[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Here's a budget search, and two passable looking results:

The scepter has suffix room for spell crit chance

The dagger has suffix room for crit mult or spell crit chance (crit mult probably better, but as always check it with your gear in PoB)

You can tweak the numbers up a bit if you are willing to spend more. Tweaking the "sum" up to ~60 on the phys as extra category will give you results in the ~2 ex range. Tweaking the "count" up on the runner up mods will give you results in the ~1 ex range. Make sure you pick results that have room to master craft something.

You can also find budget items somebody else already master crafted by switching the "count" on secondary mods to 2 and flipping the "crafted" tag to "either." If you don't have high level masters this might be more convenient, but it also tends to cost a premium compared to putting your own master craft on.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 22, 2018, 4:24:59 PM
You literally just answered all of my questions. Some I didn't even know I had. Thank you so much for taking the time to write that out.
I'm playing a non crit version of this build but was debating respeccing, I'm running a 6link atm and plan using the new loreweave either way, as I personally don't like the micro management of soul mantle. I was just curious what your guys playing the crit version tool tip is, preferably on just a 6l,not the 7 of mantle. For comparison
As for searching for weapons, here is another option for anyone that doesn't mind doing some work:

Open PoB, import your current character, set up configurations (choose boss as shaper, tick having power charge, enable the flasks you are constantly using, etc.).
Then set one of the weapon slot to "None", better to be the weapon slot where you want to find a upgrade for.
On the right side, click "craft custom...", and paste the following text in the box:

Spoiler

New Item
Sai
Crafted: true
Prefix: None
Suffix: None
Quality: 20
Sockets: G-G-G
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 1
0% Increased Block Chance
{range:0}Adds (0-1) to (0-1) Fire Damage to Spells
{range:0}Adds (0-1) to (0-1) Cold Damage to Spells
{range:0}Adds (0-1) to (0-1) Lightning Damage to Spells
{range:0}Gain (0-1)% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
{range:0}Gain (0-1)% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
{range:0}Gain (0-1)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
{range:0}Gain (0-1)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
{range:0}Gain (0-1)% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
{range:0}Damage Penetrates (0-1)% Elemental Resistances
{range:0}(0-1)% increased Cast Speed
{range:0}(0-1)% increased Spell Damage
{range:0}(0-1)% increased Cold Damage
{range:0}(0-1)% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
{range:0}+(0-1)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

Click save.

Now you will see a drop down menu above the "New Item". Select first mod (adds fire damage), drag the slider on the right to rightmost, and PoB will tell you, how much dps is 1 unit of that attribute is giving you. Return the slider, and go on to next mod, repeat. (BTW you can totally skip added x-x damage mods because they just give too little dps)

Go to poe.trade, use "weight" group, for each mod, enter the dps gain PER UNIT from your observation. You may want to put a minimal total weight, so that you can quickly sort with that weight. E.g.
Spoiler
The following result is for my character, your character can be very different.

I seem to cannot evaluate the crit dps in PoB. The crit chance stays at 5% no matter what weapons I use. Any thoughts?
Can someone explain me why is phys to cold convert better enchant instead of 40% glacial cascade dmg? Playing hiero version
Last edited by Wolverine67 on Mar 23, 2018, 12:50:24 PM
"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Can someone explain me why is phys to cold convert better enchant instead of 40% glacial cascade dmg? Playing hiero version

Because if you mostly do cold damage, you gain a huge dps increase from running cold penetration. also with all the shapper/elder item mod around it scale better to have a completly conversioned GC over one that is almost 50/50
"
Wolverine67 wrote:

You can try both in PoB and see what your results are.

Total conversion is actually much less important for a hierophant than inquisitor. We don't have very much raw elemental scaling, so really the main attraction is cold penetration. But a lot of shaper weapons shift us away from doing pure cold damage anyway, to the point where cold pen is no longer worth running. If you're not running cold pen or ele focus, then total conversion is completely optional.

Things we've got that scale ele, but not physical:
64% increased ele damage in tree (72% if you picked up the 3 point socket in the top left)
ele as chaos from atziri's promise
potentially ele weakness curse
potentially some amount of ele damage on a scepter
potentially some amount of ele as chaos from shaper weapons
potentially some amount of ele penetration on shaper weapons/ammy
potentially 10% ele penetration boot enchant
potentially frost bomb
potentially cold penetration support
potentially ele focus support

Do all of these outweigh 40% increased damage? Check in PoB! If you have a lot of the above, the answer is probably yes. If you only have the minimal 64% ele damage, and atziri's, probably not.

There's also phys reflect maps to consider. They're still runnable without full conversion, but they're more annoying. Of course you can swap in long winters or P2L for phys reflect maps if you like, or you can just re-summon your totems a lot (which honestly you probably do anyway).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 23, 2018, 1:33:58 PM
"
Aduine wrote:
"
Wolverine67 wrote:

Because if you mostly do cold damage, you gain a huge dps increase from running cold penetration. also with all the shapper/elder item mod around it scale better to have a completly conversioned GC over one that is almost 50/50

The 60/40 base ratio goes away pretty fast when you add shaper weapons. If I take away my hat enchant in PoB only 16% of my total damage works out to be physical. My breakdown becomes:
Cold 47%
Lightning 16%
Fire 5%
Chaos 15%
Physical 16%
(I realize that totals to 99%, PoB rounds its percentages off unfortunately)
I think I'm now confused :D. You generally speak here about ele dmg, and i ask about phys convert? Probably not understand very well, so sorry about that. I'm planning to go cold penetration after i got 100% phys to cold conversion. And my items are daggers with shaper mod "phys as extra "some" dmg". When I check in PoB with pastebin link for hiero at the start of this topic, its higher tooltip with conversion instead of dmg itself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info