip wrote:
Im just gonna leave this year

WoW was pretty nice in the first few years - that whole 40 man raid thing was to good to be true but after the great vanilla time the game became a little worse every expansion until it became completely bullshit about 8 years ago. Sadly, you can't bring back the great old days many private servers tried but they all failed.

the cheering and screams of joy when you down ragnaros and dragonboy for the first time are irreplaceable memories.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info