WoW is still the best game in the world!

Im just gonna leave this year
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2017, 8:11:37 AM
:') loooool worst game ever u mean.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
First & best MMO for sure
"
roflnewip wrote:
Im just gonna leave this year

I quit PoE and subscribed to your blog.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
You really wont be missed (HINT HINT... come on support... do it!)
I actually tried WoW in its vanilla (Pre-BC) state, and found it to be really terrible. And that's the WoW that everyone says was good. I wasn't feeling it. It was pretty frustrating moving around at cripled-grandma-using-a-walker pace around the map. Spend more time getting from point A to B, than anything else. The mounts, at least the first ones, moved at normal MMORPG movement speed while walking.
It's one of the best game I ever played. I still get nostalgic, but i odn't feel like playing ut anymore.

I started playing right on the day of release. I was hooked like crazy. What an amazing game, a truly breath taking experience.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I actually tried WoW in its vanilla (Pre-BC) state, and found it to be really terrible. And that's the WoW that everyone says was good. I wasn't feeling it. It was pretty frustrating moving around at cripled-grandma-using-a-walker pace around the map. Spend more time getting from point A to B, than anything else. The mounts, at least the first ones, moved at normal MMORPG movement speed while walking.

When people are nostalgic about vanilla WoW, it's remembering those crazy nights of 40 man raids, the people you were with, the reputation you had to build for yourself if you wanted to be invited to anything, the feeling of accomplishment when less than 1% of the population was doing the end-game. When they added those LFG dungeons that port you and random people automatically around the world, it all went downhill. People became arrogant asshats because there was no consequences to anything.
"
Namcap wrote:

When people are nostalgic about vanilla WoW, it's remembering those crazy nights of 40 man raids, the people you were with, the reputation you had to build for yourself if you wanted to be invited to anything, the feeling of accomplishment when less than 1% of the population was doing the end-game. When they added those LFG dungeons that port you and random people automatically around the world, it all went downhill. People became arrogant asshats because there was no consequences to anything.

I prefer those "you can be a dick without consequences" games, personally.

I used to play an MMORPG called Anarchy Online. I was a flippin' dick. Some of the best places to level were non-instanced areas, and I'd train mobs into people just to eliminate my competition, etc. Completely ruthless. People paid me pretty well to power level them, because I was ruthless and got the job done.

That's honestly the reason why instanced areas became a thing in MMORPGs. Competition for loot, exp, etc leads to ruthlessness, not sharing. And that means a lot of people get their feelings hurt and cancel their subs.

Some MMORPGs quite literally create the environment for which antisocial tendencies thrive. So much so, that it cannot simply be a coincidence, and must be by design. PoE is very much one of those types of games.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 31, 2017, 12:47:39 AM
star wars galaxy was better
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info