[3.0] Spectral Throw Ele/Crit - Elementalist/Inquisitor - All Content

Any idea what can I do from here to do guardians/higher tier mapping better? I find myself struggling to stay alive in tier13+ maps, especially in boss fights when all my flasks are drained.

Is it because I am playing it wrongly or is my dps simply not enough?

Tooltip dps 20.9k with all flasks up, in hideout with aura and golem 17.2k. Cold and lightning res both highest uncapped.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Synera/characters

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Yy0u7xzV
Last edited by Synera on Sep 15, 2017, 2:41:37 AM
"
Synera wrote:
Any idea what can I do from here to do guardians/higher tier mapping better? I find myself struggling to stay alive in tier13+ maps, especially in boss fights when all my flasks are drained.

Is it because I am playing it wrongly or is my dps simply not enough?

Tooltip dps 20.9k with all flasks up, in hideout with aura and golem 17.2k. Cold and lightning res both highest uncapped.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Synera/characters

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Yy0u7xzV

Do you use pantheon system to match the bosses(guardians)? Flasks like basalt vs Minotaur does help for example aswell (Ruby vs Phoenix). You have to rearrange a bit to have a better match up.

Playstlye: You should not be able to facetank those bosses, so you have to dodge most attacks. Imo Hydra is the easiest. After that Minotaur/Phoenix and lastly Chimera, that one is the hardest.

Your gear overall seems pretty good. How much life do you have atm?

If you lack damage, try to get Opal rings. Rings in this build improve the damage alot.

I have about 5.5k life, yeah I am planning to get the opals, given how you mentioned that each decent opal ring gave u ~7k tooltip damage.

I bought the sword without knowing the APS difference is so huge, but that shouldnt necessitate a weapon upgrade before anything else right?

How much tooltip damage will you recommend for guardians/shaper? And my critical strike chance is less than 40%, how should I go about that without changing much of my gear?

Thanks for helping :)
"
Synera wrote:
I have about 5.5k life, yeah I am planning to get the opals, given how you mentioned that each decent opal ring gave u ~7k tooltip damage.

I bought the sword without knowing the APS difference is so huge, but that shouldnt necessitate a weapon upgrade before anything else right?

How much tooltip damage will you recommend for guardians/shaper? And my critical strike chance is less than 40%, how should I go about that without changing much of my gear?

Thanks for helping :)

I don't have a number in mind which is needed for guardians/shaper, tooltip dps generally isn't a good thing to focus on, it's good to see your own dps improvements as a scale, but to see your actual values you should use path of building for example.

Your sword is fine, you will get crit chance through levels. Three nodes and scion start and the right sword nodes (fatal blade).
I think that I must be missing something with this build, but how do you maintain your mana?
"
IronicTrout wrote:
I think that I must be missing something with this build, but how do you maintain your mana?

Assassin's Mark mostly and you get one mana leech node near Point Blank and life leech nodes in the tree.

If you're using this build to level up get Elreon rings. When those aren't enough, get some mana on kill jewels. At least that's what I did and I was able to use both auras without struggling with mana all the time.

"
xWords wrote:
"
IronicTrout wrote:

Assassin's Mark mostly and you get one mana leech node near Point Blank and life leech nodes in the tree.

If you're using this build to level up get Elreon rings. When those aren't enough, get some mana on kill jewels. At least that's what I did and I was able to use both auras without struggling with mana all the time.

You skill Soul Siphon in early levels and later on Mana and life leech, i don't think there should be so many mana probs with a mana flask?
i have very huge mana problems, too. On singletarget i OOM so fast.
and i feel like the dps is horrible bad, my Freezing Pulse witch was able to do t4-5 after Kitava very easy, and this char feel bad in t1 and i dont know why and i cant think what item increases my dps that much.
"
Ascylia wrote:
i have very huge mana problems, too. On singletarget i OOM so fast.
and i feel like the dps is horrible bad, my Freezing Pulse witch was able to do t4-5 after Kitava very easy, and this char feel bad in t1 and i dont know why and i cant think what item increases my dps that much.

1. You can skill Thrill Killer/ Soul Siphon and Mana leech for leveling, there should be no mana problems at all.

2. I said i leveled with sunder mostly, the 4L ST setup is just an option.

3. If you struggle with damage, than your gear isn't good enough, or you are doing something wrong. I stated that is build is not a cheap one, so if your running maps with terrible gear your damage is ofcourse terrible, but imo even with decent gear you can ramp up to tier:10 maps in no time.

Do you think my gloves work or should I try to get some elemental damage to attack like yours?

I think my other gear is pretty decent (except the sword, 420edps+ are insanely pricey for me) but if you could check and give me some feedback I'd greatly appreciate it!

My plan for now is to save, upgrade sword, hopefully get the right enchantment in my helmet and then work on everything else... just gotta get there!

EDIT: I just noticed my gloves already have lightning damage to attacks lol, they were pretty cheap and I thought they sucked. Maybe I can upgrade them to have more hp instead.
Last edited by xWords on Sep 18, 2017, 12:58:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info