[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

For your character you need boot enchant with critical strike if you haven't crit, or ele pen if you haven't killed.

Get jewel sockets from tree and use 2 long winters or gc conversion helm. Drop phys to lightning for 20/20 faster casting.

Helm enchant: Lightning/Ice Golem, GC dmg, or GC conversion are all good, some of these are dirt cheap.

weapons: They are incredibly bad. Buy some ilvl 80 shaper bases and start crafting. When you hit 40% phys as cold with another good modifier multimod spell dmg/crit/attackspeed onto it.

Chest: Get a 6l unique chest or shaper chest with a utility. Vaal regalia is not ideal.

Boots: Kaom's Roots, drop freeze flask for shock/dps flask. (since using whirl)

Flask: Drop quicksilver flask since you are using whirl to move with your setup, put in a basalt,
silver flask, or a taste of hate is recommended for high tier maps for the physical damage shift.

Essence worm: Drop a ring and put hatred in this, this frees up mana for mom.

Clear mind jewel: Since you have no auras this is a large damage boost. Drop clarity.

Skilltree: Fill in your jewel slots before going for flat damage.
You're the man. Thanks again for the build and the advice! I'll continue to dump fusings into my well rolled soul mantle to hit those super dps numbers. As soon as I can sell some stuff I'll make all the changes you suggested. /upvote
Howdy, exile. I have nv played totem build before. I'm thinking to try this build in the coming event. I just wonder, as either event starter or league starter, what kinda weapon should I look for? I apologize if my question has been answered before, but I just didn't find it. I mean, according to the guide on the 1st page, shaper dagger is definitely ultimate one, but what about before you can hand on one? can anyone share what weapon use during lvling progress and just start mapping, please? thank you.
Generally you just use a weapon that gives you the highest tooltip. This build is still playable with crappy weapons but will slow down your mapping speed as you wait for your totems to kill packs. When dps is low you can use elemental weakness or frostbite with arcane surge + frost bomb and vaal lightning trap/haste to kill tanky rares.

Early on the biggest damage is usually from a sceptre or wand with spell damage and cast speed.

Once you get alot of crit nodes from the tree dagger's start to add more damage as your crit multi increases with gear/levels. At this point you should be looking for well rolled non shaper weapons through the economy which are much more common and cheaper.

Two well rolled normal weapon's or weapon + well rolled shield should push you into yellow maps with a 6L and leveled skill gems.

Once you get access to ilvl 75 and preferrably 80 bases from t10-13 maps and maybe a friend with lvl 8 master's you can start crafting the juicy shaper weapons which is when glacial cascade picks up over the other totem builds. You may have to pay a fee early in the league for this.

Here is my character from about ~18 hours of gameplay into hardcore solo self found, currently doing t1-t4 maps. The tabula was farmed with cards from aquaducts over about 5 hours. Pretty much this is all you need to start mapping but pretty much any interaction with an economy and I would get an essence worm, long winter's, cold conversion gloves/helm, clear mind, or a shaper dagger base which would be huge upgrades. All act bosses were killed on a 4 link. Tooltip is about 7-11k at 79 which is about 1/15th the dps of a geared level 90 to put into perspective the damage I have yet to scale through gear.

I leveled with these items types, upgrading as I got better drops. You can kind of see the stat weights based on level progression.
"
Ciatlov wrote:
Generally you just use a weapon that gives you the highest tooltip. This build is still playable with crappy weapons but will slow down your mapping speed as you wait for your totems to kill packs. When dps is low you can use elemental weakness or frostbite with arcane surge + frost bomb and vaal lightning trap/haste to kill tanky rares.

Early on the biggest damage is usually from a sceptre or wand with spell damage and cast speed.

Once you get alot of crit nodes from the tree dagger's start to add more damage as your crit multi increases with gear/levels. At this point you should be looking for well rolled non shaper weapons through the economy which are much more common and cheaper.

Two well rolled normal weapon's or weapon + well rolled shield should push you into yellow maps with a 6L and leveled skill gems.

Once you get access to ilvl 75 and preferrably 80 bases from t10-13 maps and maybe a friend with lvl 8 master's you can start crafting the juicy shaper weapons which is when glacial cascade picks up over the other totem builds. You may have to pay a fee early in the league for this.

Here is my character from about ~18 hours of gameplay into hardcore solo self found, currently doing t1-t4 maps. The tabula was farmed with cards from aquaducts over about 5 hours. Pretty much this is all you need to start mapping but pretty much any interaction with an economy and I would get an essence worm, long winter's, cold conversion gloves/helm, clear mind, or a shaper dagger base which would be huge upgrades. All act bosses were killed on a 4 link. Tooltip is about 7-11k at 79 which is about 1/15th the dps of a geared level 90 to put into perspective the damage I have yet to scale through gear.

