Managed to lose a Demigod's Triumph. GGG help ;_;

I seriously managed to lose a Demigod's Triumph the second I obtained one from Morsexcusesforlosing. I was transferring the item from HC to SC. I was linking it to commemorate it's departure from the HC servers when the game spontaneously freezes up. During my panic, I must have clicked it without holding CTRL and ALT followed by a misclick as after the lag clears up I see my character dead and the demi on the floor. For the next half hour dabzstabz and I then attempt to retrieve the demi. However, my character is no longer deemed in HC so I cant party him (out of your league msg), yet my instance also doesn't exist in SC because his SC character cant see/join my instance.

Is Chris able to help remedy this situation? I recall him being able to fix a similar situation in the past by backlogging data and such. Anyway, I'll message support and hopefully they can help me out. Here's the tragic image btw.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u6fl1g.jpg

Character transferring the demi: ExaltExaltExalt

Occurred: 25TH of February, around 10:30pm PST time.
Last edited by Alooah on Feb 26, 2013, 2:27:58 AM
I really wish I could help but we have a policy of not restoring any items lost due to player mistakes - there are hundreds of other cases that we've refused and it would be really unfair to help you but not the others.

While I completely believe you, to properly check the server logs to the level that would be required to be fair to other players is a very difficult task (especially for the volume of mistakes that are reported). I'm really sorry!

Please use the trade window in town to do trades if you want to make sure it's totally safe!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I feel for your bro
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
how is game freezing up a player mistake?? hmm...

anyways..great game. keep up the good work
Last edited by Kortak on Feb 26, 2013, 3:52:17 AM
I have a hard time understanding how this could happen?

I mean I'm sorry and all. This is really shitty and it's sad that GGG doesn't restore it, though what chris said is fair and all, so it's just sad but not vicious.

Better not try this another time (why do you even want it in SC). Or do it smarter.
Kenshi it's a multitude of unfortunate mistakes one after the other. Game lags up, I paniced and managed to click the item then click the ground which dropped it. The worst part is Chris has told me they have logs that can tell whether or not the item was lost yet they cbf to search through them? Lmao, that alone made me go straight to Customer Service and ask for a refund on all my microtransactions and the supporter pack. Sorry Chris, but if Blizzard can give a rats ass to help when items have been lost, but you can't help a supporter, it sorta shows how little my support means. Anyway, thanks for the reply at least.
"

Kenshi it's a multitude of unfortunate mistakes one after the other. Game lags up, I paniced and managed to click the item then click the ground which dropped it. The worst part is Chris has told me they have logs that can tell whether or not the item was lost yet they cbf to search through them? Lmao, that alone made me go straight to Customer Service and ask for a refund on all my microtransactions and the supporter pack. Sorry Chris, but if Blizzard can give a rats ass to help when items have been lost, but you can't help a supporter, it sorta shows how little my support means. Anyway, thanks for the reply at least.

If you look at the bigger picture for a moment you'll realize the reason they take such a strict policy is purely pragmatic. Entertaining the cases made by players will set a precedent that can be cited by those who wish to exploit the policy -- Don't fool yourself, regardless of how legitimate your situation is it is very difficult to differentiate from a lie.

Maybe Blizzard has implemented some ad hoc policy changes for their newer games, however, in my decade of experience with them they hold the exact same stance as GGG.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
"
Alooah wrote:

Kind of embarrassing post.
You are not special, try and get over yourself. They are not helping the 1000s of other people losing items to desync and lag, I've never heard you try and get GGG to change their policy for those people. But now that you lose an item, you want special treatment? It is a reasonable policy, you know this. Yah it sucks....be more careful next time.

Embarrassing.
Last edited by Litheum on Feb 26, 2013, 6:50:03 AM
Double post.
Last edited by Litheum on Feb 26, 2013, 6:49:16 AM
"
Alooah wrote:

LOL seriously.

I mean, I would be mad as hell if that happened to me. But common, don't be a dick!
You want your money back for an item you've won in a race.
Just do another one and win another one. It's bad and all but c'mon.

To be honest, if I was Chris I wouldn't believe your story (but I don't have any data to back it up) since it sounds like an attempt to dupe an item. Who knows if you weren't multiboxing and there was another character in the same instance that picked up the demi and now you want a second one.

That's just my reasoning I guess GGG could figure something like this out, I just can't. But from the way the story looks like, it would make sense.

I'm not accusing you, but you're acting like a spoiled brat by saying things like
"
"made me go straight to Customer Service and ask for a refund on all my microtransactions and the supporter pack"

I'm actually glad you lost the demi, by your own fault or not, doesn't matter.
Last edited by KenshiD on Feb 26, 2013, 7:19:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info