[3.0] Sunder League Starter AND Finisher - All Content, Budget, SC/SSF/Xbox

"
BeerLeague wrote:
Yes, like I mentioned in a few of the posts, I was trying to push it as far as I could dps wise while still staying above 8k life.

As for the damage, with the current setup you have running, I would still be using the elemental damage version for sure.

I have tried that, unless boss if physical Brutality is King in multistrike setup.Dps shows bit higher with elemental but thats it.

P.S
I tried Shaper. Dps is Ridiculous low compared to any other build i have played in my past.

I am 100% sure it is this ascendancy that is wrong , the 10% increased damage taken is ridiculous high i have 7.1k life and 90% of the time i was being hit from ordinary mobs for 6k+ life , white mob hits me 5k life. Anyway thankfully league is over for me and i will never look back at this again
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Sep 4, 2017, 1:02:05 AM
7.1k life is too low. You need T1 hp rolls on everything to run this in higher maps. That should be priority #1 after making sure your resists are in order.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
7.1k life is too low. You need T1 hp rolls on everything to run this in higher maps. That should be priority #1 after making sure your resists are in order.

Sorry for my ill post. But i am not from yesterday , been playing this for looong time. Its this ascendancy that is wrong. 10% increased damage from all sources accumulate like mountain on ur head and no amount of life will save you.And with all new additions to separate damage types you gain increased damage bonus from every single type. before it was all stacking into one damage. Thats same as abyssus suicide except abyss is phys increase only. They kinda need to revise this ascendancy node Aspect of carnage.

Now you have damage over time 10%
phys damage 10%
phys over time 10%
chaos over time 10%
elemental over time 10%
direct damage of each all 10%

That is no longer 10% when mob does multiple damage types. its 30% more damage taken at least

And since this build doesnt have the DPS for shaper without ~500pdps axe it makes it mapper at best if that at all.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Sep 4, 2017, 11:30:51 PM
Honestly, I don't want to argue about it. But I think a build that is clearing shaper, all guardians and doesn't completely fail at mapping for the budget I've spent on it is pretty reasonable.

I cleared shaper on a 5 link with the elemental version earlier in the season. Sure the whole encounter took 25 minutes, but it's possible for sure.

As I mentioned at the start, this build is the best at nothing, absolutely nothing, but it is passable at everything. For people like me who hate retooling until 1000s of C into into that league that counts for a lot.

It's never going to be the fastest shaper famer, for for a budget that I put into it, 10 minutes overall isn't too bad imo.
Noobie here and this is only my personal impressions:

this is my second league. i changed some points of the tree (i´m using mace) but really its your build BeerLeague.

Obviously is not the best dps for bosses, like you said, but it´s a very nice balanced build.

At this moment:

- not tier 1 life in all items

- not steel rings

- mediocre mace (335dps)

- Belly (6-link)

- Helmet with 40% damage sunder

- Kaom´s roots

. not a very good pool life (6.3k- 6.5k, using Bisco´s or not)

I defeated all guardians with terrible mods on them (zero problems ).I tried dont use vaal pact but was impossible for me. I think vaal pact is the key.

Its very hard buy steel rings with t1 life , high resistances ,intelligence and physical damage.
Maybe i´ll try it with Brightbeak War Hammer. i´ll lost dps ( not much i hope) for sure but it can help me with low resistances on steels rings.

Thx for the build Beerleague!!

Hey BeerLeague,

First time PoE player here, fell in love with Sunder and I love the guide! I had a couple questions for you.

Currently running the elemental version with sub-optimal gear (No 6L, No steel rings, no spiked gloves), I can clear t14 maps no problem, everything except the bosses melt. Boss damage is lacking, I don't really come in danger of dying but they take longer than I'd like.

I have about 200c to spend on gear, where do you think I should go from here? And at what point can I comfortably switch to the physical version? The loss of Hatred seems like a HUGE chunk of my damage.

Thanks for any input.
"
Mistweaver wrote:
Hey BeerLeague,

First time PoE player here, fell in love with Sunder and I love the guide! I had a couple questions for you.

Currently running the elemental version with sub-optimal gear (No 6L, No steel rings, no spiked gloves), I can clear t14 maps no problem, everything except the bosses melt. Boss damage is lacking, I don't really come in danger of dying but they take longer than I'd like.

I have about 200c to spend on gear, where do you think I should go from here? And at what point can I comfortably switch to the physical version? The loss of Hatred seems like a HUGE chunk of my damage.

