Cash shop prices

Well i thought id put something up here about a major issue to me with f2p games lately.

prices need to be good for whatever we buy

for instance about 5 mins ago from writing this i was just testing a browser game

and just finished looking over what my hard earned dollars would get me

needless to say once i found out i immedietly stopped playing and will never be back to that game.

$10 might not be alot to some but it is alot to others and a good balance needs to be found.

any comments appreciated and will hopefully send devs in right direction.

Kodak moments--Priceless

waiting for POE beta key--Torture
I think a lot of people will buy things purely to fund GGG rather than for the effect itself. I will certainly drop a few pounds in there for the great job GGG have done, even though I really hate microtransactions.
"
Piggy wrote:
I think a lot of people will buy things purely to fund GGG rather than for the effect itself. I will certainly drop a few pounds in there for the great job GGG have done, even though I really hate microtransactions.

again, I had figured at least the value of a retail game in the cash shop in support of GGG.

OP. I understand your point. Like the $70 monicle in EvE. Sure it's a vanity item but I could never even consider $70 a fair price
Well one good thing about mircotransactions is that it pretty much negates the effects of piracy.
Hmm.. Hopefully they only sell cosmetics. It worries me :(
Prices will be a very difficult thing to get right. You need low enough prices for people to consider it worth it. But as you said that is very subjective. For some 5$ to rename the character might be very reasonable while others would consider it insane. On the other hand GGG needs to make enough money from the sum of their sales to support the game and development (both past and present)
Cannot run out of time! There is infinite time...
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool...
DrakensangOnline have good idea for this. "Premium cash" can be earned in game. B y killing monsters. But it's rare.
So this game IS gonna have micro-transactions? That seems kinda lame, but thats how things are these days. I hope it doesnt affect things too much.
Heh, I would love to see a "rare drop" small micro transaction credit as an item drop. Like $1 worth or something, so if you found a few of them, you could still have the added benefits if you play enough.
Bottom line is that there needs to be funding for the game, and they want to do this through cosmetic microtransactions that wont alienate the playbase. People generally really hate pay2win, so purely cosmetic transactions should be a fine way to fund the game, depending if people will buy them. ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info