What's the difficulty like?

Just wondering how the game actually plays out so far. Blizzard is trying to cater their games towards the age 4+ crowd these days in both WoW and D3, and I'm really hoping this game will be a nice change. Diablo 2 had a nice difficulty at least. D3 you just oneshot everything and potions are just vendor fodder...
Well normal, cruel and ruthless are pretty smooth if your a experienced gamer and have a plan/strategy.

Merciless can get pretty tough if your lacking in gear, and don't expect do to chaos (that's like final current endgame area which you unlock by oompleting all dificulties) without pretty decent high level gear.
Insan
At least I'm finding that I need potions in PoE, every now and then some enemy will really hit me hard and knock 3/4 of my health away.

But other than those few enemies that do that, the game is still very simple, it's not exactly "one" shot, but 2 or 3 shots definitely for the average enemy, and a lot longer for the "gold" enemies (at least early in the game, somebody else will have to describe later game).
Last edited by CityBuilder on Feb 18, 2012, 4:25:45 PM
Given that about half of the players die in the ladder events, I think it's fair to say the game is quite hard. Especially considering the current trend of difficulty in games.
However, if you're cautious and know what you're doing, it doesn't get really hard until the very end, where it depends on your build and gear.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
mushboom wrote:
D3 you just oneshot everything and potions are just vendor fodder...

So you've played nightmare difficulty and above on D3?

Stop trolling on the #1 ARPG, try harder troll :)
You mad?
Last edited by flybutterfly on Feb 18, 2012, 8:44:40 PM
because this is an arpg the difficulty fluctuates, it can go from calm and steady to deadly very fast. I'm loving it so far, can't wait for retail.
It can be hard and will eat you whole, if you lose concentration.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Feb 19, 2012, 10:11:51 AM
"
zriL wrote:
Given that about half of the players die in the ladder events...

I would not overestimate this; the general goal of the limited playtime in the events, and the rivalry on the upper end of the competitors lead into the situation to neglect the char's equimpent on a larger base; therefor returning an increased risk to the players.

For the rest, I agree - its not as simple (regarding difficultiy) as the average new game; if you take it as whole. In details there are still some challenges missing.
(end (-boss) of act 2, for example)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
is this game harder than diablo 3 beta? I hope it is looking forward to playing
"
mrsmith wrote:
is this game harder than diablo 3 beta? I hope it is looking forward to playing

go fish is harder than the d3 beta, but i wouldn't expect d3 to stay that easy after release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info