I leveled with these items types, upgrading as I got better drops. You can kind of see the stat weights based on level progression.

That's really helpful, man. much appreciated it. When lvling, you started with G.C or other totems, like flameblast or firestorm?

(Edit)Nv mind, i think that's a stupid question. According to your lvling weapon upgrades, "adding cold damage" answers my question. duh...
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Apr 27, 2018, 8:28:02 AM
Spell progression for me is lightning tendrils or Freezing Pulse>Firestorm>Glacial Cascade. Freezing pulse or frostbolt with an act V thresh-hold jewel may be better early on.

You can either go dual totem early or stay self cast + 1 totem. Totems become really strong once you get hiero ascendancy first totem node and some dps nodes from the tree around act4. Spell totem comes with a large damage reduction and cast speed reduction so it doesn't start to feel good until after you overcome some of that through damage nodes and get some totem placement speed.

You can use any of those spells in a totem for leveling or self cast them or both. I think I went dual firestorm totems into gc however the clearspeed is not fast but it is probably safer for hardcore than self casting.

The cold damage on the newbie weapons I linked does nothing for spells, only x damage to spells. You are mainly looking for these early on your weapons.

Elemental damage
cast speed
added damage to spells

Apologize if this has been covered before, as there are 100+ pages already. What do you think about using 2x shimmeron for gc?

Drop frost bomb as the base 6% crit chance and increased crit from shimmeron will proc the degen a lot.

Problem is we get lots of lightning damage. I wonder if arc or ball lightning would be a better fit than gc for shimmeron.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Apologize if this has been covered before, as there are 100+ pages already. What do you think about using 2x shimmeron for gc?

Drop frost bomb as the base 6% crit chance and increased crit from shimmeron will proc the degen a lot.

Problem is we get lots of lightning damage. I wonder if arc or ball lightning would be a better fit than gc for shimmeron.

I just plugged some wands onto my BHC glacial cascade character and shifted some offensive nodes from the tree to pick up the extra power charges for the power charge requirement weapon's: Number's are without conc effect and represent 1 burst from 1 glacial cascade totem. Total dps is probably atleast 8 times the value listed. Damage numbers are not exact and will differ if your tree/gear is different

My shaper weapons dual wielded: 140k dps
Void Battery x2 (8 power charges): 107k (5 non crit dps nodes shifted to power charges)
Shimmeron x2 (6 charges): 100k (5 non crit dps nodes shifted to power charges)
6l Taryn's Shiver w/3 crit staff nodes, 90k with 20% multiplier to frozen.
Apep's x2: 89k
Princess Sabre x2: 83k
Lifesprig x2: 71.6k

Shaper weapon's destroy everything so bad it's not even funny for GC. Also consider that those weapon's do less dps and come with the drawback of not being able to whirl or shield charge for movement speed which is pretty important.

Last edited by Ciatlov on Apr 28, 2018, 3:09:09 AM
"
Ciatlov wrote:
"

I just plugged some wands onto my BHC glacial cascade character and shifted some offensive nodes from the tree to pick up the extra power charges for the power charge requirement weapon's: Number's are without conc effect and represent 1 burst from 1 glacial cascade totem. Total dps is probably atleast 8 times the value listed. Damage numbers are not exact and will differ if your tree/gear is different

My shaper weapons dual wielded: 140k dps
Void Battery x2 (8 power charges): 107k (5 non crit dps nodes shifted to power charges)
Shimmeron x2 (6 charges): 100k (5 non crit dps nodes shifted to power charges)
6l Taryn's Shiver w/3 crit staff nodes, 90k with 20% multiplier to frozen.
Apep's x2: 89k
Princess Sabre x2: 83k
Lifesprig x2: 71.6k

Shaper weapon's destroy everything so bad it's not even funny for GC. Also consider that those weapon's do less dps and come with the drawback of not being able to whirl or shield charge for movement speed which is pretty important.

Thank you.. This is what I was looking for.. Have you got a chance to do indigon SR? I tried to set mine up, tooltip dps in combat. I am doing 20-28k burn damage per second per totem with indigon SR.

I am guessing, with good currency, GC with 2x shaper weapons will be the best, even beating indigon SR and shimmeron arc. Thanks for running the sims.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Thank you.. This is what I was looking for.. Have you got a chance to do indigon SR? I tried to set mine up, tooltip dps in combat. I am doing 20-28k burn damage per second per totem with indigon SR.

I am guessing, with good currency, GC with 2x shaper weapons will be the best, even beating indigon SR and shimmeron arc. Thanks for running the sims.

Build is a bit pricey for hardcore and the damage mostly un-necessary for maps. Very hesitant to drop 30-40 exalts on the items for that build as fun as it looks. Can do the hardest content with either setup so the cheaper version is probably better in most cases but maybe not as cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info