WoW is still the best game in the world!

A pattern I noticed in most of those older MMORPGs, is that you could get buffs from higher level players, and destroy any content designed for your level range. Could literally the equivalent of a player in PoE buffing your level 1 character with 7-8 level 20+ auras. Like in Asheron's Call.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
A pattern I noticed in most of those older MMORPGs, is that you could get buffs from higher level players, and destroy any content designed for your level range. Could literally the equivalent of a player in PoE buffing your level 1 character with 7-8 level 20+ auras. Like in Asheron's Call.

AC was a classic in its own right

the PvP server was a blast
I dont see any any key!
Nothing meant more than winning on COD Black Ops.
Won a Nuketown solo with the AK74u, S&D I planted 1x4 at Jungle.
Four planted against me in Crisis and I won that night.
Ahh i miss the happy world pvp,

Corpse camping.

Stranglethorn vale....

:D

Oh the days when a felhunter with resist trinket could kill a mage solo.. oh those were the days those pesky mages were a free feast.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Ahh i miss the happy world pvp,

Corpse camping.

Stranglethorn vale....

:D

Oh the days when a felhunter with resist trinket could kill a mage solo.. oh those were the days those pesky mages were a free feast.

Ah, those were the days! Being stun-locked by a decent Rogue, facing a Paladin that wouldn't die, or being one shot by the one shot class "cough" Shock Shamans "cough"

But alas,

Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 2, 2017, 6:27:23 PM
I am taking a break from wow due to IRL issues right now. POE is helping me fill the wow void :)
What hooked me on WoW back in 2005 was the sheer scale of everything. That first flight to Stormwind was super impressive. And the human starter area was generally cozy as fuck and very immersive.

I stopped playing after WotLK. WotLK was the expansion where I raided hardcore, as in four times a week. Was fun but I realized I can't keep that up forever, shit's like a second job.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 3, 2017, 3:13:59 AM
When i play wow now i play it like an ARPG + group finder dungeons i always loved those. Don't bother with things that require commitment to a guild and fixed schedule and just do whatever i can on my own whenever i feel like playing.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
When WoW released, I knew I had to stay away from it, because I would probably fall deep into it and I had to keep things active IRL.
Few years later, in 2006, I decided to join FFXI. Which was a time sink as much as I feared for wow, but whatever, this was a different time, I was able to handle it.
However the game was so hard, that teamplay was mandatory, and community interaction was a requirement for any content past the first 10 levels (max=75), because you couldn't solo anything.
So, all the people who don't like challenge and/or were asshats usually dropped long before lvl 20, because nobody wanted to help them, which made the FFXI population more adult and tolerant than WoW (as I've heard).

If I'm telling all this, that's because at the time, there were nearly only WoW and FFXI on the mmo market, and players from one usually despised players form the other. I was no exception, I confess :p
Still, I made wonderful memories in FFXI, made some friends I still have today, no regret at all.

Now I play FFXIV, casually, and it's far far from the hardcore aspect of ffxi, which is good, because I have less time for games, so yay for casual friendly stuff.
However it was deeply inspired by WoW, including the LFG instances ("Duty Finder" in ffxiv) where you group with random ppl from any server to clear dungeons, big bosses, ... and meet many asshats that spit on others and don't care because "aha we'll probably never meet again, bitch". /sigh
No chess is. Chess will be around a lot longer than WoW and has stuck around for 1300 years.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info