[3.0] CI Essence Drain Trickster Level100 Harbinger#1

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated for you taking the time to help others!

I see. So tooltip is not what I go by for ED at all? I believe then it's almost 30k if not almost 29k? Still on a slight vacation away from the PC so I can't checkfor sure as of now.

I ran that wither combo and I had a very difficult time keeping my totems alive to even get close to 20 stacks. How should I go about this? Is it my totem placements (if that is a thing)? If so, shall I remove my ball lightning curse on hit combo of gems? I switched between enfeeble and vulnerability on ball lightning and ran blasphemy + temp chains. I recently learned that witchbrew gives you a curse so maybe i should switch that out. My main concern still is, however, how do I keep my totem alive for fights?

Mapping tips would be great as I am pretty much still starting out. Not sure how far I can push this character too..even though it is soft core haha I hate dying.

Now how needed is empower? I recently spent a good bit of my currency on a 5L with like 600 something ES. I'd love to snag a 6L but that seems far for me right now. Is it possible to do that Azitri boss or T13+ without empower? Not sure how many tiers there are but I'd love to get past 11s.

Thanks again so much Koshiniki. I really do appreciate the time you take to help. Very kind of you.
Sorry for late reply.

"
My main concern still is, however, how do I keep my totem alive for fights?

The totem life depends on the gem level. It wil be fine when you've got higher level spell totem support gem.

"
Mapping tips would be great as I am pretty much still starting out. Not sure how far I can push this character too..even though it is soft core haha I hate dying.

The most important thing for both leveling and farming currency on mapping is faster clearing, not the tier that you run. I know you wana pushing up map tier for your personal challenge. I think you can do t13s with your current setup, but it's not efficient. I recommend leveling up a bit, farming some currency then grab 6L for empower first. For this, you should equip Brightbeak or some melee weapon with good attack speed and use shield charge.

Don't worry, I've done guardians/shaper/uber atziri with this build. Honestly this build is not a best for these bosses :P

I would attach ED+Empower dps with my setup for your reference.

ED level | Empower level | ED dot dps
21 | 4 | 90k
20 | 3 | 71k
20 | 0 | 56k

I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
The dream is real. - 2017
A guy who is interested in my build asked me some questions.
I've left the questions/answers here!

"
HC viable?

Yes, of course. It has large ES pool, high ES regen/recharge, high evasion. And due to Enfeeble/Temporal Chains curse combo with other defence mechanics, enemies will not be able to touch you.

"
Why u didn't using weapon with Essence of Delirium?

First, decay damage isn't spread by contagion. It only affect single target that is hit by essence drain.

Second, the damage isn't huge. In my setup, it's just 10% more damage.

Finally, I already have enough damage using Brightbeak.
This build is focused on fast clearing t11-13 maps. To fast map clear, mobility is very important as same as damage.
You have enough damage if you can kill an entire monster pack by single Contagion/ED. You don't have to stack it more.

I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
"
Koshiniki wrote:
"
Wubzor wrote:
By the way, what do you think about Allelopathy gloves which give 22 lvl Blight?

As you said above, the damage of ED is not great against tanky bosses sometimes in leveling phase.
In this situation, Blight is best alternative skill for this build.

The glove itself is very powerful. But for this build, there are no gem socket space to make 5L Blight in this glove.
I rocommend to swap ED gem to Blight instead of using this glove.

I disagree here entirely. I have a different trickster build using ED, life and MoM. I'm thinking of swapping to this build as i don't have a lot of survivability with cloak of defiance and life build. Allelopathy gloves using the 4 link for contagion (4 blues - Contagion - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge - Inc AOE) gives you 4 link contagion and 4 link blight. If you remove one of the extra gems for ES and add in a spreading rot jewel. This will help out the blight damage and give you 25% bonus damage on the rest of your chaos damage
Hey there Koshiniki, I'm very interested in trying this build but I would like to know if the LL version of the build will be hugely different skill tree wise? I want to start leveling it right now but I'd rather wait if I need to restart or respec a huge amount of points.