Thanks for any input.

Sorry mate, missed the reply.

As for the biggest upgrades now, probably some decent steel ring bases and spiked gloves.

As far as switching to the full phys, as long as you can maintain the following:

double phys roll on rings
t1 life on all slots

Then you can make the switch and benefit fully.

I made some more improvements to the overall gear, but I felt like I pushed it as far as it can go in its current state. 12 second guardian kills, shaper down in about 6 minutes total.

Also, if anyone wants to chat about the build feel free to contact me in game
Cool guide. i realized i made some mistakes on pointless nodes and decided to respec closer to what you have here so that I could go full phys damage. I dropped about 19 skill nodes up towards the templar section that didnt seem worth keeping and I revamped my pathing to vaal pact, which was another 9 points back i think. My pathing to vaal pact now allows for herbalism, twin terrors, thick skin and an extra jewel slot. I took the more direct pathing and avoided heart of oak and finesse to save some points from what I see as less useful passives. Instead of resolute technique, i took disemboweling to incorporate crit into my build. I also went up past vaal pact and took the blood siphon, trickery and assassination nodes. I also picked up blood magic and mortal conviction for the extra 35% hp and dropped all mana reserving skills. Not sure how I feel about that switch yet but I was hoping maybe you could shed some light. Its nice not having to get mana burnt but I am having occasional unexpected deaths from time to time. So even though I have more hp (little over 7500 right now), still feels weaker when taking big hits. I am running a 6L belly and a 350 dps axe. Only 3000 armor and currently lv 89. I have around 20% chance to crit with my ice golem up. I also have my skill gems set up a little different. Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think.

My questions for you:

1 - Do you think it is worth dropping arctic armor and doing without vulnerability/blasphemy to get the extra 35% life from mortal conviction/blood magic?

2 - Why are you not utilizing enfeeble with your IC/CWDT setup?

3 - Why do you choose to take splitting strikes over ambidexterity? Are the leech buffs from that adding something that vaal pact is not already achieving?

4 - Is there a reason why you decided not to build crit?

Thanks for the help.
"
SealYourFate wrote:

My questions for you:

1 - Do you think it is worth dropping arctic armor and doing without vulnerability/blasphemy to get the extra 35% life from mortal conviction/blood magic?

2 - Why are you not utilizing enfeeble with your IC/CWDT setup?

3 - Why do you choose to take splitting strikes over ambidexterity? Are the leech buffs from that adding something that vaal pact is not already achieving?

4 - Is there a reason why you decided not to build crit?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, was away on vacation for a week:

1. No. If you drop vuln, might as well do another build. Its a huge portion of the damage for a full phys setup.

2. Vuln is already permanently up, can't have two curses without a +1 curse ammy (which would be fine)

3. It was slightly more dps for the amount of points in PoB

4. I tried both, and crit is probably better IF you can get accuracy on both rings, helm and gloves WITHOUT giving up the other stats. Early on in the league those items did not really exist, now, with an unlimited budget crit is probably better, but I liquidated the character off a few weeks ago
Thanks for responding and answering my questions. That is helpful to know. I dropped blood magic/mortal conviction and put arctic armor back and it feels better already. I am hardly ever dying at all now at around T14-T15 maps and i was able to hit lv 90 fast. In order to go crit, how much total accuracy %, chance to crit % and crit multiplier are we aiming for in order for the build to make sense and out-damage the non crit RT full phys build?

I was thinking full phys and crit would work well together so I have already allocated skill points to crit nodes at disembowling, twin terrors and assassination. I am just trying to see if I can pull it together and push the damage further.

I am currently getting 151k dps based on what pob is telling me, but my tool tip in game is reading 70k for sunder. That is unbuffed with a 350 siege axe, no steel rings, no spiked gaunts, no vulnerability and no 40% sunder dmg enchant on helm. Capped resists and 7600 hp. My accuracy is 82%, 22.25% crit chance and 287 crit multiplier. I tried swapping out maim for ruthless and enfeeble for vulnerability like you suggest, and in game tool tip sunder damage drops to 52k dps.

This is my first character, so I am trying to test stuff out and get a feel for what works and what doesnt on the marauder. Regarding this build, I have to decide if it is worth trying to sustain crit or get my 9 pts back and respec to RT and scale up more atk speed and melee phys dmg like you did.

I dont have accuracy on any of my gear besides the 40% on prismatic eclipse. I cant find any info about how crit/multiplier/accuracy do on berserker in 3.0 and what target values to aim for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info