[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

"
deadmanio wrote:
Wyh you use this helmet echance ?
this buil dcan don uber atziri ?

Reduced spectral throw projectile deceleration does two things:
1. it increases the range at which your projectiles can hit, allowing them to go off screen.
2. it increases the time the projectiles spend at the end trajectory, allowing for more hit/s on the target.

This build, as with all elemental ST builds, can do all content, including uber atziri, yes.

Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Get more survivability by dropping HoT, run HoT + Enlighten and get MoM. True, you will lose some DPS (approximately 8-10% from the loss of HoT), but having 2k unreserved mana adds a hell lot of eHP as compared to an extra 800-900 to a fluctuating ES pool (when you run discipline).

I assume you meant running Wrath + Enlighten? I'm planning to go Wrath+HoT+Enlighten and drop Empower, instead using the socket for a Lightning Trap. Reckon the unreserved mana will be enough to sustain MoM? This is assuming a level 4 Enlighten, leaving me at a 1,2k mana (or 34%).

Last edited by Konatitan on Sep 5, 2017, 11:46:30 AM
"
Konatitan wrote:
"
Get more survivability by dropping HoT, run HoT + Enlighten and get MoM. True, you will lose some DPS (approximately 8-10% from the loss of HoT), but having 2k unreserved mana adds a hell lot of eHP as compared to an extra 800-900 to a fluctuating ES pool (when you run discipline).

I assume you meant running Wrath + Enlighten? I'm planning to go Wrath+HoT+Enlighten and drop Empower, instead using the socket for a Lightning Trap. Reckon the unreserved mana will be enough to sustain MoM? This is assuming a level 4 Enlighten, leaving me at a 1,2k mana (or 34%).

Yup sorry meant wrath. In all honesty I don't think the slight added DPS by HoT is worth the loss of 800 unreserved mana. 1.2k is a little too low for my liking. The last thing you want is to run out of mana because of a big hit and not be able to whirl away or use ST during that split second (which may cause a death).
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Konatitan wrote:
"

Yup sorry meant wrath. In all honesty I don't think the slight added DPS by HoT is worth the loss of 800 unreserved mana. 1.2k is a little too low for my liking. The last thing you want is to run out of mana because of a big hit and not be able to whirl away or use ST during that split second (which may cause a death).

Reasonable! Empower+Enlighten+Wrath leaves one with 45% unreserved with is pretty good, as well as having about the same DPS as Enlighten+Wrath+HoT. Might be a viable option to run with MoM?
"
Konatitan wrote:

Reasonable! Empower+Enlighten+Wrath leaves one with 45% unreserved with is pretty good, as well as having about the same DPS as Enlighten+Wrath+HoT. Might be a viable option to run with MoM?

yup that sounds more viable!
Build of the Week 14
This build looks amazing, I have some currency and would like to try some more resilient build than what I have, AKA glasscannon Bladeflurry which is great on shaper but I can't do guardians deathless.

WOuld you say your HP/ES/MoM with Kaom's roots can't die to white guardian's map or is confortable on guardian's map with no/low added damage on it?
"
Brizjk wrote:
This build looks amazing, I have some currency and would like to try some more resilient build than what I have, AKA glasscannon Bladeflurry which is great on shaper but I can't do guardians deathless.

WOuld you say your HP/ES/MoM with Kaom's roots can't die to white guardian's map or is confortable on guardian's map with no/low added damage on it?

Thanks! I've decided to drop kaoms roots altogether coz I wanted movement speed. It also adds an extra bit of damage mitigation in the form of evasion (and allows us to use blind). But ya HP/ES/MoM variant wouldn't have problems with tougher guardian maps. My HP/ES variant alone is already doing those maps smoothly with less eHP.
Build of the Week 14
mini update: bought a vinktars added lightning dmg to achieve higher effective and tooltip DPS.

edit: also managed to achieve a sub 4 min shaper run (3 min 57s) on video, but gonna see if i can lower it further still.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 7, 2017, 12:52:30 PM
Great guide! I was thinking of making a HoWa Raider again and using Shaper's Touch and ran across this and thought Soul Tether was a great idea for Hybrid.

I had a few questions about itemization. Priority wise where do you rate the enchant? Is it worth it to buy any helm with the enchant and roll it or master craft, or is a better rare helm going to trump that?

Secondly I was wondering about your chest. I have a few big ticket items for sale(6L pledge, etc) and want to just buy a 6L hybrid chest since I dont wanna mess with attempting to 6L one. What stats are most important? Would you say Int+Life and 1 crafted res is okay? How much ES should I look for on the chest? Is a hybrid chest okay with 200-250 es?

I have everything else(Minus Jewels) and gonna level this tonight. Thanks for the awesome guide!
"
Trespeon wrote:
Great guide! I was thinking of making a HoWa Raider again and using Shaper's Touch and ran across this and thought Soul Tether was a great idea for Hybrid.

I had a few questions about itemization. Priority wise where do you rate the enchant? Is it worth it to buy any helm with the enchant and roll it or master craft, or is a better rare helm going to trump that?

Secondly I was wondering about your chest. I have a few big ticket items for sale(6L pledge, etc) and want to just buy a 6L hybrid chest since I dont wanna mess with attempting to 6L one. What stats are most important? Would you say Int+Life and 1 crafted res is okay? How much ES should I look for on the chest? Is a hybrid chest okay with 200-250 es?

I have everything else(Minus Jewels) and gonna level this tonight. Thanks for the awesome guide!

Thanks!

With regards to helm enchant:

If your priority is speedy map clearing, i would rank the enchantments in the order of:
1. Projectile Speed
2. Reduced ST Deceleration
3. ST damage

If your priority is boss killing, I would rank them accordingly:
1. Reduced ST Deceleration
2. ST damage
3. Projectile Speed

Overall, I feel that reduced ST decel is the best all-round enchant. I think for starters it'll be cheaper just to buy a good rare helm for leveling. Later on you'll want to buy a helm with the desired enchant and essence craft it. Essences of Spite are quite cheap this league so it shouldn't be too expensive to roll a good INT helm.

I think it'll be very difficult to buy a good 6L hybrid chest as hardly anyone plays hybrid this league, so very few will bother 6L-ing one. I bought mine unlinked and 6L-ed it. Yup a hybrid chest with around 200-250 ES is fine (especially if its an ev/es piece with high evasion), but you will probably be wanting more ES if you're aiming to take the char to its max potential, coz an extra 200 ES is going to make a difference of around 600 ehp, which is quite substantial.

In terms of stats, I'd go for INT + Life + 2 res at least. You're welcome!
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info