Also, are the support gems listed in order of importance? (meaning Empower is last priority on gem setp?)
Last edited by nish on Sep 11, 2017, 12:58:02 AM
"
achmedclaus wrote:
"
Koshiniki wrote:
"
Wubzor wrote:
By the way, what do you think about Allelopathy gloves which give 22 lvl Blight?

As you said above, the damage of ED is not great against tanky bosses sometimes in leveling phase.
In this situation, Blight is best alternative skill for this build.

The glove itself is very powerful. But for this build, there are no gem socket space to make 5L Blight in this glove.
I rocommend to swap ED gem to Blight instead of using this glove.

I disagree here entirely. I have a different trickster build using ED, life and MoM. I'm thinking of swapping to this build as i don't have a lot of survivability with cloak of defiance and life build. Allelopathy gloves using the 4 link for contagion (4 blues - Contagion - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge - Inc AOE) gives you 4 link contagion and 4 link blight. If you remove one of the extra gems for ES and add in a spreading rot jewel. This will help out the blight damage and give you 25% bonus damage on the rest of your chaos damage

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I had not used both 6L Blight and Allelopathy Blight on regular mapping, once I had got lv22 ED(lv20 ED +lv3 empower)
Single cast of ED/Contagion can kill an entire moster pack. Therefore the usage of Blight is only on boss fight if it's necessary.
ED is dot skill which you don't have to stand continually in front of the target. I offen do like hit a boss with ED, drop a wither totem, kill 2-3 monster packs around the boss, then go back to 50% life boss and finish it.

These are main reasons I had not used Blight. But yeah, I tested the setup in game mapping and on PoB as your suggestion.

using 4L Blight on Allelopathy(Blight - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge - Inc AoE) and 1 Spreading Rot.

Unfortunately, "Take 25% increased chaos damage" from Spreading Rot give me about 10% more damage. Because these "enemy take xx% damage" stats are "additive", and I already have Vulnerability(33%) and Wither(140% at max stack). The damage bonus from the jewel is not huge.

Also, Blight damage itself is not good enough. Here is 4L Blight stats with flasks/Charges. Compared with 6L Blight setup, the damage is one-fifth.

Allelopathy gives small damage boost, but I don't feel it's necessary. I recommend to use 6L Blight when your ED damage is not good in leveling phase. You have to handle stats requirement(mostly str) / Resis issues, if you use this gloves.

I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
"
nish wrote:
Hey there Koshiniki, I'm very interested in trying this build but I would like to know if the LL version of the build will be hugely different skill tree wise?

Hi there! The LL skill tree is almost same as CI version. Here is example of the tree.
http://poeurl.com/bxYj

For gears, you need Presence of Chayula, Doedre's Damning, Rare helmet instead of Heretic's Veil and of course Shavronne's Wrappings.

"
nish wrote:
Also, are the support gems listed in order of importance? (meaning Empower is last priority on gem setp?)

Yes, even if you have lv4 empower.

I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
Thank you for the response! I'm trying it out right now and this is the easiest leveling experience I've ever had, can't wait to reach maps!
Hey! This build seems super awesome and fun. I was looking for something different and with ES since it seemed a fun mechanic and I hoped something would make it work in spite of nerfs. I really want to give it a shot (Even though it'll be my fourth build and I'm changing too quickly and never got really high end material and profit, I like familiarizing myself with new mechanics and I'm still rather a newb :))

Few questions though:
PoB link shows 104 movespeed but I didn't see so much in your items and passives and ascendancy. Am I missing something or is it calculating in the potion usage?

Why flame dash with CWDT? Doesn't it give you reduced control and sends you towards melee range?

And lastly - you said it's not perfect for end game tanky bosses. Is that because it's slower in killing but still effective - just not farm effective? Or is it weak to them and unable to clear them? If it's the former - can't you have a second weapon set with more damage potential to switch to in boss fights? Like Rippling Thoughts or the crazy staff suggested in this ED build? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181/page/1

(Your build seemed more fun to play overall but I'm checking to see I understand the mechanics and gameplay of the entire thing XD)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kjede
Hi there, I was wondering if you could please give us some comparison between Trickster and Occultist? Why choose one over the other. Thanks a bunch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info