THE NEW FAKENER (3.1 UPDATE) || DISCHARGE || COSPRI'S MALICE|| STILL SUPER FAST || CAN USE BISCO'S

Well, crit multi and spell damage are interdependent.

This is heavily simplified, but assuming 100% crit chance, local damage calculation(before resist) is basically:

Alpha damage = Base spell damage * Sum of all damage increases (Spell damage, elemental, etc...) * More Damage * Crit Multi

Since we can't get more damage from jewels, we can simplify this by removing the constants;

Alpha damage = Sum of all damage increases * Crit multi

This means that spell damage is dependent of crit multi and vice-versa.

To give a simple numerical example; You have 200% spell damage and 400% crit multi. You have a choice between 10% spell damage or 15% crit multi, which is best?

This 10% spell damage is multiplied by the 400% crit multi, so in effect, it's a net 40% damage increase, from 800% to 840%.

This 15% crit multi is multiplied by 200% by the 200% spell damage, so in effect, it's a net 30% damage increase, from 800% to 830%.

So even through Spell damage is a much lower absolute value, it relatively is of bigger value. If we were to be a bit more realistic and we add in crit chance, crit multi is further devalued.

That's not saying Crit multi isn't good, you just have to keep in mind that it multiplies your increases, and we don't get that much. Ultimately, you want to have your crit multi and increases to be as close as each other, while taking into account comparative prefix/suffix values.
Last edited by Icemasta on Sep 14, 2017, 1:52:49 PM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
Jangerson wrote:

yea lightning damage is bullocks but full crit multi is also wasted. interestingly with 480-500critmulti iirc im getting a better increase from spell damage. I should be able to finish the majority of my jewels in the coming week, just need to watch for prices.

Yup get some spelldmg and then stack into multi. As Ascendant with Ele starting area you get some so you don't need as much on jewels, I went with around 30% which seemed to be good enough. You can skip IAS if you don't care as much about clearspeed.

ias is good for clearspeed but my bigger concern is whatever the math is for what's the golden attack speed value for consistent full procs. my cyclone with bloodrage is something like 5.3 aps? but if you consider how many times you'll actually crit within that frame that's what I wish I had the brain to figure out. With 20% inc cdr from tether, you proc 4.8 times from cospri's. Once I hit level 92 I'll also be switching to insanity gloves since I won't need the res from my gloves anymore.

Made the build loving every moment of it. I was wondering is the 30% discharge helm enchant not worth it anymore ? cause pretty sure without the 30% enchant u shouldnt be running double discharge right ? the most difficult part of this build was fcking maxing your res lmao
if you run warlords you wont have to care at all about elreons. Yes you should run the helm enchant, without it you'll choke crits and you'll die cause this build is lul. that's assuming you actually want to clear content.
Last edited by Jangerson on Sep 18, 2017, 1:25:17 PM
is the pathfinder variant better or the witch one ?
"
Jangerson wrote:
if you run warlords you wont have to care at all about elreons. Yes you should run the helm enchant, without it you'll choke crits and you'll die cause this build is lul. that's assuming you actually want to clear content.

If you reserve 75% + of your mana, Elreonrings are a nice addition, atleast if you can get T1 #Life ones. (Around 100:1 regals from my experience)

"
NUMPER1 wrote:

Elementalist for mapping, Pathfinder for mapping + bossing.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 18, 2017, 4:14:42 PM
"
NUMPER1 wrote:

basically finished my scion so I'm testing pf rn need a few more levels until I can really say for sure but so far sustain+ shield charging speed is nutters

damage on my scion was pretty great, though i haven't speccd into ee yet, nor have i tested using lyco. Atm i'm testing spell/crit shield with poachers and i'll be using a shaper's touch once I figure out what an alt setup for myself would be if i ran ele weak on hit gloves.

on another note I misunderstood and thought you literally meant pathfinder instead of the scion ascendancy
Last edited by Jangerson on Sep 18, 2017, 11:02:59 PM
"
Jangerson wrote:
"
NUMPER1 wrote:

basically finished my scion so I'm testing pf rn need a few more levels until I can really say for sure but so far sustain+ shield charging speed is nutters

damage on my scion was pretty great, though i haven't speccd into ee yet, nor have i tested using lyco. Atm i'm testing spell/crit shield with poachers and i'll be using a shaper's touch once I figure out what an alt setup for myself would be if i ran ele weak on hit gloves.

on another note I misunderstood and thought you literally meant pathfinder instead of the scion ascendancy

is ele focus better that controlled destruction ?? i checked ur profile and ur using ele focus any reason why ?

EDIT: i have slot for one more aura what can i use ? so far i am using purity of elements and herald of ice.
Last edited by NUMPER1 on Sep 19, 2017, 3:30:55 PM
"
NUMPER1 wrote:

EDIT: i have slot for one more aura what can i use ? so far i am using purity of elements and herald of ice.

Maybe Arctic Armour but that already leaves you at 85%, I'd just switch Purity of Elements to Haste at some point if you can balance out the resists.

For stuff like that, use an aura calculator like poe.mikelat.com
pathfinder has a flat chance to inflict ailments so whether or not I could inflict ailments with my discharge didn't matter. Ele focus adds more damage than controlled destruction especially since pf doesn't have as much crit. the down side is you can't inflict ailemnts otherwise like chill or shock which could be useful if you're using HoI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info