[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

Hey,

Just started a new character, and I am trying to collect all req. items.

I got my hands on 2 nice vaal regalias, and I cannot decide which one should I try to 6 link.
Which one would you choose, if you do not have any other items to match your resists with?

I already got the colours needed on Oblivion Salvation, but I am willing to get them on the other one if it would be better option to do so.

Also, what do you think about using 2x Inspired learning jewels instead of HH, as a budget version?

EDIT: I do not plan to go MoM path, so exta mana on the 1st Regalia will not be utilized fully.
Last edited by Azasher on Sep 10, 2017, 2:02:38 PM
Hi, nice buiold guide. Why don't you use the 40% ST enchant and point blank? if the 30% desacelleration doesn't allow you to pick that.
"
Invalesco wrote:

FYI: ST projectiles can hit the enemy 3-4 times near the end of its trajectory, depending on the enemy's hitbox, so the actual DPS output is much higher (i.e. 750k x 4).
[/spoiler]

Can you prove that with video by throwing 1 ST projectile into something that is fat enough to sustain it?
Last edited by pvp7 on Sep 10, 2017, 3:14:33 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:

ST doesn't shotgun, so no, dying sun will not boost the single target damage. It doesn't work for ST the way it works with barrage.

What do you mean it doesnt shotgun? Does dying sun works like gmp, more projectile less damage?

Here it seems like what i feel when i use dying on bosses, my dmg feels like going up, but not so much as when i was playing physical ST only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRjRUR-R3qk
Last edited by kwstas778 on Sep 10, 2017, 3:22:10 PM
Build looks promising, gonna try it out.
Last edited by Jakel3x on Sep 10, 2017, 6:43:24 PM
Is there a way to fit Bisco's into the build you think?
I run bisco's just for mapping, barely notice a difference, having said that I take it off if I'm pushing content/lab/shaper but for your typical shaped racecourse/strand/etc farming its not an issue. I'm under cap on one resistance without my ammy and with my wise oak uptime its not a big deal.
sorry if this has been asked before but:
how important is the helm enchant ? is it worth giving up a really good rare helm to buy one with the helm enchant ?
How would I use my HH in this build it seems soul tether is the only way i would sustain my ES and Life and have a effective pool in both.
"
Demonoz wrote:
Glad someone else figured out Point Blank on ST.. You have no idea how many people told me i was batshit crazy when i told them PB was garbage for ST. It gimps overall clearing to make you less safe on boss encounters AND end up losing DPS in the end because of positioning. Well that and you would also be surprised just how many players (Even veterans) who have no idea ST can hit more than 2 times as well. Thats why proper positioning is pretty important for all ST builds imo.

Now at least i have a professional opinion to point people to now of my own findings. LOL

Nice build too i kinda figured that new belt would open something up for HOWA just have not had the time to really sit down and work it all out myself.

I so hate myself for selling that nearly 800ES 112Life Regalia i sold back in breach... That chest would be absolutely perfect for this new version today. Even had a high 40something int roll... Hindsight is always 20/20.

Ya Point Blank is mostly overrated for ST except in a certain situation: if you have 0% projectile speed on the tree and do not have a faster proj speed or reduced ST decel enchant, your projectiles may not travel further than 24 units and so will still benefit from Point Blank's bonus damage even at the end of their trajectory. The trade off then will just be losing DPS versus dangerous bosses which you don't want to facetank, but that in itself (for me at least) makes it a passive point not worth spending.

That chest would indeed have been godlike haha

"
Hey,

Just started a new character, and I am trying to collect all req. items.

I got my hands on 2 nice vaal regalias, and I cannot decide which one should I try to 6 link.
Which one would you choose, if you do not have any other items to match your resists with?

I already got the colours needed on Oblivion Salvation, but I am willing to get them on the other one if it would be better option to do so.

Also, what do you think about using 2x Inspired learning jewels instead of HH, as a budget version?

EDIT: I do not plan to go MoM path, so exta mana on the 1st Regalia will not be utilized fully.

the first chest (oblivion salvation) would give you more DPS. personally I would prefer oblivion curtain because 100 extra base ES translates to something like 300 extra ES after the INT and %ES bonuses.

2 x Inspired learning is definitely a viable option! Shadow and Ranger sockets will be the best sockets to use them in.

"
rodcash wrote:
Hi, nice buiold guide. Why don't you use the 40% ST enchant and point blank? if the 30% desacelleration doesn't allow you to pick that.

Hey, thanks! 40% ST damage is just another damage modifier, and damage modifiers are readily available on the tree and on other pieces of gear. I prefer my enchant to be something unique and unobtainable from other pieces of gear or tree. reduced decel improves the range of ST (and possibly its damage as well).

"
pvp7 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

FYI: ST projectiles can hit the enemy 3-4 times near the end of its trajectory, depending on the enemy's hitbox, so the actual DPS output is much higher (i.e. 750k x 4).
[/spoiler]

Can you prove that with video by throwing 1 ST projectile into something that is fat enough to sustain it?

That's a good idea, I'm pretty curious myself how that would work. I'll see what I can do

"
kwstas778 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

ST doesn't shotgun, so no, dying sun will not boost the single target damage. It doesn't work for ST the way it works with barrage.

What do you mean it doesnt shotgun? Does dying sun works like gmp, more projectile less damage?

Here it seems like what i feel when i use dying on bosses, my dmg feels like going up, but not so much as when i was playing physical ST only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRjRUR-R3qk

It doesn't shotgun meaning that only one of the 3 projectiles (if you use dying sun) will hit the boss. The other 2 will not. Dying sun grants more projectiles, but the projectiles will still deal the same damage. They will not have less damage.

That video you linked is interesting. I wonder if that was because you crit while using dying sun and that one projectile which hit the boss dealt more damage because of that.

"
Jakel3x wrote:
Build looks promising, gonna try it out.

good luck!

"
sorry if this has been asked before but:
how important is the helm enchant ? is it worth giving up a really good rare helm to buy one with the helm enchant ?

No need to apologise!

Personally, no I wouldn't give up a really good rare helm for the enchant. Getting the enchant is more for min-maxing rather than absolutely essential. I would maybe be willing to give up a few stats (e.g. 20 life, 20 int or so) for a helm with the enchant but nothing more.

"
woodplease wrote:
How would I use my HH in this build it seems soul tether is the only way i would sustain my ES and Life and have a effective pool in both.

If you wish to use HH i've provided alternate trees for HH which will still grant you sufficiently high effective HP. I would personally recommend HP/MoM as your attack speed will be nuts with the HH buffs and you'd really want a high mana pool to allow you to spam your ST with abandon.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info